Daiteikoku Translation Project

ArtresLayfon

Oh, I see, then as a translator at MG, what do you think the chances that Daiteikoku will be translated (preferably a percentage)?

That's a ridiculous question. I can't quantify the chances, all I can tell you is they're decent. If you look at Alicesoft's recent library there's not a huge number of good games to go for, and Daiteikoku is possibly the one that's generated the most general interest outside Japan. I shouldn't have to explain why it'd be good to localize, you're just the most recent of plenty of random people who've attempted to work on this game. No other Alicesoft game, or even many other games period, have that.

That's a ridiculous question. I can't quantify the chances, all I can tell you is they're decent. If you look at Alicesoft's recent library there's not a huge number of good games to go for, and Daiteikoku is possibly the one that's generated the most general interest outside Japan. I shouldn't have to explain why it'd be good to localize, you're just the most recent of plenty of random people who've attempted to work on this game. No other Alicesoft game, or even many other games period, have that.

Pastel Chime 3 bro. Best game Alicesoft have ever made.

After that conversation with Arunaru, we've have established that it's pretty likely that Daiteikoku will get an official release by MangaGamer, so this translation project has been rendered obsolete. though myself and Lost/逸れた are planning on moving onto translating Asuseka (Soshite Ashita no Sekai yori). I hope everyone respects our decision to do this after it has come to light that both it is likely that the game will get an official translation and that if this project advanced and released a patch, it would probably have been C&D. This translation project will remain on the translation board until 12/09/15 to let everyone know about the project. Have a good day everyone!

After that conversation with Arunaru, we've have established that it's pretty likely that Daiteikoku will get an official release by MangaGamer, so this translation project has been rendered obsolete. though myself and Lost/逸れた are planning on moving onto translating Asuseka (Soshite Ashita no Sekai yori). I hope everyone respects our decision to do this after it has come to light that both it is likely that the game will get an official translation and that if this project advanced and released a patch, it would probably have been C&D. This translation project will remain on the translation board until 12/09/15 to let everyone know about the project. Have a good day everyone!

Understandable decision but i highly doubt that MangaGamer will translate it. If Beat Blade Haruka is a success and they get the rights for rance why should they bother with games that will sell less and cost way more due to voice acting rights.

My two cents as someone unrelated to all this. Although there are a lot of Rance games and that series is probably MG's #1 target from Alicesoft's catalogue, they're not going to translate those exclusively. They should feel free to mix it up. They have recruited at least two translators who are very interested in working on Alicesoft titles, after all, so they have decent enough manpower to do a wider breadth of titles than just Rance. There's no reason for this team to take an unnecessary risk. If MG ends up never licensing it, they can always opt to translate Daiteikoku later. It's not like there's any reason why it has to be done right now. Soshite Ashita no Sekai yori is also a solid VN that is much shorter and less ambitious for a new team, so I kind of like that better anyways, it feels like a much safer and more achievable goal.

The purpose of the translation was to get an English translation, so if after a while Daiteikoku still doesn't have a translation and it seems likely that MangaGamer isn't going to translate it then I am considering coming back to this and seeing a full patch released. I guess it was a bit premature of me to start a translation only a few months after Alicesoft and MG had signed an agreement.

That is my answer to those who are dissatisfied by the team's withdrawal from the translation.