Jump to content

Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kawasumi said:

learn japanese in the time between new vns.

You get to experience a nearly endless source of Vns and you actually get to know a language that you most likely were interested in in the first place + if you just do it in between VNs its not even going to take away that spare time!

Yeah not to mention that to read VNs you dont need to know the entire language by heart. Getting to a comfortable VN reading level really wont take too long if you're motivated, especially for moege/ lighter titles.

 

Also, you can do like me and completely omit most kanji because furigana :makina:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Some Naoe pairings feel forced and have no compatibility like Margit, Rin, and Kokoro. Are these girls than Azumi in that regard who happens to understand Naoe the best because they worked and lived together the longest? @hydro

 

By circumstantial reasons I mean "personal preferences that have little to do with the character themselves". Sometimes I don't like a pairing because of the character (most tsunderes for example), sometimes I'm fine with the character but dislike the romance for other reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nazim10 said:

Well, of course, I can relate to that. But the "gamer" in me won't settle for an empty space in the CG menu. And I can't feel proud of having a full CG set without knowing the story...

I feel exactly the same. I just can't leave any routes out of a VN even if I don't like them. Need to aim for that 100% completion and that is another reason why I save the best route for last, so that it will motivate me to complete the other routes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to 100% all my VNs. But over time I've lost some of my tolerance for some things, and now pick and choose what to read. With Majikoi specifically I sometimes read part of a route. I love Majikoi's characters and universe, so I'll read part of a route for unique "neutral" content, and then sometimes stop when the romance starts up. I make sure not to miss out on any unique tournaments or fun things like that just because I don't like a pairing. Yamato x Miyako is the only true pairing (the whole 85% business only made their bond stronger), but I still finished most of the others anyway.

I also pick my (projected) fav route first. I take the "save the best for last" approach in several aspects of my life, such as when eating a meal. But with VNs I just lack the patience (plus there are some routes I'd rather not read at all).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NhKPaNdA said:

I feel exactly the same. I just can't leave any routes out of a VN even if I don't like them. Need to aim for that 100% completion and that is another reason why I save the best route for last, so that it will motivate me to complete the other routes.

I completely agree with you there. That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Saving my personal favourite for the last route to complete to help motivate me. ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to do my favorite first since I usually can't wait or that's the reason why I wanted to do it in the first place. However, I am pretty much the same as Nazim. I feel the need to do everything as a gamer and just as someone who simply has the curiosity I suppose. I'm very story driven, so VN wise, I need to know everything xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gizzie said:

Guys don't go too much off topic. It pains me to come here only to see the new messages to be about how you like to play your VN's :/

It's fine. It's marginally related to the game, and it's not like we post updates here anyway. All updates are posted on the website linked in the project thread. In retrospect, I should probably also update the project thread, but am so lazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

I tend to do my favorite first since I usually can't wait or that's the reason why I wanted to do it in the first place. However, I am pretty much the same as Nazim. I feel the need to do everything as a gamer and just as someone who simply has the curiosity I suppose. I'm very story driven, so VN wise, I need to know everything xD

I save my favorites for last or the "main/true" heroines. Because if I do my favorites first, I somewhat lose motivation playing the game again. I like having this long and constant "anticipation" (finally playing my favorite) of getting there but clearing the "obstacles" (my not so favorites) first. 

I felt this way when I played Majikoi S and saved Koyuki's route for the very last because it was the continuation of Agave route which is considered the True route of the original Majikoi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

I save my favorites for last or the "main/true" heroines. Because if I do my favorites first, I somewhat lose motivation playing the game again. I like having this long and constant "anticipation" (finally playing my favorite) of getting there but clearing the "obstacles" (my not so favorites) first. 

I kinda have to agree you there.

I have played Grisaia no Kajitsu 3 times now and i always played either Yumiko or Amane last :) The reason is that Yumiko is my favorite girl from the game and has the best route IMO (Amane's is close second) and i saved Amane for last because her ending is just so beautiful....

Spoiler

I shed my fair share of manly tears each time i finished the epilogue of her being sitting in the bus stop with her grandchild next to her and then peacefully dying after "being allowed to die" (the ones who played the VN will know what i mean). The final scene of her rising to heaven to see Yuuji who had already died few years back, while both of them looked like they did while they were still in school made me cry (i'm 20 FFS) :( I don't think there will ever be VN that will top this in my list.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

It's fine. It's marginally related to the game, and it's not like we post updates here anyway. All updates are posted on the website linked in the project thread. In retrospect, I should probably also update the project thread, but am so lazy.

Should be alright. Even though I go to the wordpress, I usually look at the project thread first for updates xD I assume others do too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

Should be alright. Even though I go to the wordpress, I usually look at the project thread first for updates xD I assume others do too.

Being the lazy idiot that i am, i usually just come here to see what people are talking about. If suddenly there are many "thank you"s i would guess that the patch is out. But until then, i usually just stalk around here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2016 at 3:13 AM, nazim10 said:

If I ever learnd anything from VN, it's that appearences might be decieving. No matter how a good a character is, thers's always the possibility that the studio miss things up (the way that the proud Margit was treated...)

Basically how Minato Soft treated all the after stories in S. I still haven't forgiven them for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, batto96 said:

i noticed that storyteller has disapear hopes he comes back soon. i wanted to know if dowolf has already started azumis route or if you at least have some of storyteller translation? thank for your hard work dont overwork yourselfs take your time

I believe they confirmed that if Azumi isn't finished (if Storyteller hasn't come back yet) by the time Seiso (A-2) is done, they'll go back to Azumi themselves. Let's all be patient :3

Also, got my Majikoi stuff from C89 <3 http://imgur.com/a/qLjtD

Lastly, sorry for offtopic, but this coincidence happened in an MMO: http://i.imgur.com/pFvBCvs.jpg xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Basically how Minato Soft treated all the after stories in S. I still haven't forgiven them for that.

I won't say that they were horrible, but they were handled badly in some cases. I mean, Miyako leaving the love of her life, and all they can think about is sex? Come on! The only thing that I enjoyed was Kazuko showing skills in other things than sports, and was really cute in glasses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nazim10 said:

I won't say that they were horrible, but they were handled badly in some cases. I mean, Miyako leaving the love of her life, and all they can think about is sex? Come on! The only thing that I enjoyed was Kazuko showing skills in other things than sports, and was really cute in glasses.

They butchered Momoyo's route pretty badly so I didn't really want to play the others if that was how everybody else was gonna be treated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, twdarkeh said:

While I can't speak for the others, S almost made me quit wanting to work on maji koi at all, because everything but Koyuki was trash.

To me, the best route of S is... the common route.

I enjoyed discovering Benkei, Yoshitsune and a bit of Seiso.

Kokoro, Margit and Tatsuko were nothing more than sex fanservice in my opinion.

The beginning of Tsubame route was cool, until the tournament.

Mon-sama's was well developed storywise, but I'm not too fond of lolis.

And finally, I was a bit disappointed in Koyuki's,

Spoiler

because of the lack of developpement in the Koyuki/Yamato relationship. The story in this route is pretty cool, but it's note really a route about Koyuki, or so I think.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twdarkeh said:

Well, wairu did common, kokoro, margit, tsubame, monshiro, iyo, and kosugi; all we did was QC them, and even that was somewhat annoying. I was specifically referring to the ones we did from scratch.

I can't even imagine how agonizing it was. I agree with the masses in which S was really .___. I have high hopes that the A series aren't the same way. Considering Sayaka's route, it is enough to keep my hopes up.

-- I was really looking forward to Koyuki's route. I liked it, but it still was not what I had expected. Definitely could've done WAY more to it ._. I was hoping Koyuki was the one during Agave After, personally speaking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

While I can't speak for the others, S almost made me quit wanting to work on maji koi at all, because everything but Koyuki was trash.

Yeah I'm just finishing up S now (just have Koyuki to do) and damn, was it disappointing. Only routes I've legitimately enjoyed were Monshiro's (though the ending was hella anti-climatic) and ~half of Tsubame's.

Really hoping A is more like the original as far as storylines go. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baseball3b said:

Yeah I'm just finishing up S now (just have Koyuki to do) and damn, was it disappointing. Only routes I've legitimately enjoyed were Monshiro's (though the ending was hella anti-climatic) and ~half of Tsubame's.

Really hoping A is more like the original as far as storylines go. 

 

I can't wait to read more Monshiro also. I'm not a fan of lolis, but I did like Monshiro. 

After reading Sayaka's, I'd say your hopes won't be destroyed! or you can just read Sayaka's first before further thoughts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...