What manga are you currently reading?

Snowtsuku

if you are a male, and looking for some good comedy check out kangoku gakuen . It's about 5 males that are the first and only ones accepted into a previously all female academy. They're also pretty much all pervets so far but the jokes and reactions they have are golden. (and they are actual, funny perverts not complete chicken ones like the protag from highschool dxd) only on chapter 4 rn but will update

So after purchasing all the volumes of Sankarea, and completely devouring them in days, I've finally started to read Deadman Wonderland. I could only afford the first three volumes for now unfortunately and I've already finished them. :vinty:

But it's my fourth year anniversary being with my significant other on the 25th of this month, and she's getting me three more volumes as part of my present! :miyako:

I have to say, I don't own much manga at the moment, I only have the first Dragon Ball manga boxset that I purchased years ago (extremely gutted that I can't get the Dragon Ball Z boxset anymore to finish that collection) and all the volumes of Ouran High School Club, and several volumes of Blue Exorcist, and of course most recently all the volumes of Sankarea. Deadman Wonderland's volumes are by far the most high-quality looking manga I own currently. The books look really well-made and the first couple of pages are in full-colour, I don't have any manga with colour pages currently, so it was a pleasant surprise for myself. ^_^

Also still slowly reading Prison School, but I don't really enjoy reading manga online, I have to have the actual books to enjoy them if I'm honest. Well, my current manga reading goal is to complete my Deadman Wonderland collection and finish them all, and then I'll move back on to Blue Exorcist to catch up where they're at in the official English translations.

At Nosebleed's recommendation, I finally read 'Nineteen, Twenty-One'. Didn't expect it to be quite so nyantastic.

Okay, in all seriousness, I wasn't expecting it to be mainly a story about cats. Sure, it had pretty imagery, sure, it had many other themes, but I don't care about any of that, I only wanted romance and the dosage I got was lighter than I had predicted.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've picked ReLIFE back up after having it on hold for some time. Oh man, if I had known the feels I was in for in the later chapters, I wouldn't have put it down as soon as I did. The character development is fantastic.

Kaizaki's trolling is pretty damn good too. :wahaha:

JOPfyg7.png

There's a couple more pages in between, but I'm only using these 2.

li27jqF.png

So I marathoned Nisekoi. Yes I know there's a thread for it by itself but this seemed more appropriate here since everyone on that thread seems to hate it now.  I rarely read manga these days but I fell for this series from the TV anime series. It killed me that I couldn't see how the story went yet I absolutely refused to start reading the manga before it was finished. I kept hoping for news of a 3rd season or more that would end concurrently with the manga (like they did with FMAB) but alas that didn't happen so reading the manga was the obvious choice once it was completed. It took me almost 2 and a half days to read through it all from start to finish (with other regular daily commitments) which is the longest stretch I've ever marathoned a manga ever. It was 95% as I predicted it would be but by the same token it was thoroughly enjoyable at all times in its execution of said predictable plot and I couldn't stop grinning like a fool half the time. I'm so glad I didn't start reading before it was finished as the suspense would have killed me. It reminded me an awful lot of the first time I read Love Hina and it was very obvious it was paying homage to it in many ways. For those purists who always complain about the anime, I still think season 1 is an exceptional rendition of what's in the manga and even though season 2 just picked and chose from the chapters that had already been written so far rather than try to stick linearly to the plot, each of those anime episodes were also excellent renditions of the chapters as they are in the manga and their selection of chapters to use worked in animated form IMO. Even though I know all the story now, if a final/next season was to be animated, I would religiously watch it and likely enjoy it more than almost all other new anime coming out if it's done with the same production qualities and cast. Knowing the on-screen version and voice actors before the manga helped flesh out the characters in my head as I read the manga version, giving them voice and more motion in my head. I also feel a sense of relief knowing no one can spoil it for me. That may have been my greatest motivator in reading it.

What do you use to read manga on your PC?
I have used CDisplay for years but it is starting to get annoying that it reads alphabetically and not numerically.
IE, if something is numbered 1,2,,3,10,20,30 it reads 1,10,2,20,3,30. and not 1,2,3,10,20,30.
So everything i read has to be numbered 01,02,03,10,20,30/

• 1 month later...

Read Shokugeki no Souma and watching the anime at the same time, let's just said that I'm quite interested of the possibility that Moon Viewing Festival arc afterward will be animted or not. Personally I wish it will be animated, considering that I kind of looking forward of how Erina know about Soma family in the anime. Well, looks like I'll just waiting again here if you ask me to continuing reading seeing that this is one of ongoing manga there.

I've dropped Buddha, mostly because I just can't stand the disneyesque art+random jokes+fourth wall-breaks in an otherwise super-moral and epic plot. Also, I just know it's never going to become as deep as I want it to be. I just get the feeling Tezuka only understands Buddhism on a surface level and will just keep the story revolving around ethics and the cycle of life. I might try reading Phoenix some day, but right now I'm not really interested in any of Tezuka's other work anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've gotten' myself a laptop now, I think I'll be able to find it more enjoyable in reading manga online. So I'm planning on continuing reading Prison School and Tokyo Ghoul: RE.

I'm trying to build up my physical manga collection up, but I really need to focus on sorting out on redecorating my room first. I'm getting the remaining volumes of Deadman Wonderland this Christmas, so I'm looking forward in continuing the story then.

Cooking Master Boy, because since I'd take interest to Shokugeki no Souma recently and I remember that I watched this anime adaptation at around 2006 iirc. Note that I mentioned manga here because while the anime itself was good adaptation, it lack the conclusion for the current arc while the manga managed to finished that (The manga was still unfinished while it was adapted).

It should be obvious what manga that I read was about, but it was only on Chinese cuisine because the setting was in China at 1800s. As Souma teach us, here we also had the protagonist (Mao) learn of how to cook delicious food before he finally became the Special chef (Just think Elite 10 in Souma for analogy, only that in each province at China had one). Mao was got that rank quickly though, and most of the manga was spent on his journey as Special chef against Underground Cooking Society (Think Black Organization in Conan for analogy) who want to using food for evil (Also to take over China). Oh, and of course Mao got more friends and acquintances who will help him to get through the journey there. Other than evil cooking society, we also had something called Legendary Cookingware, which I admit it was kind over the top. I think that's all I could said, and like back at Shokugeki no Souma you could drolling seeing the food.

Edited by littleshogun

• 5 weeks later...

Reading through Sweet Magic Syndrome, which may or may not be consuming large amounts of my free time right now. It's just... so cute. 

As an aside, I'm finding this way more enjoyable than watching an anime. I have difficulties staying in one place for any discernible amount of time without needing to move about, so anime are sometimes a bit of a pain; this however, I can blast through a chapter, have a wander/make tea/awkwardly shuffle about, and then return as I see fit. It's great \ :sacchan: /

Currently reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run, mainly because it's a different universe so I won't spoil anything to come for the inevitable anime adaptations of Part 5 and 6, it's a step to checking out the latest series and the idea of a wild west manga was interesting. Enjoying it so far, especially the funny music tribute names of Stands and people and am about half way through now. I think that may be the first time I've seen killer balloon animals :michiru: