A+ Switch Visual Novel (Recruitment Closed)

DavidA.

Edit October 4th, 2015: The writing positions have recently been filled. Thank you to all those who were interested in the project and applied. :)

Hello, everyone! My name is David, and I’m one of the writers for the visual novel A+ Switch. (You may have also seen me stalking around the Fuwa forums) Also, forgive me if this isn't the place for recruitment. I'm still unsure how the Creative Corner works, exactly.

What we're looking for:

A+ Switch is still in the very early stages of development, so we are in search of writers who are able to assist in creation of the characters’ backstories, routes, world lore, and overall plot—we are always open to new and interesting ideas that can help better the story. We believe that writing is the fundamental core that dictates all other aspects of visual novel creation. That being said, we are hoping to find individuals who are as passionate about storytelling as we are.

logo_3_by_chironaila_d8shoms1_by_piichim

Synopsis:

A+ Switch tells the story of Kouhei and his struggle to cope with his younger sister Iori’s fatal illness. With Iori’s condition only worsening by the day, Kouhei wishes to do something special for her before the last autumn leaf falls. Obsessed with accomplishing his goal, he completely disregards his own deteriorating health; his nights are plagued by dread of his sister’s death, his appetite gradually wanes from the lack of sleep, and social interaction at school becomes a chore. Concerned about his state of mind, Kouhei’s school counselor advises—or rather, “forces”—that he visit her office regularly for psychological evaluations. It’s during one of these sessions that she recommends he be tutored by a selected group of upperclassmen to prevent him from falling behind in his studies while he deals with his issues. With not much room to argue, Kouhei halfheartedly agrees. He begins to realize, however, that the people around have their own fair share of problems, and that life may just be one big test to try and solve them. How will Kouhei fare?

Title Screen Concept by Piichimi

55f20b16-af5b-4516-ab27-748775189264.jpg

A+ Switch Opening Song (Produced by Outbreak, Sagisapon, and Geiky)

https://soundcloud.com/davidaacosta-1/outbreak-shuuren-autumn-love-ft-sagisapon-geiky/s-grMbH

Genre:

A+ Switch will be a mix of Comedy, Slice of Life, Drama, and Romance. The visual novel also contains some adult themes.

Some basic requirements of becoming a writer:

~ A good communicator who actively seeks participation in development or just random group chatter. (Communication is key with projects). It’s also encouraged to have Skype. You can find the program here: http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

~ Being open-minded to new ideas and concepts.  

~ Promptness and good time management to work on a regular basis.

~ An excerpt of previous work.  

~ Willing to volunteer for free, as our project is a non-commercial visual novel.

~ Has fun. (The most important, I say)

We do hope our project is able to interest you enough to apply for a writing position. If so, please feel free to send me a private message or leave a post down below. I’ll be sure to respond as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for reading our request! We look forward to having the chance to work with you.

hitomichheb1_by_piichimi-d83vrkk.gif

Interesting concept. Dealing frankly and effectively with depression, apathy and fear of loss is something that many stories attempt, while few succeed. If it's done well here, it could be a great read.

I'm having a little trouble reconciling the dark tone of the synopsis with how lighthearted the concept title screen is. Of course, a "concept" is just that, but it may be worth your while to take whichever representation more accurately represents the true tone of the story (the text or the visual) and align the other to it more closely. That should help ensure that any volunteer writers know what they're getting into and what you'll be expecting from them.

Good luck. Looking forward to how this turns out.

Interesting concept. Dealing frankly and effectively with depression, apathy and fear of loss is something that many stories attempt, while few succeed. If it's done well here, it could be a great read.

I'm having a little trouble reconciling the dark tone of the synopsis with how lighthearted the concept title screen is. Of course, a "concept" is just that, but it may be worth your while to take whichever representation more accurately represents the true tone of the story (the text or the visual) and align the other to it more closely. That should help ensure that any volunteer writers know what they're getting into and what you'll be expecting from them.

Good luck. Looking forward to how this turns out.

• 3 weeks later...

scrap the Little sister part?

Just have the protag be depressed about something regarding himself. Otherwise the comedy/slice of life would feel a bit out of place when you decide to say "Obsessed with accomplishing his goal, he completely disregards his own deteriorating health; his nights are plagued by dread of his sister’s death, his appetite gradually wanes from the lack of sleep, and social interaction at school becomes a chore."

If he is depressed about something regarding himself, that can change. I don't see how the main story on solving the other girls problems is going to help his sister. If you re going to keep the sister then make sure each route saves his sister one some way.

scrap the Little sister part?

Just have the protag be depressed about something regarding himself. Otherwise the comedy/slice of life would feel a bit out of place when you decide to say "Obsessed with accomplishing his goal, he completely disregards his own deteriorating health; his nights are plagued by dread of his sister’s death, his appetite gradually wanes from the lack of sleep, and social interaction at school becomes a chore."

If he is depressed about something regarding himself, that can change. I don't see how the main story on solving the other girls problems is going to help his sister. If you re going to keep the sister then make sure each route saves his sister one some way.

aight, sounds good to me, BUT no matter how you intend doing it, IF the artist is still the same one who did the cover above, then you should by any means try keeping him/her in your team, because those chicks are looking ultrakawaii & really professional - have already seen art from renowned companies, thats been much worse.