VN's that can teach you something

yvetox

Hello there,my Fuwa friends,and i wanna ask you to give me recomendation about vns,that can improve yourself as human being.Yup,its a hard to understand request,let me explain what i mean:
I want something that will help me change myself in one way or another-be it the recieving a new knowledge(such as new facts,or survival knowledge,or knowledge about some actions) or change in personality(change of moral principles,or opening yourself to a new unexpected emotions,or changes that make you appreciate every detail in your life).

Like i said in another post,i will explain what VNs i fir in this criteria:

I highly appreciate stories,that teach me something-be it new useful knowledge,moral principles or just plain opening of your own emotions to yourself.

With this regard I list:

1.MLA couse of its unbelievably good explaining of war horrors.Ive had some of childish prejudices,such as "war is fun",or ''in army you can disobey orders if you want"-that thing gonna beat out of you all that shitty stuff,and also help you to appreciate every moment of your peaceful life.

2.Swan song-best vn in terms of characters realism-clearly explaining you how people can fall,and why our society have rules and not anarchistic.

3.Katawa Shoujo-if you ever thought,that disabled people is not like you-that VN gonna kick your ass for that.Also one of the most exciting h-scenes in all VNs(just my opinion).

4.Grisaya no Kajutsu-especially Amane rout.YEAH BABY-what starts as nukige easily transforms into something amazing.You will appreciate a lot in your life)

5.Majikoi(sic!)-if you ever feel down-use this to enforce hapiness.While its being very,VERY unrealistic,its fun,heroines are gorgeous,and its very entertaining.I used it to alter MLA depression,so its pretty useful.Despite her unserious positioning,that VN teaches you to be more flexible in mind,be more intelligent and calculating.Awesome!

Honorable mention:Clannad-it make me CRY,dont know i can before completing it)all other games from KEY wasnt that influental in terms of emotions,but thats just because ive completed MLA-srsly,i cant cry after that thing.

Now,examples of VN's that ive found dumb in this way:

1.Fate stay night-in my opinion its great,but cannot teach you ANYTHING-the characters behavior is so unrealistic that i wanna cry at some moments.

2.Utawarerumono-its purely entertaining,cannot find anything useful in it at all.

3.Ayakoshibito-same as Utawarerumono,but im not completed it,just 6 hours of reading got muself this feeling of uselessness.

4.Rewrite(Lucia route)-well...f!#$ its bad.really bad.Anywhere.Pacing,character,behaviour,and final scene where main hero showed unexpected idiotism.Just say "I will love you forever"you moron,omg,my ass burned down while ive read it.Despite story of Lucia is quite awesome(and predictable in a way).

5.Grisaya no kajutsu(Sacher route)-its heartwarming and fluffy,but ive felt like i just spend 8 hours of my life on useless thing.

Hopefully you can get an image of what im looking for.I already waiting for subahibi translation,but will be very grateful if you suggest me something.YAAAY,hail to the god of suggestions.

UPDATED 02.09.15

I am really thankful to you all for your suggestions.I put up this recomendations to a list,so basically its a matter of time now to read all of it.Have my deepest and best wishes you all.

- suggest you try reading rasen kairou 2 from age, it helps cherishing ones current life, when beeing shown what might happen when things happen to you, or those close to you...& that in a non very fictional way...aside from the ending its overall message can be seen as kamisama gives a shit about humankind ergo hope is nothing but a manmade delusion.
- contrary to the former i personally found the message shown in harumade kururu quite cool, because its very positive & encouraging if you´re stuck in a hopeless situation, almost ready to give up.
- for Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi, yoa there´s definitely a positve message behind the novel/story, but better see for yourself & if you dont get it...then you MUST be a robot.

Soul Link comes to mind. That VN had so many bad endings, you have to carefully think of your choices in order to "survive" the brutality that's about to unfold.... in space!

Also Steins;Gate also comes to mind with many emphasis on future innovations like time travel and stuff. It has very creative/rich storytelling that gives you brand new perspectives on what could happen in real life future. 

https://vndb.org/v1715

accurate historical depiction of the "bakumatsu", if you want to learn some hiistory.

https://vndb.org/v9678

economy&politics, immigration, market amd such...

See for yourself, I won't spoil the main plot:

evTHRKb.jpgqGnzSLo.jpgRhfyVIW.jpgJO5KygE.jpg

https://vndb.org/v67

it shows how traumatic events can radically change people's behaviour

Subarashiki Hibi - Philosophy

Hiragumo-chan - History. It's mostly alternate history, but there is a True History route (though I personally have never gotten it since it's effectively a bad end - in fact, I believe about half the routes require you to manipulate history in such a way that it ends badly for the MC).

Devils Devel Concept (the nature of good and evil, impulses, and various other philosophical issues)

Konata yori Kanata Made  (dealing with certain death, inevitable parting)

Evolimit  (bravery, heroism, and the strengths and weaknesses of mankind under stress)

Kitto, Sumiwataru Asairo Yori mo  (the bonds between people, the pain they can cause, and the beauty that can be born from them)

Komorebi no Nostalgica (the nature of consciousness - self awareness - and questioning of human exceptionalism)

Semiramis no Tenbin (this one is good for breaking weaboo illusions and optimism about human nature)

I think some 07th expansion titles would be interesting for you, also since you don't seem to mind long stories.

Umineko - Many layers of philosophy, gives a lot food for thought.

RoseGunsDays - Takes a while to get into it, but it might do the same for you in the kind of way Swan Song did, except with a different topic.

Should I play Rewrite first or Princess Evangile?

Rewrite, in my opinion. It's got a strong sense of humor, interesting side stories, philosophical implications, and lengthy, well-differentiated routes. Princess Evangile isn't a bad story by any means, but aside from the good art, it's fairly mundane by comparison.

Try Ever17, there are many new things you can learn.

Sharin no Kuni might make you think about certain things.

Symphonic Rain might teach you a few things.

G Senjou no Maou is a great game and I am not sure whether it fits the criteria or not. It probably depends on what kind of person you are. It did change me somewhat.

Rewrite, in my opinion. It's got a strong sense of humor, interesting side stories, philosophical implications, and lengthy, well-differentiated routes. Princess Evangile isn't a bad story by any means, but aside from the good art, it's fairly mundane by comparison.

Ah okay thanks then for the information

Hello there,my Fuwa friends,and i wanna ask you to give me recomendation about vns,that can improve yourself as human being.Yup,its a hard to understand request,let me explain what i mean:

I want something that will help me change myself in one way or another-be it the recieving a new knowledge(such as new facts,or survival knowledge,or knowledge about some actions) or change in personality(change of moral principles,or opening yourself to a new unexpected emotions,or changes that make you appreciate every detail in your life).

Like i said in another post,i will explain what VNs i fir in this criteria:

Now,examples of VN's that ive found dumb in this way:

1.Fate stay night-in my opinion its great,but cannot teach you ANYTHING-the characters behavior is so unrealistic that i wanna cry at some moments.

2.Utawarerumono-its purely entertaining,cannot find anything useful in it at all.

3.Ayakoshibito-same as Utawarerumono,but im not completed it,just 6 hours of reading got muself this feeling of uselessness.

4.Rewrite(Lucia route)-well...f!#$ its bad.really bad.Anywhere.Pacing,character,behaviour,and final scene where main hero showed unexpected idiotism.Just say "I will love you forever"you moron,omg,my ass burned down while ive read it.Despite story of Lucia is quite awesome(and predictable in a way).

5.Grisaya no kajutsu(Sacher route)-its heartwarming and fluffy,but ive felt like i just spend 8 hours of my life on useless thing.

Hopefully you can get an image of what im looking for.I already waiting for subahibi translation,but will be very grateful if you suggest me something.YAAAY,hail to the god of suggestions.

You seem to want the VNs to directly point something out for you to learn it, which completely defeats the purpose of critical thinking.

Fate draws upon mythology, heavily, and while it does skew it a bit to fit the story, the backgrounds and relations to certain characters are quite accurate.

Ayakashibito to a lesser extent draws upon Shinto mythology, and a tad bit of Russian if I am remembering correctly.

I haven't read Utawarerumono, but I can see it also drawing upon Shinto mythology in places.

You say these VNs teach you nothing, but it seems to me that you don't look for things to learn.  More often than not, budget VNs will draw upon some source of inspiration and work that into them.  All of the ones that you have quoted basically directly reference and teach a certain facet of what they are referencing, rather than apply the rules and make you think about why they acted that way.

Rather than suggest a VN, I would tell you to go back and think about the ones you have already read if you wanted to learn something.