What manga are you currently reading?

Snowtsuku

Last one I read was High School of the Dead. I have a morbid curiosity for zombie apocalypse scenarios, not so much that I actively seek them out, but I investigate them if I see them. I found out that not only was it on what I assume was an extended hiatus since 2013, but the author actually died in 2017, and I've seen nothing from the manga since.

• 1 month later...

Read 29 to JK, and let's just say that there's no much romance because the manga itself is more on how the MC did fight the injustice inside car sales company, or rather it's more like the manga about office politic while the romance plot was mostly side plot just like any older shounen manga. Granted that it might be the advantage for the reader who didn't like the romance between 29 years old people and the high school girl, although it raise another question on why the author set it up with the title and premise in the first place. Then again, perhaps the author here didn't really like on how he was told to write big age gap romance by his editor, as shown on how the MC got closer to female high schooler was forced by his boss after the MC reject her advance, and it's not really helped that said high school student turned out to be the granddaughter of the MC's boss with said grandfather order the MC to get close to his granddaughter (It's the most forced development that I'd read as of now).

PS - I know that there's light novel of it, so maybe the romance development would be more prominent there seeing that the novel is still ongoing.

Edit - I know that the author here did use same formula back at Oreshura in that the MC was also forced to have relationship with the girl (Or rather being blackmailed), but at least I know that it didn't have third party for that to be happen.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Vagabond by Takehito Inoue -  a Samurai (a genre I love, thanks to Kurosawa) manga about the swordsman Miyomito Musashi (a real life historical character), in fact, I accidentally happened to read Miyomito's strategic book (like sun tzu types) The Book of Five Ringsand I'm just loving the experience.

Gangsta by Koshke. As the name suggests, it is an urban crime and mafia drama that digs deep and runs layered,

I often get back to rereading those Manga where I started. I developed interest in classical literature of Shakespeare's through Manga. I'm reading the Emma Vieceli and Richard Appignanesi version of Hamlet manga. One of those plays that I loved and keep applying in daily life, the concept of honor and revenge.

My Hero Academia by Horikoshi. An excellent super hero Manga series.

• 1 month later...

As always, feel free to talk about any manga, comics, etc you have been recently reading.

Toriko- I'm past chapter 70. I've heard it gets really good around now, so far the manga has been alright.

My Hero Academia here- I'm all caught up. It's worth checking out but I don't care for the pop teen idol stuff at all. It's at least worth a shot and has some great recurring heroes.

Samurai 8- early on but so far I'm not a fan of the protagonist.

Blue Exorcist-all caught up. Honestly, some of the characters have regressed and the series has turned into a big disappointment.

Jujutsu Kaisen- I'm caught up. Decent series. The powers and explanations are a bit confusing. Doesn't help, i had to read a bunch of non official chapter translations to catch up since Viz is missing a bunch of chapters.

Chainsaw Man-this has been crazy lately. Series is a must checkout imo.

Tokyo Shinobi Squad-great start.

Edited by rayyanwatts

• 4 months later...