What manga are you currently reading?

Snowtsuku

Went ahead and started Girl Friends because Kiriririri kept on pushing it on me, and read it all in like a day or two.

No regrets.

It was one of the most beautiful yuri stories I've ever read. Thank you Kiri-senpai :kosame:

Going to be starting the Sankarea manga next, as I watched the anime and I hate cliffhangers. I've heard the ending will destroy you emotionally, so this should be interesting :wahaha:

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Went ahead and started Girl Friends because Kiriririri kept on pushing it on me, and read it all in like a day or two.

No regrets.

It was one of the most beautiful yuri stories I've ever read. Thank you Kiri-senpai :kosame:

If you liked Girl Friends, I recommend reading Citrus.

Here's some few other yuri manga I thoroughly enjoyed if you're interested:

• Majo to Houki to Kurobichi Megane (Fucking Hilarious, the yuri is off the charts; imagine those yuri subtext series, except in this one it all comes true!)
  • Blue Friend (really dramatic/sad but quite memorable)
  • Chouchou Nannan (and any manga written by Takemiya Jin really)
  • Gokujou Drops (more comedic, has some ecchi on the side)
  • Shimaism (This one is kinda weird, but pretty funny)

There's plenty of short stories and one-shots out there too if you just know where to look.

• 2 weeks later...

Randomly started on Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu and without a doubt, it is the only manga that is completely and utterly unpredictable.... in bad ways (or good?).

It'll be amazing if there's other mangas that can turn from a survival edgy massacre to reverse rape imprisonment with beauties to ageless villagers with raping and sex trafficking+substituting humans as bodies to Gods and Goddesses with more sex and then all of those end up with aliens. Oh God what did I just typed.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, to be honest I'd rarely read manga, but may I join this? Anyway, I just want to write my impression about Alice Academy. My suggestion would be you better just read the manga instead of watch the anime. The reason was the manga wrap the overall story nicely (Although if some people dislike it is another matter here), while the anime was mess because it left hanging some major point that manga solve. I couldn't write the comparison since it will full of spoiler, and let me emphasis once again that you better read the manga if you want to enjoy Alice Academy.

Edited by littleshogun

Because I've been salty over it, I'll recommend a manga I've been following called Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai

Basic outline of the plot if you can't be convinced yet:

Main guy likes main girl (and vice versa) but main guy thinks main girl is actually a guy since she always dresses up with guy clothes.
This all leads to further crazy misunderstandings between the two and other characters and it turns into the biggest clusterfuck of misunderstandings you could think of.
Even when there's a full blown serious confession scene, there's always some crazy misunderstanding behind it.
I won't specify anything because you need to read it to believe it.

It's both a hilarious and the most frustrating romcom ever, and I just can't stop reading because I need to know how it all ends.
I also recommend it for the shits and giggles, because the facial expressions this author draws are priceless.

Read the new Boruto manga today. Most likely it was released a while ago in Japanese. Not much to say. But the roles are switched now. I also read the One Piece and To aru kagaku no Railgun manga. Seriously I want a season 3 of Railgun. They got material now.

Decided to check out the Manga adaptation of Re Zero to see the difference between that and the anime adaptation. Although it has a nice art, the manga is probably one of the worst paced adaptation of an LN I've ever read. A first chapter that literally adapts an entire volume which the anime took a 3 (4 if counting the first long episode as 2 separate ones) to adapt. I'm speechless. Even though the art is on a higher level of standard compared to the average LN's Manga adaptation and coupled with it's brutal gore and non-censorship, the pacing level fails at an unprecedented level.

It's more ridiculous that the second book is stretched above 4 chapters..... though I won't finish the second book's arc through the manga but from the anime instead.

7 hours ago, Jibril said:

Decided to check out the Manga adaptation of Re Zero to see the difference between that and the anime adaptation. Although it has a nice art, the manga is probably one of the worst paced adaptation of an LN I've ever read. A first chapter that literally adapts an entire volume which the anime took a 3 (4 if counting the first long episode as 2 separate ones) to adapt. I'm speechless. Even though the art is on a higher level of standard compared to the average LN's Manga adaptation and coupled with it's brutal gore and non-censorship, the pacing level fails at an unprecedented level.

It's more ridiculous that the second book is stretched above 4 chapters..... though I won't finish the second book's arc through the manga but from the anime instead.

You're reading Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen. The first book is adapted in Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen.

8 minutes ago, Riku said:

You're reading Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen. The first book is adapted in Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen.

What's funny is I was about to delete my post after I double checked it. I had an inkling that something was off, especially considering the LN is already popular in Japan at the time of the Manga release. "Maybe it's one of those types where the adaptation isn't listed as a single series?" is what I thought and wow I was right. I didn't considered it first since it would be such an awkward format but looks like I still need to learn behind Japan's weird publishing system....

....even weirder that the third "sequel" is already releasing and it's on a different serialization than the second. The only case I've seen with this weird format is Minami-ke's anime adaptations that jumps on different studios each season....

Oh well at least that puts my faith back in LN's manga adaptation.

• 5 weeks later...

Reading Citrus.

Bought these thanks to Nosebleed, and guh... I'm loving it :wafuu: Such a shame it's only 4 volumes at the moment. (I swear, if nr.4 ends on a massive cliffhanger, I will cry.)

It really does feel like the love child of Strawberry Panic and Girl Friends. You have that cute, funny and light atmosphere from Girl Friends, mixed with dramatic elements, similar to those from Strawberry Panic.

Mei is like, Shizuma's evil twin. Well, her personality at least. 

Yuzu is absolutely hilarious. Really similar to Akko from Girl Friends.

The art is amazing. (Mei is so hawt :pyaa: )

So yeah, I love it. Haven't finished it yet, though I read vol. 1-2 in like, an hour so ... Gotta try to savor the remaining 2 volumes :sacchan:

(All hail yuri!)

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Reading Citrus.

Bought these thanks to Nosebleed, and guh... I'm loving it :wafuu: Such a shame it's only 4 volumes at the moment. (I swear, if nr.4 ends on a massive cliffhanger, I will cry.)

It really does feel like the love child of Strawberry Panic and Girl Friends. You have that cute, funny and light atmosphere from Girl Friends, mixed with dramatic elements, similar to those from Strawberry Panic.

Mei is like, Shizuma's evil twin. Well, her personality at least. 

Yuzu is absolutely hilarious. Really similar to Akko from Girl Friends.

The art is amazing. (Mei is so hawt :pyaa: )

So yeah, I love it. Haven't finished it yet, though I read vol. 1-2 in like, an hour so ... Gotta try to savor the remaining 2 volumes :sacchan:

(All hail yuri!)

I thought you had already read Citrus when I suggested you buy the volumes. :P
I don't usually buy manga without knowing for sure I will like them. I had already read Citrus online and decided to buy the volumes to support the author because it's just a beautiful series.

Another manga I'm thinking of buying when it comes out in 2017, and that I might as well suggest you read it, is "Bloom Into You". I'm still a bit iffy about the plot, but it's definitely a series that manages to grasp your heart.

However, I am prioritizing Hana and Hina After School as my first 2017 purchase. That manga is just too darn good not to be bought.
And if you haven't read it... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

52 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I thought you had already read Citrus when I suggested you buy the volumes. :P
I don't usually buy manga without knowing for sure I will like them. I had already read Citrus online and decided to buy the volumes to support the author because it's just a beautiful series.

Another manga I'm thinking of buying when it comes out in 2017, and that I might as well suggest you read it, is "Bloom Into You". I'm still a bit iffy about the plot, but it's definitely a series that manages to grasp your heart.

However, I am prioritizing Hana and Hina After School as my first 2017 purchase. That manga is just too darn good not to be bought.
And if you haven't read it... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.

Meh, it's yuri and it seemed like it was very well recieved.

Although it's going to make me sound quite shallow, the fact that it's yuri and seemingly good is enough for me to buy it.

It was the same with Girl Friends actually. I had no idea what it was about, but several people recommended it to me, and I decided to just buy it.

Manga isn't that expensive, and like you said, it does support the creator so.

In general though, I tend to do this with both manga, Light novels, anime and VNs actually.

(I have like 20 Mangagamer titles on my computer I have not yet started :sacchan: ) I of course do some research about it before I buy it, (unless it's yuri :makina: ) but yeah.

I have not yet bought something like this that I ended up regretting actually.

Alright, finished Citrus. I loved it. Nuff said :sacchan:

Chapter 4 had a really satisfying ending, so waiting for the next volume wont be that bad. So much yuri stuff to look forward to now, both on the manga and VN front.

Anyways, guess I should move over to Hana to Hina wa Houkago now, because I have not read it and I don't want to be banned by Nosebleed for being a scrub :michiru:

Pls no bully Nosebleed-sama.

I bought the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul since one of my friends is a huge fan and kept recommending it. The anime kept in line up to this point so I don't have any outstanding opinion of the manga. However, the anime did get shit and the manga supposedly does the opposite, something to look forward to. 

On other notes, I am desperately waiting for Akame ga Kill to be finished with. I just wish to mark it "completed" on MAL and be done with it. No new chapters of Minamoto-kun in months is disappointing, along with the slow release schedule of the other four publishing manga I read :amane: Though I am getting the TL's for free so not much room to complain, and I should hurry up with my Japanese so I no longer need the English TL's in the first place.