Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

On 3/18/2016 at 9:54 PM, dowolf said:

Well, there's little overlap in jobs there; I'm certainly not the one doing the uncensoring.

I mean, unless you want me to work up some masterpieces in MS Paint.

(kinda tempted to do this now...)

haha I actually just meant, I'd rather have you guys put off the uncensoring project for now until All of A-Series is finished. Meaning I don't care for the uncensoring xD

"As amusing as this would be, I think we'd get crucified for ruining someones best girl. So as long as it's Chris, I don't mind. "

This would be so hilarious if that happened to Kri xD If it's only an image for Kri, I'd totally be okay with it too! 

Voice Clips of Siegrun and Umeko-sensei:

http://www.minatosoft.com/majikoi-a/voice/majikoiA5-siegrun3.mp3

http://www.minatosoft.com/majikoi-a/voice/majikoiA5-umeko3.mp3

-- I am pretty surprised at the voice for Siegrun. I was expecting something completely. Can't wait to see all of them though!!!

yybJkE8.jpg

4 hours ago, MFrost said:

That picture looks AWESOME. What's it from?
I think I'll like Margit's group.

Also, wouldn't Kri be Fried Tofu? or whatever her favorite food is.

It's from the Calendar I have. I took a picture with my phone. 

Her favorite food is "Inarizushi" which is simply Tofu Sushi. -- Do you mean a censorship for her would be inarizushi? that'd be.. interesting to say the least..

2 hours ago, Baseball3b said:

Damn, I thought that was a Muv-Luv pic -- I was wondering what Margit was doing there at first lol. 

You got my hopes up with the Siegrun clip. I thought she was a new girl for a second which meant A-6 ;_;

Haha yeah sorry about that. All the clips I've been posting has been A-5 for the most part xD

Doesn't seem Minatosoft will do an A-6 ever unfortunately.

I think that doing an A-6 will be a mistake. We had a good run, had great laughs, maybe even shed a few tears, and stretching the series will not in favor for the Majikoi world. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd rather see it end with a high, and Minatosoft moving to something else.

10 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

It's from the Calendar I have. I took a picture with my phone. 

Her favorite food is "Inarizushi" which is simply Tofu Sushi. -- Do you mean a censorship for her would be inarizushi? that'd be.. interesting to say the least..

Ah cool, I actually just bought that calender...I think (Has Margit in that uniform on the front, right?) So I'm looking forward to it whenever I get it. How'd you get yours?

And yeah! That's it, a censorship with Inarizushi.

8 hours ago, nazim10 said:

I think that doing an A-6 will be a mistake. We had a good run, had great laughs, maybe even shed a few tears, and stretching the series will not in favor for the Majikoi world. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd rather see it end with a high, and Minatosoft moving to something else.

Yeah I agree to an extent. The A "series" is pretty much played out, but with some good writing, there's still so much they could do with the Majikoi world in the same vein as S (except, you know, better). Though I do think they're probably done.

I'd just like to see more of Minatosoft's titles get translated -- I'm still hoping for a TL of that butler one (completely forget the name). Eagerly awaiting Front Wing's new project tho.

2 hours ago, Baseball3b said:

Yeah I agree to an extent. The A "series" is pretty much played out, but with some good writing, there's still so much they could do with the Majikoi world in the same vein as S (except, you know, better). Though I do think they're probably done.

I'd just like to see more of Minatosoft's titles get translated -- I'm still hoping for a TL of that butler one (completely forget the name). Eagerly awaiting Front Wing's new project tho.

The problem is that the further you go, the more difficult it gets. We see this everywhere, be it series, books, manga, anime... Majikoi was awesome, S was a disgrace with an awesome concept (and a couple good routes), and A a smart way to finish it off without taking the risk they took with S.

But if they actually had the ability and/or will to do smth of similar quality of the first game, they could pop more than one other game, without making it feel repetitive or boring. Ofc, that's both difficult and time-consuming, and this world is not popular for taking unnecessary risks or put too much effort into things, so it's a 99% sure that it won't happen, no matter how A sells.

The reason A is so compelling is there is no single story-line. It's basically just a collection of single-route VNs, since you directly choose the route you want without any guesswork regarding vague conversation choices. The routes still have some variance within them, but you know that you're not going to end up in the wrong girl's route. This is something that set Maji Koi apart; while not necessarily unique, it is rare enough to be compelling.

The problem with S was that it took the base routes from the first game, robbed them of the mixture of comedic and serious story, and made them essentially short sex-based bullshit. The Margit, Kokoro, and Iyo routes started well, but finished poorly and also lacked any real depth, failing to add anything to any of the characters. Only Monshiro and Tsubame were proper routes(and Koyuki, but for spoiler reasons, I won't discuss the myriad of issues there), and two routes that, in my opinion, could only charitably be called passable can't carry the weight of the rest of the game's failure. This was especially a shame, since from a format, feature, and ease of translation standpoint, S was vastly superior. It had everything going for it, other than the story, which is why, again in my opinion, the game was largely a failure.

A preserves those things that made S great from a technical standpoint, and adds back in the story based content, returns to proper character development, and actually put a bit of effort in to the writing. Even the H-scenes are better written than large swaths of the story from the 5 original girls in S. It's one reason I wanted to keep going, and I think it's why the team stuck together. As bad as S was, as annoying as it got, A reminded us why we liked the series in the first place(Koyuki's route played a role in this, as it was story based, but again, due to spoilers, I won't go into depth on this).

This is obviously just my opinion, so feel free to disregard it, but I think that A is enough. Are there girls/routes in general I'd have liked to see? Sure. I liked the friend arcs from the first game; Moro's route was excellent, and Capt's was just hilarious. I'd have liked to see something similar for Gen and Kuma. As well as a proper route for Kokoro. However, the game has run it's course, and if it can end strong with what we have in A, then I'd rather it stay like that than to descend back into what S was.

Yeah, no I agree, A is a good stopping point. (And likely the stopping point.) I guess I just worded my last post wrong. I'm just saying, theoretically, and with proper writing, there's still a lot they could with the series if they decided to keep going. When I mentioned S, I meant more the S format of a quasi-sequel as opposed to the A format of having 3 routes/title in more of a fan-disc fashion. 

But yeah, I'd much rather they end it here than revert back to S. 

10 hours ago, MFrost said:

Ah cool, I actually just bought that calender...I think (Has Margit in that uniform on the front, right?) So I'm looking forward to it whenever I get it. How'd you get yours?

And yeah! That's it, a censorship with Inarizushi.

I got it from Comiket 89. The calendar is pretty awesome!

Censorship being Inarizushi would be.. strange.. as it'd give a new meaning to.. eating her out..

10 hours ago, FinalChaos said:

I really liked that pic, mind sending pics of the other months too ? 

Sure, I'll PM them to you when I can.

17 hours ago, Flonne said:

It has been a while now. How is the famous Majikoi A still not done? Even Hosizora No Memoria Eternal Heart and Grisaia No Meikyuu are still in progress.

Actually, as far as I know, the Eternal Heart translation is pretty much dead in the water.  Steve comes here to post updates as frequently as I genuinely enjoy English dubs (hint: I tend to loathe English dubs).  Secondly, the Meikyuu TL has been taking much longer than SP ever indicated it would, and even then, comparing a paid translation project to a fan translation is so mind-bogglingly stupid that I don't even know why you did it at all.  The Maji TL team isn't being paid for their work, so they'll obviously be making less progress than if they were, seeing as how they have to have jobs to live long enough to finish their project and prolong their lives in general.

I find the entitlement that's oozing out of your post to be, quite frankly, disgusting and pathetic.  You should be damn happy there's a TL project for the Majikoi A's at all, and yet you expect them to work at a pace you find appropriate, even though you can't be bothered to even lift a finger to help?  Think before you post next time, and try being less rude to the people that are doing you a favor out of the kindness of their hearts.

1 hour ago, TsukiBaka said:

Sent to everyone who asked for them! I can post it here too if the moderators are okay with it.

I don't care  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can I ask that you put the pics into a gallery, and then post the link to the gallery?  Loading up 11 other fairly-large pictures makes the page take longer to load, and is rather annoying.

29 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I don't care  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can I ask that you put the pics into a gallery, and then post the link to the gallery?  Loading up 11 other fairly-large pictures makes the page take longer to load, and is rather annoying.

I actually just uploaded to Mega. I just wanted the okay that DDL links were still okay is all. xD

15 minutes ago, TsukiBaka said:

I actually just uploaded to Mega. I just wanted the okay that DDL links were still okay is all. xD

Yeah, that's fine.  As long it's not illegal content (you have the right to take pictures of your own property  : P) or lolis, we're not really required to care.  Go crazy.