Girlfriend of Steel 1 Special Edition Running Issue

xPearse

Okay, I've been getting this error for some reason and I don't know what's causing the problem. I installed the game and it work for the first few days at first, but then it suddenly stopped and always prompts this error:

hJTL6.png

It says, "管理者権限でログインして,再実行して下さい=  Login with administrator privileges, and please try again."

You see, it's weird because it worked perfectly at first but then suddenly stopped. Anyone have any idea on how to get the game running again, or if there's anything that I should do? I was already running in admin before and after and have tried various things, so please help me out here. I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I got this as well when I first tried to run it after a few days. Any idea what it means, or what I should do?

Uf4i1.jpg

Edit

My bad. I meant Girlfriend of Steel 1 Special Edition.

I think I still have my copy lying around somewhere. I actually never gave it a try on W7, but it used to work on XP, albeit you had to do a bit of tweaking; It's a fairly old windows game, don't expect any sort of a miracle.

If I remember correctly, one of the most common issues on the new systems was when people tried to run it as an image, but neglected the fact it needs to run in the exact same virtual drive as installed. Another problem was with mismatched install paths, various sound-related issues and in some cases, the game would simply refuse to run on some systems.

Try reinstalling the game to a folder on your desktop.  That would circumvent any protections on the program files directory.  You could alternatively disable User Account Control.

Be warned that programs not working that used to work could be a sign of data corruption, i.e., your antivirus or firewall randomly deleting / blocking files or worse, a failing hard drive.  One early warning sign of a failing HDD is that torrents will end up corrupted.  SMART errors are another indication.

If I remember correctly, one of the most common issues on the new systems was when people tried to run it as an image, but neglected the fact it needs to run in the exact same virtual drive as installed. Another problem was with mismatched install paths, various sound-related issues and in some cases, the game would simply refuse to run on some systems.

Well, it ran at first so I'm baffled as to what the problem truly is. Would re-installing applocale or that sort of stuff make it run? Because it prompts it before attempting to load the game.

Try reinstalling the game to a folder on your desktop.  That would circumvent any protections on the program files directory.  You could alternatively disable User Account Control.

Be warned that programs not working that used to work could be a sign of data corruption, i.e., your antivirus or firewall randomly deleting / blocking files or worse, a failing hard drive.  One early warning sign of a failing HDD is that torrents will end up corrupted.  SMART errors are another indication.

Tried that there now, but sadly, it still didn't load. Though everything else on my PC works fine including JP games, so I'm glad it's not the latter.

Actually, the problem was that since support was dropped for Windows Server 2003 a graphics driver was turned off with that update which caused some games not to run. However, the solution is to simply turn it back on and then your games will work. Now, here's the instructions that somebody who encountered the same problem e-mailed me:

• Open the device manager
  • Under View, check Show hidden devices.
  • Then, click on Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
  • Double click Security Driver.
  • And on the Driver tab, click on Start.

Thank goodness for that. Stupid Microsoft.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello so I tried using a virtual machine to run the game and it starts up but it gives me this error GetDeviceCaps D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT D3DDEVTYPE_HAL I am guessing it has to do with the graphics because when I go to the screen set up for the game all the options are blank. Any one have any ideas on how to fix this or have figured out a way to play the game on windows 10.