A reintroduction after prolonged absence

Katatsumuri

Hi people, Katatsumuri here,.

So, after a several month long hiatus, I am back here on Fuwa. You might have entered this thread out of curiosity, and now you are staring at this text. 

You might be thinking "what does this person mean by 'reintroduction' anyway, I don't remember him.", and then cease to pay any attention after leaving a mindless "welcome to the forums" post just to get your post count up. But for those who don't know who I am, or quite frankly, those who don't even remember me or my few and rather insignificant posts, then this is for you:

I'm Katatsumuri, and I started reading VNs back in 2011 when I began reading Fate/stay night out of boredom and quickly found it to be an amazing read, quite unlike anything I had read before. This is what jump-started the foray into VNs that has been going on throughout the years. Since then, I have started studying writing and narrative design due to the influence of some VNs, and have written some minor things for smaller projects as well. As of October 2013, I joined Fuwa with an introduction thread quite unlike this one, and spent a considerable amount of time here; was even a board mod at one point. But as of March/April 2015, I found myself visiting the site less and less, eventually leaving altogether. However, after a brief return a few days ago, I decided to return in full, hence this thread.

Things I appreciate when reading VNs:

-Multiple protagonists

-Female protagonists, or at least female PoVs.

-Linear stories

-Clichés and classic tropes used well

-Voiced protagonists (when Voice-acting is common in the VN itself)

-clever writing

Things I do not appreciate when reading VNs:

-Clichés and classic tropes used poorly

-Faceless protagonists

-cheap fanservice

-improbable situations as a result of shoddy writing

-Shoddy writing

Favorite VN (don't bother with my VNDB list, it's outdated anyway): Shikkoku no Sharnoth -what a beautiful tomorrow-

And I suppose that's it.

Of course I remember you! I am positive you were one of the participants in many forum games, like the WWI one, and you welcomed me when I joined this site. You were one of the last ones, typical snail.

Speaking of snail, your avatar is always snails. I remember a terribly important "competition" where two people tried to make your snail Christmas oriented, while you rhymed about trying to choose one.

Welcome back to the forums! Hope you're enjoying your stay!

Took me a second since you changed your avatar to something that isn't recognizable at a glance, although I think you might have done that before you left?

Have a moe (since we all know that's the real reason you posted a reintroduction ;)):

r3c1.png