(In Early Stages) Recruiting for Visual Novel Project(s)- Sleeping Rabbit Production

Kuroi_Usagi

I am currently looking for capable individuals to fill positions within my production group. This involves artists, composers, web producer/designer, sound designer, programmer, writers, graphics designer, producer, and a co-director. Please take your time to fully read each project pitch and determine for yourself if either are of any interest to you. When you have done that, follow the google form URL located at the very bottom of the post to complete the following application.

The application is one of two parts, the second part will come to you individually according to which position you applied for. Think of the first part being interview questions, and the second part is for you to show me what you are capable of bringing to the project. Once the second part has been sent, the results of whether you have been selected will come to you through email after all applicants have been reviewed.

*Should you decide against joining the production after you have been selected you are by no means obligated to commit. However, please make that decision before officially taking part in the team.*

The projects I currently have planned may be considered within the "concept" stages. However, I have envisioned how each story will progress and made a few outlines for portions of a common route.

Island Rakuen(18+) Genres: Mystery, Drama, Romance, Horror

It is summer break and college students Shougo and Kyouhei have big plans for vacation. Together, they rent a yacht with the money they saved and invite their friends into the pacific. It would be their last trip before they graduate from students to full-fledged adults. It is also a chance for Shougo to confess to his long-time crush, Toujou Tomoyo.

The group sets sail from Tokyo Bay and into the Pacific Ocean when they happen across an uncharted island. Seemingly uninhabited with the exception of heavy vegetative and tropical growth, and a sea teeming with fish the group anchors their yacht and makes camp.

Everyone pitches in, building cabins out of branches and leaves, fishing in the ocean for food, gathering the tropical fruits, and hunting the unusually large population of aggressive birds from within the island. They take tests of courage, roast food over a campfire, share dreams and hopes for the future. The place is like a paradise for them.

It was a paradise until a tropical cyclone sweeps away their only means of returning home. Stranded, and without means to communicate with the outside world the group of friends' long sought after vacation has become a nightmare.

The test of time begins to take its toll on the island's newest inhabitants, and one by one they begin to lose hope of ever returning home. Tomoyo quickly becomes a burden, failing to hold her end of her tasks and earning Maehara Ryouko’s ire. Finger-pointing turns to shoving and opinions to arguments, solidarity crumbles and the group splits into two.

Ryouko, having grown impatient seeing Tomoyo pampered for her mistakes and never owning up to her failures takes her own group and leaves. The separation brings temporary peace, but strange things begin to happen at night. A cacophony of howling and laughter sound throughout the island, and each group faces a danger worse than isolation—themselves.

Position-specific Notes
*Notes here do not reflect that positions in bold above are unneeded. Please fill out application even if your position is  not listed in these notes.

Writers: Two routes to be written, one for each heroine.

Composer: Looking for composers able to play any of the following: Flute, Piano, Ukulele, Percussion.

Artists: Sprites (11 characters), CG, Background, Title Screen, UI.

Programmer: Capable working with and have experience in Ren'py or other visual novel software. Design UI, title screen, Configuration screen.

Sound Designer/Editor: Generate and create sounds and noise for purpose of immersion. (IE- birds, ocean waves, motor, SFX, etc)

Additional Notes

1. Potentially Short-Medium in length.

2. As the 18+ tag implies, this story will contain content for the mature audience. Anyone under the age of 18 will not be permitted to participate in this production.

Wraiths of Ivarholdt Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Action,

Kael Craster is the leader of the band of sellswords called the Wraiths of Ivarholdt. Seven years ago when the clan was originally called the Ivarholdt Raiders, Kael was but a junior member in the clan having been taken in after he was orphaned during the Michar-Forissimo War. He had known bliss and love from his fellow clan mates until one day the Wraiths were indiscriminately hunted and slaughtered by orders of the king himself. Kael and Darrik were the only survivors, having been absent from the camp for a hunting trip.

Present day, the war has ended in an armistice and Kael has peacefully rebuilt his clan, naming it the "Wraiths of Ivarholdt" in honor of his former comrades.  However, that peace is short lived. News of the hermit King Michar leaving his castle to negotiate a treaty with King Forissimo reaches Kael’s ears. It is an opportunity he would not let go. Revenge begins to stir in Kael's mind and little do his new clan mates know their lives have now become a means to commit regicide.

Enter Wiles Tressante, the protagonist of our journey and the Wraiths’ newest member. He is a spy from the neighboring kingdom and ward of King Forissimo tasked with kidnapping the daughter of King Michar.

Life with the Wraiths becomes like a dream to Wiles. He finds within them camaraderie he’s never shared and a family he’s never had. His mission becomes a distant memory to him.

But as the nature of Kael’s true intentions grow more visible, the tenuous accord between each member begins to shatter. Wiles discovers that he isn’t the only one with something to hide. Old grudges open new wounds, the tangles of lies tighten, and the very person he is supposed to be looking for may not exist at all.

Position-specific Notes
*Notes here do not reflect that positions in bold above are unneeded. Please fill out application even if your position is  not listed in these notes.

Writers: Six routes, common route.

Composers: Looking for composers able to play any of the following: Flute, Piano, Percussion, Violin, Sing (chorale), cello.

Artists: Sprites (Six main characters) (~15+ supporting/side characters), CG, Background, Title Screen, UI.

Programmer: Capable working with and have experience in Ren'py or other visual novel software. Design UI, title screen, Configuration screen.

Sound Designer/Editor: Generate and create sounds and noise for purpose of immersion. (IE- sword clash, walking, fire, SFX, etc)

Additional Notes

1. Potentially Long-Very Long in length.

2. The routes withinWraiths of Ivarholdt will not branch. They will be "arcs" and follow right after the other. In other words, it will follow one large linear path with multiple arcs, one focusing on each character. The story is designed this way such that, unlike traditional otome/bishoujo, the characters will experience the impact of the arcs preceding them.

3. Depending on the success of this visual novel and the continued commitment of the production group I intend for a sequel.

4. Kickstarter/Crowd Funding TBD

Specific Recruitment

Directors and Writers to work on genres: Otome, horror, comedy, skit, mystery eroge(18+). I am looking for a director and writer who will not be working on the above projects, but will instead lead projects of their own. Preferably a writer who has their own story in mind. I will lead the production for you on your end.

Web Producer/Webmaster: Design and manage multiple websites to improve relations, increase publicity, and keep updates for public to see.

Make sure to complete the form below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HYJAXlJVDt_6V68zDbBxYRT5X4oDUcrH-7RwOoSURNw/viewform

Update #1

A few responses have made it to me, but there is not nearly enough to elicit the official production of this project yet. All positions are still open for you to apply to.

Now, now, there's no need to be shy. If you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed, do not hesitate to ask.

xCWD4DS.gif

To hopefully entice more potentials, I've begun writing pieces of the common route for Wraiths of Ivarholdt

I will also be posting character concepts like this one of Maravahl for the rest of the clan in each update. People applying for the position of writer she is one of four characters whose routes you can choose to write. The amount of freedom you have within writing their routes is about 90% of their total story. The other 10% is working with me and other writers regarding continuity and logical precedence.

Here is the link to the prologue/opening sequence in screenplay format: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLlyhfxdTjATkdvWE9XRk55U2M/view

This link is a very basic outline for Maravahl's character concept: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLlyhfxdTjAOE5qSzRPSDZnVEE/view?usp=sharing

*Frankly she's my second favorite character. Can you guess who my first may be from reading the script?

I hope you enjoy reading this.

Looking forward to your applications!