Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

Hooray! Wonderful
Having played Benkei's & Seiso's (more than once)routes, I can say that is true. Most of A is story focused regarding the heroine, haven't touched A-4 yet though.

I'm hoping with all this delay that A-5 is going to have some nice stories and animated scenes like Majikoi S... Speaking of which, where those subtitled also? I vaguely remember something to that affect, but I couldn't watch them or something...

I'm actually re-reading S right now, I'm right at the Bushido plan introduction....ahhh, so much fun. There hasn't been that many entertaining girls in some other VN's I've read lately...

4 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

I thought that S had a lesser budget than the original version but that wouldn't explain why they made A.

It was most likely really popular and they introduced many new girls that were also popular, thus giving birth to the whole A series. 

That would be my best guess.

I don't think I've been as excited about a specific route as much as I am about Benkei. Her and Yamato have such good chemistry that Miyako and Momoyo both view her as a threat early on for Yamato's affection and big sister status. I can't wait for more Lazy Club scene with Beardy as well. 

13 hours ago, Gizzie said:

It was most likely really popular and they introduced many new girls that were also popular, thus giving birth to the whole A series. 

That would be my best guess.

Makes sense. That would also explain why Benkei got an actual route in A as well as Azumi getting one as well.

12 hours ago, Decay said:

I don't know what the budget of S was compared to the original, but I always imagined it was actually quite a bit higher. The animated sequences are actually pretty decent and those cost a pretty penny to produce.

So does that mean that S had most of their money focused on their animations and the remaining amount was put on script-writing.

That could also explain why i haven't seen a movie mode in A either.

20 minutes ago, Decay said:

I'm actually kind of amazed that they chose for her to have a route in A-4. It seemed kind of... random? Did she win some kind of poll in Japan or something?

Maybe. I do remember there being some empty spaces in the A games, and that they promised they would do a route for whichever character won a popularity poll.

Just now, nazim10 said:

Well, it's half a surprise for me. They're giving routes te almost anyone (or anything, if we include Cookie), that I'm amazed they didn't think of doing a gay route...

Considering Vanilla had all main guy routes along with a getting pounded by a guy bad route... also thinking about sales... yeah..

Im honestly just hoping for more Kazuko. I read every route, but my bias says if I could give them away for more Kazuko, I would :D

Miyako's route left us on a cliffhanger, so I thought there should be a continuity there somewhere. I mean it would be great if we get a route when she's already an adult and came back from Germany a new woman. We get a preview of her adult-like charms in Azumi's route already, so there's plenty of material to work with. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, sdarkpaladin said:

I think what he meant was, what happened after Germany. What was the reactions they had when they see each other after so long. But personally i think it will just be H-scene after H-scene considering Miyako.

This is basically the same thought, I have in terms of what Minatosoft could come up with for Miyako. Although, there's not too much they can do in terms of the main initial heroines I guess? Who knows.

5 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

This is basically the same thought, I have in terms of what Minatosoft could come up with for Miyako. Although, there's not too much they can do in terms of the main initial heroines I guess? Who knows.

I agree here. They can't really do much with the Kazama Family heroines. The S after stories already depict what would most likely happen if they tried to continue on those heroines. And personally I think its more fun to read if Yamato is trying to conquer a woman than if he is already with her.

While I do agree with that, I'm still kinda curious. We know what heppened with Miyako and Wanko (married, and Wanko being succesful in her career), but what about the others? Did Momoyo setlle down from fighting too much? Did Chris return living in Germany with Yamato at some point? Did Yukie manage to expend her friend circle? I know, it's not necessary for us to know all that, but I'm a bit of a fan about epilogues XD

On 1/26/2016 at 7:01 PM, sdarkpaladin said:

I think what he meant was, what happened after Germany. What was the reactions they had when they see each other after so long. But personally i think it will just be H-scene after H-scene considering Miyako.

Hopefully this won't be the case with Margit's route in A-5. Speaking of which, there wasn't any news regarding A-5, were there? I vaguely recall some past page ago saying that some more info about it has come about. But all I saw was that they added a new CG of Yamato & Yoshitsune.