Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone! ^-^

Otomegirl24

Hi there, I just registered as a new member today and I'm really excited to play some of these games & to talk with people who are interested in otome games and/or visual novels. I recently downloaded Starry Sky today and I'm REALLY excited to play it. However, when I started play the game, the punctuation marks turn out funny. Instead of a period or a question mark, there is a @ or B to replace it. How do I fix this? Do I need to change my unicode? I figured I wouldn't have to change it since I read that it wasn't required to change it.

1349102454' post=487]

Hi there, I just registered as a new member today and I'm really excited to play some of these games & to talk with people who are interested in otome games and/or visual novels. I recently downloaded Starry Sky today and I'm REALLY excited to play it. However, when I started play the game, the punctuation marks turn out funny. Instead of a period or a question mark, there is a @ or B to replace it. How do I fix this? Do I need to change my unicode? I figured I wouldn't have to change it since I read that it wasn't required to change it.

Hm. I'll look into this and have something for you this afternoon.

PS: Hooray for Akihiko-Sempai avatar!!

Yeah Starry Sky should work without Japanese locale...

I wonder what could be causing it...

Weird...

Is your system set to a different language that is not english?

Yeah Starry Sky should work without Japanese locale...

I wonder what could be causing it...

Weird...

Is your system set to a different language that is not english?

Nope, it's set to English, I haven't changed it or anything. The punctuation marks are a little off-putting, but I'm still enjoying the game overall.

Well, first things first:

First: the translation of Starry Sky was done by a mysterious group and is notoriously buggy.

Second: the English patch was hosted on the now-dead site megaupload. The only extant copies are those circulated around the community like those Aaeru provides.

Third: The patch has limited success. It works for some people, and not for others.

The details I provided above worked for me. I've done all the research my time allows, and I haven't come up with anything more than that. It works on my computers, and that's really the end of what I can do to troubleshoot your issue.

An alternate method of installation/acquisition can be found here: http://sasugasugoi.b...stallation.html .

: ( I'm sorry if it still doesn't work for you! I don't play Otome games, so if something comes up down the road, post on the forum and hopefully somebody who's played the games will have an answer.

EDIT: Oops, I'm getting my posts confused. When I refer to previously offered advice, it can be found here. I forgot there've been two threads of Starry Sky troubles posted in the 'Introduce Yourself' board.

Edited by Tay