1. 1. Characters

• Fal
    • Lise
    • Phorni
    • Torta
    • Ari
    • Ms. Cordell

This poll is closed to new votes

there's actually a ST cd i think is called rainbow, you can get it on media-fire

whose character's voice did you all liked the most, i could say phorni, but Lise gives me chills in my back, the good kind of chills

on a side note. The only thing i don't like about Symphonic Rain is the little screentime they gave to Lise, Fal has a lot and torta and phorni are the main routes, but Lise is ignored, i suppose there's more Lise to me this way though

there's actually a ST cd i think is called rainbow, you can get it on media-fire

whose character's voice did you all liked the most, i could say phorni, but Lise gives me chills in my back, the good kind of chills

on a side note. The only thing i don't like about Symphonic Rain is the little screentime they gave to Lise, Fal has a lot and torta and phorni are the main routes, but Lise is ignored, i suppose there's more Lise to me this way though

I agree Lise deserved a long route and with a better ending then one they gave.

her ending was pretty good, it's the best non-visualarts/key ending i have ever read

I just think the could had gone on and...

thrown her father ass in prison after what happened or at least had him killed off.

Other then that I was satisfied with it, it ended on a hopeful note.

I just think the could had gone on and...

thrown her father ass in prison after what happened or at least had him killed off.

Other then that I was satisfied with it, it ended on a hopeful note.

he's a aristocrat, that way is more realistic, and a duper duper strange fiction is not necessarily good fiction, after the ending i immediately thought, "you didn't take anything from them you old geezer, now go a rot alone with your high class brain-washing"

• 4 months later...

I did Fal's route first, you don't see her the same way you did once you finish her route. 

What a bitch ! How dare you use me !

The worse is you gotta accept it for the good ending !
Man ....

Lise route was okay 

With her completely crazy father

But the problem I had with SR is the none of the route had ANY link to the main story.

They felt like side dishes.

Plus the main plot was somewhat not so hard to figure out so I was really surprised by the twist 

I mean, take off torta's ribbon, it was pretty much ari.

Infinite plot possibilities there.

And who didn't think at least once that phorni was ari just from seeing her reactions

I won't stay I didn't like SR

Let's say i was a bit disappointed and expected a bit more.

Maybe making Fal and Lise have and impact in the main route and hiding the twist and bit better.

But still Good VN.

I did Fal's route first, you don't see her the same way you did once you finish her route. 

Man ....

Lise route was okay 

With her completely crazy father

But the problem I had with SR is the none of the route had ANY link to the main story.

They felt like side dishes.

Plus the main plot was somewhat not so hard to figure out so I was really surprised by the twist 

I mean, take off torta's ribbon, it was pretty much ari.

Infinite plot possibilities there.

And who didn't think at least once that phorni was ari just from seeing her reactions

I won't stay I didn't like SR

Let's say i was a bit disappointed and expected a bit more.

Maybe making Fal and Lise have and impact in the main route and hiding the twist and bit better.

But still Good VN.

Fal is pretty good even if i dislike her i like both her character and her route.

Lise is... well is hard to explain so i'll just say she should have more screen time. 

The twist in Torta's route was somewhat expected but there was no proof of it so it's still surprising.

Phorni was pretty obvious, but it was good regardless of that.

and there

is connection between routes, Torta had to explain both characters about Chris's problem, remember that scene where Torta talked to Lise and Lise in private? Plus there are a few other like that one. Also the rain, Lise accepted the umbrella and treated Chris normally (what a wonderful little gal)  and the reason why Fal was so interested in Chris and the meeting with the umbrella, etc.

I still haven't thought about why Fal treated Lise kindly though

by the way i don't know about italian but Falsita in spanish means "little fake (female)"

Yes I have to agree that Fal's route was pretty good in a way that it was intended this way.

I don't think they expected us no to feel a little anger in the end.

And you are right both Lise and Fal took Chris's problem into account, that was well done when I think about it.

But well I liked the CG's (expect those which were drawn from the side or with a weird angle, they were horrible)

And Phorni's too cute :3

I also appreciated the fact that the game wasn't long.

What I mean is when nothing important is going to happen for a week, well the game skips it.

No useless talk, i liked that.

• 3 months later...

Comment about Lise's route. I thought lise was really cute and I could see the plot twist coming. But there was somthing that I found not only ilogical, but also annoyed me.

1. I couldn't believe chris let her go to her father's alone after the concert, He should of known better. What a freaking idiot. if it were my friend or girlfriend, I would of gone with her for sure not matter what. 2. My 2nd point annoys me and pisses me off, but why didn't he ever get His Teacher or anybody else, and espcialy the police involved with Lise's abuse. I don't care of graves was nobility. If he made enough noice, he could of done somthing but he didn't even try. I mean, what's wrong with these people? Do they not prcess information normaly?

And for my 3rd comment, I didn't get a good ending for Lise's route. I even tried again using a walkthrough but it was still a sad ending no matter how you look at it. Disapointing.

After reflection, one more comment about lise's ending

Apperently what I thought was a bad ending is actuallu considered a good ending. Whats so good about being beat to a pulp by your father, loosing the ability to do the only thing you love and being hospitalized long term... Thats just a suck ass ending.

Comment about Lise's route. I thought lise was really cute and I could see the plot twist coming. But there was somthing that I found not only ilogical, but also annoyed me.

1. I couldn't believe chris let her go to her father's alone after the concert, He should of known better. What a freaking idiot. if it were my friend or girlfriend, I would of gone with her for sure not matter what.

With Chris being one of the most (if not THE most) genre-savvy protagonists in all VNs translated to date, you'd think he'd know better. It was so obvious something was coming.

1. I couldn't believe chris let her go to her father's alone after the concert, He should of known better. What a freaking idiot. if it were my friend or girlfriend, I would of gone with her for sure not matter what. 2. My 2nd point annoys me and pisses me off, but why didn't he ever get His Teacher or anybody else, and espcialy the police involved with Lise's abuse. I don't care of graves was nobility. If he made enough noice, he could of done somthing but he didn't even try. I mean, what's wrong with these people? Do they not prcess information normaly?

And for my 3rd comment, I didn't get a good ending for Lise's route. I even tried again using a walkthrough but it was still a sad ending no matter how you look at it. Disapointing.

After reflection, one more comment about lise's ending

Apperently what I thought was a bad ending is actuallu considered a good ending. Whats so good about being beat to a pulp by your father, loosing the ability to do the only thing you love and being hospitalized long term... Thats just a suck ass ending.

It was Lise's decision to go, She is to blame, not Chris. And I really mean it, Lise's my favorite waifu material in EVER and I still blame her for that.

He is nobility, nothing would happen even with a lot of noise. The world is moved by money, remember?

Apparently I got a different ending, I never did Lise's bad ending and never will, so I don't know if you're mistaking the good ending for the bad one. Also, that wasn't a bad ending, Lise loved to sing, but she also loved Chris (so cheesy I wanna disappear, but hell it's Lise we're talking about here), she was smiling at the end and would spend the rest of her life with Chris. That is a happy and beautiful ending.

Lise <3

Personally, I didn't find the Lise ending that depressing. After all, there's no true indication that

Lise won't be able to sing well again. Admittedly this kind of thing can cause serious damage to your vocal cords, but still. I wonder if the people thinking it's super depressing even read the epilogue...

I would choose Fal's route. I was so deluded with that twist.

But i have a confession.....

Please....

Don't be mad guys.....

I didn't like this VN much.......

[flies to the moon]

[...and play among the stars]

It's not really a problem, it's your opinion after all. Unless you don't think Lise's best girl.

I saw Fal's twist coming, and also Torta's and also Lise's, not to mention Phorni's... well... the routes are still good.

I just finished the whole visual novel and I did find it interesting and entertaining. I must of enjoyed it because I did finish it. But there are so many instances of characters defying logic for the sake of the plot and it drives me nuts. One thing I wondered from the very beginning is how come chris never once thought about going home for the weekend to visit his girlfriend. When I was in college, I was back home every weekend for my girlfriend or she came up there and it was a full day drive. But it never seemed to enter his mind. Of course if he would of made a suprise visit home, he would of found out what was really going on.

Torta/ AL fine route :

He sure was accepting of the fact that he had been deceived for the last 3 years. He didn't seem to mind how easy it was for Torta and his famil to decieve him. I felt for sure he would be more hurt when he found out everthing jhe thought he knew for the last 3 years was a lie.

Phornie's route

Once again, he had been decieved. Why didn't phornie just tell him who she was? Why try to change how he feels? Even though phornie was really ari, she seemed to be able to push him on other girls so easily. Ari seemed to have such an easy time deceiving chris and I found it distrubing

I guess overall, even though it was an interesting story, It just seemed like a lot of the characters lacked emotion at certain times. I don't know how to explain it. It just lacked somthing at times.

I just finished the whole visual novel and I did find it interesting and entertaining. I must of enjoyed it because I did finish it. But there are so many instances of characters defying logic for the sake of the plot and it drives me nuts. One thing I wondered from the very beginning is how come chris never once thought about going home for the weekend to visit his girlfriend. When I was in college, I was back home every weekend for my girlfriend or she came up there and it was a full day drive. But it never seemed to enter his mind. Of course if he would of made a suprise visit home, he would of found out what was really going on.

Torta/ AL fine route :

He sure was accepting of the fact that he had been deceived for the last 3 years. He didn't seem to mind how easy it was for Torta and his famil to decieve him. I felt for sure he would be more hurt when he found out everthing jhe thought he knew for the last 3 years was a lie.

Phornie's route

Once again, he had been decieved. Why didn't phornie just tell him who she was? Why try to change how he feels? Even though phornie was really ari, she seemed to be able to push him on other girls so easily. Ari seemed to have such an easy time deceiving chris and I found it distrubing

The first one is the real plot hole. Perhaps it could be explained with subconscious suggestion? He did have PTSD, after all (not only amnesia but the rain too). And when Torta showed up dressed as Ari once a year, he didn't find it suspicious since Torta had already gotten used to lying)

Al Fine and Phorni routes:

Phorni didn't tell him, because she didn't expect that it was possible she would ever leave coma and wished for his happiness (he wouldn't hook up with anyone else if he knew the truth. Well, Fal and Al Fine 2 are a different matter since the new relationships are already deep enough).

Torta didn't tell him because of her own feelings (which is kinda selfish yeah, but he forgives her) as well as not wanting to hurt him with the truth.

And another reason for both of them is that he'd most likely abandon his musical aspirations to go back to Ari.

It's easy to explain all my points away by saying she wanted him to be happy and and yada yada yada. but ...

Do you think you could live in the same room as the person your in love with for 3 years (as a fairy) and never slip up and let the cat our of the bag. Also, during the prior routes, she seem to know that she would be disappearing when he got involved with the other girls but she never seemed sad about it at all.

also, keep in mind that these are teenagers. In most matters,they even act like teenagers, but as in most visual novels, when it comes to love and self sacrifice for the sake of your partner's happiness, then all of a sudden they act like they're 60 years old. 

Anyway, it's just a story. When I read one of these, it sometimes leave feeling down for several days and I have to remind myself it's just a story. I'm not gona gripe about anymore. cya guys.

I liked Lise route the most, maybe it's my lolicon spirit shouting, but she's such a GOOD GIRL! I hnngg'ed so much playing her route! Her song is my favorite too!

She's the one who needed the MC the most, she was suffering so much on her father's hand (if you can call that a father), I cried of sadness when she wasn't able to sing anymore because of that jerk, and I cried of joy when she was doing her best to sing again

• 3 months later...

Do any of you.... have any idea.... how painful it is to finally get to "Al Fine", play through it, become overwhelmed with emotion and "feelz" as the kids say these days, desperately search for some kind of community with which to share said feelz..... finally find a forum and thread where people are talking about it... only to discover that Torta only has two lousy votes in this poll??  Well... three now that I'm here, but you know what I mean.

And not only does she have two (three) lousy votes, but nobody is even talking about her!!  It's all "Lise lolicon hnnnng!" and "OMG Phorni so kawaiii!~~ ^_^" and "Fal is a cold, heartless b-word and that's why I like her."  Give me a break.

I have to ask: why the lack of love for Torta?  Not only is she the most tragic figure in the story (by far), but she's the most likable and most interesting as well.  Her dialogue with Chris is extremely real and relatable, she's oozing personality, she's funny and smart, and to top it all off her story is so tragic that you simply have to love and cherish her.  And yet: Arietta has 4 votes.  Torta: 2.  My brain is about to explode.  Somebody please help me understand.

Will I magically stop caring about Torta once I complete Phorni's route?  I have yet to do it since I am allowing time for Torta's true ending to soak into my mind and heart.

-Arvis

Torta voter here. I think Torta might just be less of a standout as more of a subdued character; Fal is very divisive with the coldness (admittedly more or less as complicated as Torta, but still...) and Lise really plays to the cute factor. I think if you like Torta now, you'll continue to prefer her over any other character.

Man ....

Haha I had the same reaction in fact I immediately picked the 'bad end' (For me it was the good end) upon getting the last choices but unfortunately I had to do the other end to unlock the last route.