Most reliable places for purchasing figures?

Mugi

I'm planning on diving into the addiction known as figure collecting soon, and didn't know which places were the most reliable/trusted. If anyone could enlighten me on the best places to buy from, i'd appreciate it. Bonus points if it has the two figures i'm looking for, being Yukie and Benkei from Majikoi.

That so? How fast is the shipping? Any other recommendations? (since it seems the Benkei figure is on backorder qq)

Depends on what kind of shipping you ask.

I usually only ask for EMS which usually costs 2,000 yen but it takes 5-7 business days to arrive.

I recently ordered 2 nendoroids from them and they came safe and sound in 7 days.

What might take time is your order being processed because they might not have what you want in stock yet, but usually they process your order within the first couple days. You also only pay after they have made sure everything is available and they have calculated the shipping.

I usually prefer Amiami because they get some nice discounts from time to time and they have a pretty big range of figures, but be warned if you live in Europe you'll have to deal with VAT (check your country's laws for how much is VAT).

Depends on what kind of shipping you ask.

I usually only ask for EMS which usually costs 2,000 yen but it takes 5-7 business days to arrive.

I recently ordered 2 nendoroids from them and they came safe and sound in 7 days.

What might take time is your order being processed because they might not have what you want in stock yet, but usually they process your order within the first couple days. You also only pay after they have made sure everything is available and they have calculated the shipping.

I usually prefer Amiami because they get some nice discounts from time to time and they have a pretty big range of figures, but be warned if you live in Europe you'll have to deal with VAT (check your country's laws for how much is VAT).

Ah, okay. Thank you. Oh, and I should probably ask this..I can pay with paypal and it'll convert the currency, right? I know that's normally how it is, but I remembered hearing that some places wouldn't let you do that.

Besides PlayAsia and AmiAmi, you can always try Mandarake and Plamoya; AmiAmi is propably the best and safest way to preorder or buy freshly released figures, why Plamoya often has older figures in stock, even months after the release. Keep in mind those might be used/second-hand or come from backorders, therefore they can't guarantee perfect condition of boxes. Japanese do keep their items in tiptop shape though, so even used figures usually look practically like new.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna dig this topic up so I don't have to make a new one. I tried checking how much shipping would be with AmiAmi and it tells me I have to submit an order for the shipping to be calculated. What's up with this? Do I have to submit something beforehand to buy something?