Is there any meaning to seeing/hearing things in dreams that you eventually re-live in real life?

Mugi

I didn't quite know how to word the title, so apologies if it sounds odd. I've never really talked about this, but ever since I can remember, I've been having dreams where something happens and i'll think nothing of it, until the exact same thing ends up happening in real life and I instantly remember that I had previously seen it. This can range from people saying something (not just some general thing like "Hey, how are you doing", but pretty detailed and specific sentences, and sometimes even paragraphs), to something happening to myself or someone around me, or me seeing a sight that I had previously seen in a dream. Is this normal? I feel like it probably is and i'm just over analyzing things like I usually do, but it's been happening more lately and I just wanted to talk about it.  

Well, I guess there are a few possibilities. In descending order of likelihood:

1) Memories are inherently unreliable and inexact, so when you see something in the real world and it seems familiar to you or you "remember" it happening before in a dream, that wasn't necessarily the case. Your brain is just filing the memory in a way that makes you think it was always there, even though it's new.

2) It's deja vu. This is basically saying the above, but using a term everyone's familiar with.

3) You're seeing the future in your dreams. From the way you describe it, it may not be provable, since you say you think nothing of what happens in your dream until you see it again in real life. That makes the "memories" retroactive rather than predictive and not useful even if they represent a real ability.

If you manage to have a dream about some future event, predict when it will happen, and profit from it in some meaningful way, then you could be a character in your own VN with that ability. That would be cool. Statistically unlikely, given how many people have failed the James Randi challenge for example, but it's hard to ever say that something is truly impossible.

I've had similar experiences, I know there is a "scientific" explaination involving some sort of (non-damaging) fault in how the brain stores and retrieves memory... among many other very scientific theories (selection-bias, Unconscious perception, too much hot sauce). You know though, why ruin a perfectly good narrative with logic and reason? Fuck causality, humans can see the future.

I've had similar experiences, I know there is a "scientific" explaination involving some sort of (non-damaging) fault in how the brain stores and retrieves memory... among many other very scientific theories (selection-bias, Unconscious perception, too much hot sauce). You know though, why ruin a perfectly good narrative with logic and reason? Fuck causality, humans can see the future.

Or we already lived this life and this is just a second/third cycle and your chance to do things diffirently.

Personaly i experienced deja vu stuff myself too (maybe even too often) so... who knows, i am pretty sceptic, but you can never be sure (becase even the fact of our existence have no sense)

Or we already lived this life and this is just a second/third cycle and your chance to do things diffirently.

Personaly i experienced deja vu stuff myself too (maybe even too often) so... who knows, i am pretty sceptic, but you can never be sure (becase even the fact of our existence have no sense)

I can count at least 9 or 10 times I am certain I've experienced that. Never anything amazing, usually it's been some unremarkable event or moment - but like some have already said, it often involves people I did not yet know (in the dreams).

My personal theory? Our perceived concept of time is wrong, and our subconscious minds simply have a better handle on such things.

Completely groundless, but it's my closest suspicion.

hooray i found another person with the same ability as me  :mare: , o.k i'll try to explain in easy english and then go on how it works. few people have the ability to see the future also known as the six sense. this website can help you on what it means:

http://www.school-for-champions.com/senses/6thsense.htm

real life events that other people like us have seen coming:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1218401/Yes-sixth-sense-The-depth-study-intriguing-dreams-convinced-doctor.html

now this is great and all but there are limits. first you can't change the future, once you wake up you'll lose all memory until the event happen. you can not figure out any technology events (ex: gaming, youtube, etc) all events must be real or to the point where you remember. Holding a memory to change time will alter with real life or will cause the memory to be "invalid" and cease to exist. Writing it down is no different than holding the memory. lastly repeating events such as looking at the lottery will not help you win, we do not have the power to change the future.

Now the complex things, i been learning to use my powers for 20 years (yes since i was 1 years old) so why do we have this power? the answer is simple, we accept possibilities. Unlike normal people that accept nothing but lies or given up hope, we accept anything that might happen. There's no real reason why normal people do that but it doesn't mean some could have the future dream. however the normal people dream are way off, its been shown that normal people only have the future dreams few often not when they accept possibilities. In japan people have this theory, you can read it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsuyume

People outside japan experience it differently, in simple terms we gain greater insight when it happens in our timezone. Now before i end this there are other ways to see the future without sleeping, once of it is by covering your face with your hand (covers the sunlight or any light) which should look like faceplum and stretch any part of your body. You'll be able to see a very small unclear event however its never right or if this can even be consider anything related, study of this move is still under development. What we know is that the brain has a reset system and its very hard for me to explain, this website should help:

http://www.helpguide.org/harvard/how-your-body-clock-affects-your-sleep.htm

another is a very advanced version, which is a small power to give yourself. You have to know what will happen by planning it out throughout the day. it doesn't have to be very detail, only events that you do know will happen (ex: date, job, eating, walk the dog, etc) and then figure out what will change from past events and how the future can change with these events. Many can say its like detective work but i say its common sense because we accept possibilities.

last known possible way to see the future is by, collaboration with fellow time seeing people. however like i say no one is allow to change the future so doing this will only lead to a day being wasted if not done correctly. basicly everyone must wing it to see what happens of course there is a slight possibility to change the future but no one can really say for sure.

that's all, i been researching this for 20 years and still counting. its confusing yes but just know that you are not alone.

I need to know if you're trolling or not because this could be the best post I've ever seen on Fuwanovel.

This is the greatest post I have ever read in my entire history of using the internet. You sir have topped both Steve and Okami. I don't even know what to say.

What the actual fuck firecat?

That post has to be a joke. If not, go seek psychological help please. 

post-7031-neil-degrasse-tyson-quote-the-

...Well that was insightful.  :michiru:

When it comes to shit like this it's best to just use Occam's razor. Saying that your actually seeing the future makes a shit ton of assumptions on how dreaming and spacetime work and when you sit and actually think on it then you realize it doesn't make much sense since the two have nothing in common. But we do know that A) Humans are shitty at perceiving things and B) Humans are even shittier at remembering things. I think it'd be safer to assume that you're experiencing things wrong but the actual solution is probably a lot more complicated then that.

post-7031-neil-degrasse-tyson-quote-the-

...Well that was insightful.  :michiru:

When it comes to shit like this it's best to just use Occam's razor. Saying that your actually seeing the future makes a shit ton of assumptions on how dreaming and spacetime work and when you sit and actually think on it then you realize it doesn't make much sense since the two have nothing in common. But we do know that A) Humans are shitty at perceiving things and B) Humans are even shittier at remembering things. I think it'd be safer to assume that you're experiencing things wrong but the actual solution is probably a lot more complicated then that.