Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

1 minute ago, Jun Inoue said:

I've heard that in Lee's route, apart from exploring her past, you accompany her to the "play dead" annual tournament :mare:

And Help her train...which is REALLY REALLY FUN...

1 minute ago, Arcadeotic said:

Honestly, it would be pretty interesting to have my own route that no one everyone would like to play, but alas, being such a sad existense like myself, that dream reamins out of my grasp

Maybe in the eventual A-87

Gakuto?

3 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

I'm not sure if letting someone approach, on their expressed promise not to do anything funny, then get raped into gayness, is considered consent xD

Well.... It's a... matter of perspective... I guess.. Probably.... Well don't sweat the details. Everyone involved turned out to be happy right? Except Azumi who got doomed to be single for life.

1 minute ago, havoc said:

from sleep, or because you don't have the patience to wait for A-2?

Will start on it tomorrow myself, as well as grisia.

No, in general. A-1 keeps the feeling going from the (good routes) of S, which kept the feeling of the first game. This basically means that finishing A-1 feels like going all over again the sadness of "I just finished Majikoia... sigh... *looks out the window, longingly*"

3 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

No, in general. A-1 keeps the feeling going from the (good routes) of S, which kept the feeling of the first game. This basically means that finishing A-1 feels like going all over again the sadness of "I just finished Majikoia... sigh... *looks out the window, longingly*"

I understand that feeling perfectly...Now all we can do is steel our hearts and wait for the eventual A-2 though I hope A-3 will someday be picked up as well since it has Stacey and Lee...I need them in my life, it's the one I've been waiting for even more than A-1

4 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

I understand that feeling perfectly...Now all we can do is steel our hearts and wait for the eventual A-2 though I hope A-3 will someday be picked up as well since it has Stacey and Lee...I need them in my life, it's the one I've been waiting for even more than A-1

Yeah. Cuz right now what I'd like to do is replay Majikoi and S, but the problem is: the first one is a masterpiece, but I know I'd miss a lot all the new characters from S. And the problem with S is that half the routes are, well, not really routes, but a collection of h-scenes with a bit of plot in-between.

So, I wanna play more Majikoi, but I'll get even more melancholic if I do. What to dooooooooooooo :pyaa:

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Yeah. Cuz right now what I'd like to do is replay Majikoi and S, but the problem is: the first one is a masterpiece, but I know I'd miss a lot all the new characters from S. And the problem with S is that half the routes are, well, not really routes, but a collection of h-scenes with a bit of plot in-between.

So, I wanna play more Majikoi, but I'll get even more melancholic if I do. What to dooooooooooooo :pyaa:

Even if some of the routes are just H with some plot, it's stlll better than no Majikoi at all in my mind. So I've been replaying S while playing other Vns I have in my backlog though right now I'm busy with Grisaia no Meikyuu.

Most people bash on S too much in my opininon, while it's true that is nowhere near a masterpiece as the original Majikoi was it's still plenty good and plenty enjoyable. I myself enjoyed even the routes that didn't have much plot.

Maybe I just love Majikoi too much but no regrets.

Just now, DarkZedge said:

Even if some of the routes are just H with some plot, it's stlll better than no Majikoi at all in my mind. So I've been replaying S while playing other Vns I have in my backlog though right now I'm busy with Grisaia no Meikyuu.

Most people bash on S too much in my opininon, while it's true that is nowhere near a masterpiece as the original Majikoi was it's still plenty good and plenty enjoyable. I myself enjoyed even the routes that didn't have much plot.

Maybe I just love Majikoi too much but no regrets.

Well, yeah, it's a bit of unfair bashing. But it's just like, we all know how good S could had been. I mean, they took Majikoi and added many more characters, all of them really awesome (which is an incredible achievement, considering that the first game already had a huge cast). But instead of giving them the Majikoi treatment, they made some weird, super short routes that only focused on the H-content. S is not bad, but it has such a huge amount of wasted potential, that you can't help but feel annoyed at it.

Even Koyuki's route. It was barely about her, and the ending didn't make me feel any better about how shit her life had been, because the route itself says it's all happening in an alternate universe. Meaning, there's no route in any of the Majikoi games where the main characters actually helped her, instead of letting her have a super shitty childhood.

My favourite route is Monshiro's and, surprise, it's actually not about her being so adorable. It's because in her route, for the first time, Yamato actually moves forward in life. He goes to S class, he gets a super good job, and plans to get stronger to be able to defend her by himself. It was a genius idea for a route, actually having Yamato develop, instead of just being the same guy as in any other route. A cool change of pace. But they didn't even go half the way... they built the base of the idea, but stopped at him just going to S class.

The rant is too strong. The more you love Majikoi, the more that love burns you :pyaa:

10 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Well, yeah, it's a bit of unfair bashing. But it's just like, we all know how good S could had been. I mean, they took Majikoi and added many more characters, all of them really awesome (which is an incredible achievement, considering that the first game already had a huge cast). But instead of giving them the Majikoi treatment, they made some weird, super short routes that only focused on the H-content. S is not bad, but it has such a huge amount of wasted potential, that you can't help but feel annoyed at it.

Even Koyuki's route. It was barely about her, and the ending didn't make me feel any better about how shit her life had been, because the route itself says it's all happening in an alternate universe. Meaning, there's no route in any of the Majikoi games where the main characters actually helped her, instead of letting her have a super shitty childhood.

My favourite route is Monshiro's and, surprise, it's actually not about her being so adorable. It's because in her route, for the first time, Yamato actually moves forward in life. He goes to S class, he gets a super good job, and plans to get stronger to be able to defend her by himself. It was a genius idea for a route, actually having Yamato develop, instead of just being the same guy as in any other route. A cool change of pace. But they didn't even go half the way... they built the base of the idea, but stopped at him just going to S class.

The rant is too strong. The more you love Majikoi, the more that love burns you :pyaa:

Indeed I agree that S could've even surpassed the original in quality if they had played their cards right, they definitely fucked up but I still have a lot of love for S as I do for all the Majikoi games.

Since you love the Moe Mon-sama, here.

She truly is adorable.

Spoiler

MbPxbZQ.png

pzPABpy.png

cuBwZn5.png

ObXiksp.png

These are all fresh and just baked from the Majikoi S replay I'm doing so I've been building my Majikoi Cg collection.

It's getting bigger and bigger, so beautiful

I actually saved Majikoi S main route for A-1 to get released. So i can get a refresher before going into A-1. Still playing S now lol. Majikoi S isn't bad at all, i went into it thinking its basically a fan-disk.

It can't be compared to the first of course, but it wasn't meant 2 anyway. I as a fan was satisfied, i got 2 see the Majikoi world again, all the characters, the new routes. It was a pleasant journey down memory lane. I skipped a lot of H-scenes though (revisited them at my leisure later:makina:).

Lee and Stacy routes:pyaa:, man playing through S now, i drool at the possibilities of their routes. Really liked the three maids. 

Btw, does dark Seiso appear in her route? do you get to romance her while she's in her empress mode? that'll be hot. The red eyes and glare man. That voice 2!

If only there was an Ageha route 2!

K before i start rambling on, I love Majikoi.

8 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Indeed I agree that S could've even surpassed the original in quality if they had played their cards right, they definitely fucked up but I still have a lot of love for S as I do for all the Majikoi games.

Since you love the Moe Mon-sama, here.

She truly is adorable.

Hide contents

MbPxbZQ.png

pzPABpy.png

cuBwZn5.png

ObXiksp.png

These are all fresh and just baked from the Majikoi S replay I'm doing so I've been building my Majikoi Cg collection.

It's getting bigger and bigger, so beautiful

That last picture hurt. I like penguins, so having both together at the same time... that event was tough on me.

2 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Lee and Stacy routes:pyaa:, man playing through S now, i drool at the possibilities of their routes. Really liked the three maids. 

Join me in hoping either Maji translation also picks up A-3 or if they don't after A-2 hope someone else will...

I really want A-3 because of Stacey and Lee routes.

3 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

I actually saved Majikoi S main route for A-1 to get released. So i can get a refresher before going into A-1. Still playing S now lol. Majikoi S isn't bad at all, i went into it thinking its basically a fan-disk.

It can't be compared to the first of course, but it wasn't meant 2 anyway. I as a fan was satisfied, i got 2 see the Majikoi world again, all the characters, the new routes. It was a pleasant journey down memory lane. I skipped a lot of H-scenes though (revisited them at my leisure later:makina:).

Btw, does dark Seiso appear in her route? do you get to romance her while she's in her empress mode? that'll be hot. The red eyes and glare man. That voice 2!

If only there was an Ageha route 2!

K before i start rambling on, I love Majikoi.

Yes, in Seiso's route you romance both personalities (although I'd say there's a focus on the "awakened" one).

We need the Ageha route, and the one about that other girl who has super bad luck. S had a secret "route" on her that just taunts about her getting an actual route later on in one of the A discs. Aaaaaaaah I want it @_@