VN Reading Club - September: Swan Song

Nimbus

Vn Reading Club September - Apocalypse Month   

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which VN do you want to read this month?

• Daibanchou
    • Ever 17
    • Kikokugai
    • Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
    • Swan Song

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm gonna pay attention to how many of the 11 people who voted for Duck Lullaby actually post in this thread

Prepare to be disappointed.

I actually took a little head start with Swan Song since it seemed like it would win, and began reading it yesterday.

And also finished it yesterday...

It's really compelling, but that's all I'm going to say at this point. 

Sounds like excellent news to me. Short but deep I think is ideal for this style of discussion.

Well,its gonna get harder,so brace yourself)only one book stood as solid as this VN in its pacing  and narrative element for me("All Quiet on the Western Front"  from Erich Maria Remarque).Its shows some very hard scenes without hiding anything,and its definetely a plus at my opinion.

ooh,that explains a lot.You know,when i read vn i thought-"guy,it written so good that i can easily imagine a it as a book",also not using characters sprites is something new to me,but it styled well in this one.I understood that there is no character sprites in entire game only then i saw  a similair tag on vndb)

If i sometimes will make my own VN,it will be in this style,cuz its easy at drawing)

it was based on the idea of a post apocalyptic world and how people behave in that situation, maybe "based" wanst the right word but I guess you did understand what I tried to say and you are even giving me proof that the novel was influenced or inspired at least by that plot, spiritual successor? (like many games this days tend to use)

Call it the way you want, but without that book probably we wouldnt have the visual novel.

I agreed with Scorp,but you know-book that was a predecessor to some piece of media very often gives only overall idea and behavior of characters.As example take shingeki no kyojin that was inspired by muv-luv series,that was inspired by evangelion(i can prove that) and "Crabs On The Island" written novel by Anatoly Dneprov,while evangelion was based on  Mazinger Z and Macross,that based on...You understood that i wanna say.

Basically,every story was told anywhere,all we are experiencing is its new interpretation,what can be made with such a good quality to leave its mark in history.

Moreover, Deep Blue, there is a Stephen King novel The Stand. Read the plot summary :) In your terms Swan Song could be also be based on that novel.

I agreed with Scorp,but you know-book that was a predecessor to some piece of media very often gives only overall idea and behavior of characters.As example take shingeki no kyojin that was inspired by muv-luv series,that was inspired by evangelion(i can prove that) and "Crabs On The Island" written novel by Anatoly Dneprov,while evangelion was based on  Mazinger Z and Macross,that based on...You understood that i wanna say.

Basically,every story was told anywhere,all we are experiencing is its new interpretation,what can be made with such a good quality to leave its mark in history.

dont know where especially(if i recall corretly it was on this forum),but ive seen that autor and writer of mla story said that he was very inspired bu this novel.Crabs here-mechanical and can create themself from scrap,and young guys(almost teenagers) are opposing them.this happens to be one of the most inspiring tune for it-childrens what are forced to battle with overwhelming non-human opponent.

Really confused about one scene... hoping someone can explain

2-6 Right after Takuma saves the girl. The last two lines are-

"There are so many annoying things. I don't get it"
"They did something good, so why is nobody praising them?"

Is that just poor narration talking about how they saved the girl, or is it Takuma thinking about the guys who just raped the girl?