What manga are you currently reading?

Snowtsuku

Marathon through Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata in time for the final chapter to be scanlated. Damn, now that's an underrated gem right there. Amazing art, great characters, well executed story. The only peeve I had is the somewhat rushed ending, but it still ties up all the loose ends nicely.

....Moreover its a 31 chapter monthly manga! God some studio please make an anime out of this... perfect for a one-cour show...

Trying to catch up to Magi (at ch. 73 atm) and finishing Countrouble (at ch. 14 atm. stuck there for 2 weeks). 

On 1/13/2016 at 9:26 AM, Jibril said:

Marathon through Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata in time for the final chapter to be scanlated. Damn, now that's an underrated gem right there. Amazing art, great characters, well executed story. The only peeve I had is the somewhat rushed ending, but it still ties up all the loose ends nicely.

....Moreover its a 31 chapter monthly manga! God some studio please make an anime out of this... perfect for a one-cour show...

I'm at ch 23 and I agree that it's a gem. Would totally watch an anime adaptation npnp.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.01.2016 at 3:53 PM, Abyssal Monkey said:

UQ Holder:

GGGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL...???

Damnit I don't know what to do about this chapter! Trollmaster Akamatsu strikes at the heart of a ship in this week's chapter. 

Lol I still don't understand whats happened in that chapter.

I love your grandfather but here let me give you a loving kiss

someone explain that to me...

Started reading Prunus Girl.

I think this is the first legit gender bender yaoi manga I've invested myself in. I really reallyyyy hope it has a satisfying ending.

So far it's pretty romcom-like so I really enjoy that. Aikawa is an adorable trap too.

If he turns out to actually be a girl though I'm throwing this manga in the trash. It's scary because neither MAL nor manga updates list it as yaoi...

12 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Started reading Prunus Girl.

I think this is the first legit gender bender yaoi manga I've invested myself in. I really reallyyyy hope it has a satisfying ending.

So far it's pretty romcom-like so I really enjoy that. Aikawa is an adorable trap too.

If he turns out to actually be a girl though I'm throwing this manga in the trash. It's scary because neither MAL nor manga updates list it as yaoi...

I finished it two days ago, contender for top 5 manga. I'm not going to spoil much but it is 100% worth finishing! Though the ending was kinda brief. Other than that, you shouldn't have anything to fear ~

4 minutes ago, LiquidShu said:

I finished it two days ago, contender for top 5 manga. I'm not going to spoil much but it is 100% worth finishing! Though the ending was kinda brief. Other than that, you shouldn't have anything to fear ~

That's very re-assuring. Currently I'm on chapter 10 and it's really really fun. It would be a shame if they ended it with "well actually I'm a girl" or an ending where they're not together after everything they've been through.

Well, that's just more motivation to keep reading.

My god Prunus Girl really was great. Seriously the ending was so perfect. I ended up putting it on my top 10 manga. For a gender bender manga, it managed to take itself seriously when it needed to but also kept the tone light by not having any big tragedies and just focusing on character interaction. Maki and Aikawa were perfect for each other right from the stat and their journey ery much reminded me of when I read Usotsuki Lily (which is a top tier gender bender manga I wholeheartedly recommend).

Immediately after finishing it I read a couple other similar (albeit shorter) gender bender manga.

One is called Himitsu no Akuma-Chan and it's about a trap succubus. It's kind of ecchi but the comedy really goes a long way. Also it doesn't kid around with the lovey dovey moments with kiss scenes being frequent, among other... scenes.

The other was Sazanami Cherry. This one is much more like Prunus Girl in terms of light heartedness. It's a very cute little romance with the only real downside being the fact that it's so short.

Sadly, there doesn't seem like there's a ton of manga that will go as far as Prunus Girl did, but I did manage to find 2 other to read next, one being Boy Skirt, which is currently being published and the other being a 1980's manga titled Stop Hibari-kun, which will probably be the oldest manga I ever read.

Read through half of the chapters of the Noblesse manhwa. So far I like it, but it is starting to get on my nerves. The human characters seem to only exist so the non-human characters have some reason to get out of the house and the "idol" REALLY pissed me off. Contributed jack shit and only served to bloat the already pointless non-human group. The first half is also quite formulaic, evil group captures humans so the non-humans have to save humans than the same thing happens over and over again.

If they add anymore characters instead of fleshing out their already massive cast, I'ma going to throw a hissy fit :saber:

4 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I've read a manga called Gunjou today, it was really good. I would recommend it to everyone, but at the same time I wished I never read it. Just fuck, I feel like it will be awhile before I'm happy again.

Clearly you have also been reading Murcielago.

Personally Yuusha ga Shinda has been entertaining me lately!

0bZhYm6.jpg?1

Kneesocks \ :mare: /

Well, thanks to my dear friend @mitchhamilton I'm reading a yuri manga, Gokujou drops. I like it so far. It's not very long so I got like, halfway in a single reading session. The art is nice, and .. Well, the story is just hot girls making out and doing it, so you can't really go wrong with that :makina:

All hail yuri! :miyako:

2 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

I'm reading Akame ga Kiru at the present moment

Pretty good, way better than the anime.

Really nice indeed

A nice change of pace after Denpa Kyoushi

When I saw what the anime did after episode 18, I wanted to shove forks in my eyes. Keep reading the manga, it only gets better.

My only gripe with it is the current pacing which seems sorta rushed. Nonetheless, it's no atrocity like the anime was.

2 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

When I saw what the anime did after episode 18, I wanted to shove forks in my eyes. Keep reading the manga, it only gets better.

My only gripe with it is the current pacing which seems sorta rushed. Nonetheless, it's no atrocity like the anime was.

Yeah, so I've heard

Who knows, maybe I'll join you to the work shoving after I'm done