Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

Even that's too old for you Inoue? wow.
I don't know what it was about or that it mentioned anything Majikoi-esque besides the probably A-Series things and bonuses. IIRC, a few months ago Minatosoft was going thru their 10th Anniversary with Momoyo, Tsubame, & Shinra and co in the anniversary unis...I still never managed to get any merchandise from that, I'm so irritated by that!!

All the skits in A2 are compiled in a single file, and it's fairly small -- only about 7kB long. To put this in perspective, the longest day in A2 (which is technically broken up into a couple scripts, but that's not too important) is a little under 70kB long, and the entire game is just under 1MB

Edited by dowolf

4 hours ago, dowolf said:

All the skits in A2 are compiled in a single file, and it's fairly small -- only about 7kB long. To put this in perspective, the longest day in A2 (which is technically broken up into a couple scripts, but that's not too important) is a little under 70kB long, and the entire game is just under 1MB

Oh wow, a single file? That was unexpected, cool. and under 1MB of only text right? What was the size for A-1?

53 minutes ago, Mahesvara said:

Hey guys, I need some help. The game keeps crashing on me when it switches to the outside of the Kuki HQ for the first time in Seiso's route. Has this happened to anyone else?

it's when Zhui appears, so it could be a uncommon error with that, never personally managed to run into it, but outside of japanese system locale, all I can recommend is to run StartUpTool.exe, then change directX to the しない option (seen in screenshot below) and hit the button with (S) on it, might work.

taaRl.png

25 minutes ago, MFrost said:

I wonder, if you have the A Package, does it just show all the girl's routes at once instead of the 3/2 at a time at the menu screen?

Not really.

From what I was told, when you install the game, it will show you the menu for all of the A series titles from A-1 to A-5. The layout is similar to the installer menu for Majikoi.

At the menu, you get to choose which title you want to play and it'll load up like a standalone game. E.g. if you pick A-1 from the menu then it'll load like how A-1 usually did by itself.

EDIT: In other words, it's not a compilation of all of the A-titles mashed together into one game.

Edited by jetpack003

13 hours ago, jetpack003 said:

Not really.

From what I was told, when you install the game, it will show you the menu for all of the A series titles from A-1 to A-5. The layout is similar to the installer menu for Majikoi.

At the menu, you get to choose which title you want to play and it'll load up like a standalone game. E.g. if you pick A-1 from the menu then it'll load like how A-1 usually did by itself.

EDIT: In other words, it's not a compilation of all of the A-titles mashed together into one game.

If that is the case, depending on how the files are located, there is a chance that the translation patch can work with the compilation, right? I might just be talking out of my ass here.

1 hour ago, sdarkpaladin said:

If that is the case, depending on how the files are located, there is a chance that the translation patch can work with the compilation, right? I might just be talking out of my ass here.

the way it retrieves files makes it impossible to do update2 and update3, as each update would have to contain (update1, update2 etc.) the entirety of the UI/images/translation for each individual game, which from me testin', will just cause them to repeatedly crash.

On 1/9/2017 at 5:44 PM, jetpack003 said:

Not really.

hmmmm...that's too bad, I think it'd be neat to show all the heroines together there. But for those with a small screen, it might have been a hassle, so I get why.

Majikoi Haul....I have an issue :vinty:-

Spoiler

omz39dv.jpg?1

dUpnZza.jpg

tVXV1pi.jpg

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't one for 2017
3eFH577.jpg

These are some posters. I only want to keep Seiso, Haou, Lee, & Rinchuu. I already had Benkei from beforehand. They are 10" wide by 29" tall
05NPvRO.jpg

These below are For Sale - Send me any offer for them, as I'll probably take it as long as it's sensible - I ended up with a bunch of extras

Majikoi Button-Up with silhouette of Mon-Sama. Came with the A Package set I bought off auction surprisingly.
7z6hcGL.jpg
FSJ8IH3.jpg

V0aABfV.jpg?1
DIF8krT.jpg

23 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

Likely never.

Shhhh, don't go killing my dreams. I need all the hope I can get with the new semester and MCAT coming up. 

2 hours ago, MFrost said:

I'm still going to call Seiso's alter-ego Haou. I don't know where it came from, but I'm sticking to it. But yep, she's great. I have an extra one of the "100,000 downloads" picture boards if you're interested in that though

Lol that actually has a pretty good ring to it, might have to adopt that. I've never been one for physical goods, but it looks like there's an exception for everything. I'm most definitely interested, that'd be great!

Edit: I haven't gotten around to playing the Cookie route in A-2 yet, what'd you guys think of it? 

Edited by Baseball3b
words