VN similar to and as good as Grisaia no Kajitsu, G-Senjou no Maou

zxc19814762314

Hi, new to fuwanovel, I've played Grisaia and G-Senjou no Maou (As well as the translated Majikois, and Shinikiss) and I'm having trouble finding a VN that appeals to me that I would like to play in the meantime while waiting for Meikyuu and Rakuen.

I'd prefer a modern setting, as well as a newer VN (no older than 2007 unless good art, the art for G-Senjou was pretty borderline for me, despite that VN being amazing). Although I skip sex / h scenes half the time, it's nice knowing that they are there so that some romantic development took place to get it to that point. Other than that, a nice, memorable storyline, plot, and characters like in Grisaia and G-Senjou no Maou is really what I'm looking for, or even just an enjoyable one, (I could tell Shinikiss was bland, cliche, predictable, and average, but I still liked and enjoyed it none the less). Attractive heroines would be nice as well. A Full English translation patch / release is a must.

Some that I've seen and didn't appeal enough to me to play (at least not yet anyway, maybe I'll pick these up in the future if I don't find / have anything to play) are:

Princess Evangile
Yume Miru Kusuri
Rewrite
Osananajimi wa Daitouryou

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Hmm so you're looking for something on a more serious note with some comedy there for good measure. Can't recommend anything by key since you didn't like Rewrite.

So here is what I came up with: 

- Steins Gate

- Chaos Head

- Danganronpa

- 999 or Virtue's Last Reward ( played in order if possible )

Do have a few more, but sadly they aren't fully translated ( like Akatsuki No Goei ). Muv Luv is also there, but does not fit into the 2007-present thresh hold. 

Hi, new to fuwanovel, I've played Grisaia and G-Senjou no Maou (As well as the translated Majikois, and Shinikiss) and I'm having trouble finding a VN that appeals to me that I would like to play in the meantime while waiting for Meikyuu and Rakuen.

I'd prefer a modern setting, as well as a newer VN (no older than 2007 unless good art, the art for G-Senjou was pretty borderline for me, despite that VN being amazing). Although I skip sex / h scenes half the time, it's nice knowing that they are there so that some romantic development took place to get it to that point. Other than that, a nice, memorable storyline, plot, and characters like in Grisaia and G-Senjou no Maou is really what I'm looking for, or even just an enjoyable one, (I could tell Shinikiss was bland, cliche, predictable, and average, but I still liked and enjoyed it none the less). Attractive heroines would be nice as well. A Full English translation patch / release is a must.

Some that I've seen and didn't appeal enough to me to play (at least not yet anyway, maybe I'll pick these up in the future if I don't find / have anything to play) are:

Princess Evangile
Yume Miru Kusuri
Rewrite
Osananajimi wa Daitouryou

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Your going to have a pretty tough time, disregarding nukige, you might have a pretty tough time.  This is the list of all games with a patch, including incomplete, starting from 2008, and from this post, you can see all the complete patches by original release date.  There are about 150 of them, and ~60 are nukige, while another 30 or so are basically nukige.  

From my personal reading, I would suggest Fate (yeah, go figure), Cross Channel, and pretty much anything from Nitro+ .5pb as they all tend to be pretty good.  Brave adventurers may choose to try and browse the Key catalog, but Key really isn't my thing.

Your going to have a pretty tough time, disregarding nukige, you might have a pretty tough time.  This is the list of all games with a patch, including incomplete, starting from 2008, and from this post, you can see all the complete patches by original release date.  There are about 150 of them, and ~60 are nukige, while another 30 or so are basically nukige.  

From my personal reading, I would suggest Fate (yeah, go figure), Cross Channel, and pretty much anything from Nitro+ .5pb as they all tend to be pretty good.  Brave adventurers may choose to try and browse the Key catalog, but Key really isn't my thing.

I actually completely misread this, either way, if you are basing it on an artistic standpoint, you will still have trouble finding something that isn't nukige. Most of the VNs with good art are in the Moege/nukige territory, so unless you don't mind reading the same thing over and over again, you are fairly limited currently until the market catches up. Again, I will recommend Nitro+ .5pb, and then include Demonbane. Everything Nitro plus does is pretty high fidelity in the art department while not skimping on the story.

My cut-off date is 2001, mostly because almost nothing from before then besides Yu-no looks like I'd enjoy it. 

Anyway, I suggest Comyu or Sharin no Kuni for translated...

Untranslated

Sinclient

Bullet Butlers

Hello, Lady

Sorcery Jokers

Izuna Zanshinken

Abyss Homicide Club

Electro Arms

Re:Birth Colony Lost Azurite

Kimi to Boku to no Kishi no Hibi -Rakuen no Chevalier

Ojou-sama wa Gokigen Naname

Akatsuki no Goei (series)

Reminiscence (series)

Tsukiakari Lunch (might be too deep into fantasy realms for you, though)

Of the titles already listed, I'd say that the most similar to G-senjou that come close to fitting your artistic and date-based criteria are Sharin no Kuni Himawari no Shoujo and Comyu. I'd also add Muv-Luv Alternative.

Steins;Gate is a personal favorite of mine, but given your focus on art, its unique style may or may not appeal to you.

Wow, heaps of replies that I wake up to, nice and active forum xD

Anyway, the 2007 cutoff point is just cos I wasn't super impressed with G-Senjou no Maou's art, in fact, it was pretty bad imo, which is understandable I guess since it's from 2007. I got over the art around half an hour into the game and it didn't really hinder my enjoyment of the game, but any worse art might. The visuals play a decent part in the visual novel experience for me and would make a VN better. That said, Majikoi was released only 2 years later and had very nice, modern art, so maybe there are some <2007 VNs with good art for the time that I don't know about.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, all of these look pretty good. I'll probably be giving Coμ a play, and Dengeki Stryker after that, and then probably Konosora (I feel terrible for saying this, but one of the heroines being in a wheelchair in that game kinda turns me off from playing it lmao).

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, all of these look pretty good. I'll probably be giving Coμ a play, and Dengeki Stryker after that, and then probably Konosora (I feel terrible for saying this, but one of the heroines being in a wheelchair in that game kinda turns me off from playing it lmao).

Everyone has their preferences, but it would be a shame not to play Kotori's route in Konosora. She's by far the best character, in my opinion.

the closest to those vns is sharin no kuni, dengeki is like playing a superman vn (or any other superhero)...if my heart had wings is nothing like grisaia or senjou is more like slice of life with drama and comedy and comyu is nothing like that either because is more fantasy with a lot of supernatural things (yeah grisaia is not very realistic either but it tries to be realistic :P )

Everyone has their preferences, but it would be a shame not to play Kotori's route in Konosora. She's by far the best character, in my opinion.

Well I'm sure she is, it's just that the idea of a heroine being in a wheel chair to me at least seems really weird hahahaha I can imagine the sex scenes in her route definitely being a little funky. I try to 100% every VN I play, so I play through routes even if they don't appeal to me that much, and more often than not they end up appealing to me throughout the course of the route. The only routes I've skipped to this day in VNs I've finished playing are the male routes in Majikoi, and Miyako's After in Majikoi S.

the closest to those vns is sharin no kuni, dengeki is like playing a superman vn (or any other superhero)...if my heart had wings is nothing like grisaia or senjou is more like slice of life with drama and comedy and comyu is nothing like that either because is more fantasy with a lot of supernatural things (yeah grisaia is not very realistic either but it tries to be realistic :P )

The last VN I played was Shinikiss, so I'm not really too fussed, it doesn't have to be super similar to Grisaia or G-Senjou (In terms of story and theme anyway), at least trying to have a story and being enjoyable would make it good enough for me. From what I can tell, Grisaia and G-Senjou seem to be considered up there in the ratings of all VNs, so I know it will be hard to play another VN expecting it to be as good as either of them.