FuwaReview: Sakura Spirit Discussion

solidbatman

yhvxVj7l.jpg

Hey everyone. We're going to be trying out something new with FuwaReviews and make dedicated discussion threads on the forums to kickstart discussion on particular VNs that we are reviewing. It just so happens that my Sakura Spirit Review is first up for this. Give the review a look, and feel free to tell me how wrong I am and that I should retire and never look at anime boobs again, or tell me how right I am and that I am the VN savior, or tell me anything in between. You can use the FuwaReviews comments section or discuss it right here. So, go give it a read and lets talk oily boobs. 

Sakura Spirit Review

This is probably one of the better reviews I've seen of the game.  It actually tells you about the game rather than making stupid jokes or ranting about how the game is ruining the VN industry.  It judges the game objectively and acknowledges its strengths as well as its faults from the perspective of a VN fan who actually has a basis for comparison.

The one thing I think is missing is a commentary about other games someone who's interested in Sakura Spirit might want to look at (either in addition to or instead of this game).  Placing games in the context of their genre is an area where most reviews come up short.  That's the value a review can provide over a simple Let's Play video.

I personally tend not to notice small spelling errors, and small grammar errors typically go unnoticed by me.

That would explain why you misspelled "pseudo" as "psuedo".

This is probably one of the better reviews I've seen of the game.  It actually tells you about the game rather than making stupid jokes or ranting about how the game is ruining the VN industry.  It judges the game objectively and acknowledges its strengths as well as its faults from the perspective of a VN fan who actually has a basis for comparison.

The one thing I think is missing is a commentary about other games someone who's interested in Sakura Spirit might want to look at (either in addition to or instead of this game).  Placing games in the context of their genre is an area where most reviews come up short.  That's the value a review can provide over a simple Let's Play video.

That would explain why you misspelled "pseudo" as "psuedo".

I honestly haven't played enough smut to really suggest other things similar to this VN, but I'll do some extra research and expand my horizons a bit I suppose. 

And fixed the spelling error. Thanks for pointing it out. e before u except in "blue" is not a rhyme they really teach in school. 

Excellent review especially when compared to the so called steam reviews which make a complete mockery of the reviewing process. The one and basically only aspect of this series that is appealing is the art and you nailed all the many parts of the game that fail to succeed. As a business maneuver the game's are what nukige is to the Japanese except winged-cloud seems perfectly content to do nothing but these types of games rather than attempt to make a game with a good story. Either way well thought out review and I agree with everything but the score which I'd probably rate a 4 instead of a 5 because the conclusion of the game is so rushed and not exactly what I would consider average.

Excellent review especially when compared to the so called steam reviews which make a complete mockery of the reviewing process. The one and basically only aspect of this series that is appealing is the art and you nailed all the many parts of the game that fail to succeed. As a business maneuver the game's are what nukige is to the Japanese except winged-cloud seems perfectly content to do nothing but these types of games rather than attempt to make a game with a good story. Either way well thought out review and I agree with everything but the score which I'd probably rate a 4 instead of a 5 because the conclusion of the game is so rushed and not exactly what I would consider average.

I'm interested to see Winged Cloud put forth a serious effort for a VN. I know Pyrite Heart is out there, and I might give it a go to see how it compares in terms of writing style and substance. I've given up hope that they ever release Guardians Spell (which was Kickstarted), which might come back to bite Sekai Project in the ass for picking Winged Cloud up. 

I honestly haven't played enough smut to really suggest other things similar to this VN, but I'll do some extra research and expand my horizons a bit I suppose. 

Nekopara is the most obvious contender.  Littlewitch Romanesque also has a fanservicey bent to it.  Just because the games are good doesn't disqualify them from consideration here. :P  And then of course there's the rest of the Sakura series, some of which are rumored to be better than the original.

Nekopara is the most obvious contender.  Littlewitch Romanesque also has a fanservicey bent to it.  Just because the games are good doesn't disqualify them from consideration here.  :P  And then of course there's the rest of the Sakura series, some of which are rumored to better than the original.

Sources tell me we may hear about those games on FuwaReviews eventually.

Assuming said reviewer doesn't explode.  There's always the chance.