To Heart 2 Another Day

Equ3strianGam3r

Hello everybody. I just finished playing the english translation of To Heart 2 and I learned that there is a sequel to the game called To Heart 2 Another Day. So I was wondering if anybody knew if there were any plans to translate To Heart 2 Another Day into english as well. I figured I would come and ask here because I didn't know where else I could go and ask this question.

Another Days is a much more inconsistent game than the original was. Some of the routes are well worth reading while a few are somewhere between annoying and garbage. If I had to translate it, I wouldn't be able to do half of them they're so annoying or inappropriate. The game engine is different to the original too so I'd need a completely new set of programming tools to extract and reinsert text (it's unique and doesn't share anything with the original or any other game and I have no "team" to do such work any more). In the original game people like some girls and don't like others, but the writing is mostly consistent, whereas in AD it varies wildly. The game is much more linear - just pick the girl you want repeatedly.

As with Star Was prequels - be careful what you ask for as you may well get it and regret it. This sequel is a bit like that...

Without any real spoilers, the routes on Another Days are:

The good:

Harumi - good robot maid route

Silfa - good robot maid route

Charu - good route for a secondary TH2 character

Yocchi - good route for a secondary TH2 char

The neutral:

Haruka - story with no H ending

The bad/the ugly:

Nanako - unnecessary loli route with no H ending

Ma-ryan - extremely annoying nonsense of just endless drivel about absurd scenes with no real story that goes on and on

Unlocked:

Konomi/Tama-nee crossover- Nonsense story post Konomi friend ending from TH2 with an admittedly hot H ending

Ikuno - Annoying reverse story telling from Ikuno's perspective post Manaka ending from TH2 with possible but questionable H ending

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, hyperde said:

Can I know what is happening in Haruka ending?

Your post would be considered spoiler enough that you should probably put it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

The MC fell in love with Haruka but she was completely unaware of his feelings. When he finally confesses, she says "sorry but I'm already happily married", though as a favour she dresses up in her wedding dress for him to pretend.

• 4 months later...

I know this thread is a bit older, but I just wanted to add my two cents. 

I enjoyed some of the routes from the game. The student council President route was very well done. It continued to go on for quite awhile after they got together. It even had it's own plot. However, the main two girls, Konomi and the other childhood friend, had extremely disappointing  routes.   Since I liked these 2 girls, I was looking forward their routes, but you play through what seems like a never ending common route for 20 - 40 hours, then you have a confession + h-scene and thats it.  It doesn't show them dating or anything else at all. I was a little bit shocked at the sudden endings since with VN is so widely known and well respected. It's really a shame because both of these characters would of made for some entertaining events.  I DO appreciate the translation of this visual novel. I've just always had a Love/Hate relationship with the writers a of Japanese media.  I'm a little older than probably many of the visual novel readers around here, and I like reading about romance. When I do read romance, I don't want to wait for the last two pages before the confession actually happens like in about 90% of Romance Manga,  I want to be able to see them has a couple for at least a little while before it ends. One of my favorite visual novels is "A drug that makes you Dream" and the routes start branching off early into 3 separate stories and they become romantic very early. I wish more followed this format.  It's a really unique VN and a must read for anyone.

2 hours ago, jeffreymgibson said:

I know this thread is a bit older, but I just wanted to add my two cents. 

I enjoyed some of the routes from the game. The student council President route was very well done. It continued to go on for quite awhile after they got together. It even had it's own plot. However, the main two girls, Konomi and the other childhood friend, had extremely disappointing  routes.   Since I liked these 2 girls, I was looking forward their routes, but you play through what seems like a never ending common route for 20 - 40 hours, then you have a confession + h-scene and thats it.  It doesn't show them dating or anything else at all. I was a little bit shocked at the sudden endings since with VN is so widely known and well respected. It's really a shame because both of these characters would of made for some entertaining events.  I DO appreciate the translation of this visual novel. I've just always had a Love/Hate relationship with the writers a of Japanese media.  I'm a little older than probably many of the visual novel readers around here, and I like reading about romance. When I do read romance, I don't want to wait for the last two pages before the confession actually happens like in about 90% of Romance Manga,  I want to be able to see them has a couple for at least a little while before it ends. One of my favorite visual novels is "A drug that makes you Dream" and the routes start branching off early into 3 separate stories and they become romantic very early. I wish more followed this format.  It's a really unique VN and a must read for anyone.

I agree with you. There are japanese media where the couple form early, but thats usually followed by pretty damn ugly drama. Cheating, breakups, differwnt ambitions etcetc where the shit romances usually have the happy ever after endings