Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

13 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

In my view, discussing whether or not the VN is good is still about the VN. As long as you're not being rude about it or insulting those who do like it, it's a valid discussion topic.

That's why I told him to just do another thread. He quoted Ren's post, which basically says "anyone who likes Majikoi is a retarded fanboy who cannot discern quality from garbage because I say so, the great Ren", and DevilAkuma's agreeing with him comes half a year later, out of the blue, agreeing that there's no substance (again not really explaining much, just criticizing for the joy of annoying people). There was no discussion, they simply asserted that Majikoi is crap and anyone who likes it should feel bad about it.

With the various posts and slight off-topics that we've had in this thread, I feel like it's really off-topic to throw a random empty criticism quoting a post of half a year ago, or to start in the Majikoi A TL discussion thread a shitstorm (not a discussion, a shitstorm) about whether it's crap or not.

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I finally got around to reading Koyuki's route in S last night. Was anybody else disappointed with it? I thought the actual war/rebellion was pretty cool but the relationship with Koyuki seemed so damn abrupt and shallow. It's a shame too because she's such a fascinating character. Majikoi A-6 Koyuki remake pls? (I can dream.)

Keep up the good work with A-1/A-2! The scene in Koyuki's route with Benkei just made me want to read A-1 even more now. Lol. 

11 minutes ago, Baseball3b said:

Keep up the good work with A-1/A-2! The scene in Koyuki's route with Benkei just made me want to read A-1 even more now. Lol. 

Yes keep up the great work...i'm also super hyped! since i love Majikoi in its entirety...Benkei route, Azumi route *drools* there are many more routes i'm happy about too but all in due time :sachi:

1 hour ago, Baseball3b said:

Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but I finally got around to reading Koyuki's route in S last night. Was anybody else disappointed with it? I thought the actual war/rebellion was pretty cool but the relationship with Koyuki seemed so damn abrupt and shallow. It's a shame too because she's such a fascinating character. Majikoi A-6 Koyuki remake pls? (I can dream.)

Yeap... 100% agree with you on that. Was hoping for more in terms of Koyuki, but it didn't go far into her development with Yamato :[

Have a Koyuki: http://minatosoft.com/majikoi/voice/koyuki1.mp3

36 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Yes keep up the great work...i'm also super hyped! since i love Majikoi in its entirety...Benkei route, Azumi route *drools* there are many more routes i'm happy about too but all in due time :sachi:

As soon as A-1 is released, I'm going to drop everything I'm currently reading/watching/playing and go straight to Azumi route xD

Just now, TsukiBaka said:

As soon as A-1 is released, I'm going to drop everything I'm currently reading/watching/playing and go straight to Azumi route xD

No shit, I'll do the same...it's quite amazing how much people like secondary characters that it causes more games to be released just for them! So many great ones

21 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

No shit, I'll do the same...it's quite amazing how much people like secondary characters that it causes more games to be released just for them! So many great ones

I'm still waiting for the Physical Copies of all the A series, mostly the package bundle so I can get them. This is what makes me not want an A-6 just a tiny bit. But seeing as how long this time it is taking them to release A-5 compared to A1-4, I kinda think Another Majikoi will not happen :[

1 hour ago, DarkZedge said:

Well, secondary characters are what give life to the world where the stories are set, so it's not that surprising. Really great game/manga/anime tend to have an awesome cast of secondary characters (just look at stuff like Gintama).

7 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

I'm still waiting for the Physical Copies of all the A series, mostly the package bundle so I can get them. This is what makes me not want an A-6 just a tiny bit. But seeing as how long this time it is taking them to release A-5 compared to A1-4, I kinda think Another Majikoi will not happen :[

I dunno, as long as it sells well, they might as well keep milking the series. (Not that I'd complain) No idea on what the sales figures are, but we can hope. 

That Koyuki voice clip just made me sad about her route all over again :-(

I keep hoping  wondering if they'll pull a Muv-Luv on us and make a sequel/spin off where everything's serious and dramatic as all hell. Momoyo vs an alien invasion? Yes pls. 

1 hour ago, Baseball3b said:

I dunno, as long as it sells well, they might as well keep milking the series. (Not that I'd complain) No idea on what the sales figures are, but we can hope. 

That Koyuki voice clip just made me sad about her route all over again :-(

I keep hoping  wondering if they'll pull a Muv-Luv on us and make a sequel/spin off where everything's serious and dramatic as all hell. Momoyo vs an alien invasion? Yes pls. 

If they announced A-6, it'll take 2+ Years.. .. I want my physical copies xD

http://minatosoft.com/majikoi/voice/koyuki3.mp3 here's another :o

And I don't think it'll ever get to that point really. Imo, I'd say only 2 or 3 routes were really "serious and dramatic" and even then they weren't fully. Part of why I love Majikoi though is because it's so light hearted for the most part.

6 hours ago, Baseball3b said:

If they were to go the Muv-Luv route we'd get an amazing crossover with the casts of Kimiaru and Tsujidou-san.  That would be awesome!  On paper.  But let us think critically.  To Muv-Luv it out Yamato will be locked into the Touma route and there's nothing you'll be able to do about it.  :marie:  

Remember, MLA means you're stuck with the worst route possible.  It'll start with something "innocent" like a mouth is a mouth bro.  Touma sure has a purdy mouth.  Then a butt is a butt bro.  Yamato is already all about the buttsecks.  Poor Miyako sneaks into Yamato's room to bring him back to the righteous path with some good old fashioned hetero buttsecks only to find him riding Touma and pulling his hair.  Yamato tries to tell it isn't usually that bad but she runs away and cries in jealousy.  We see him fall more and more as the tragedy unfolds.

Then all of the girls we love will die.  They'll all die in an amazing blaze of glory saving reality as we know it but the official story will be getting into a Kamakami Sui drinking contest with Benkei not realizing it was really sake and they all died from alcohol poisoning.  There is no avoiding the bad end with Yamato and Touma holding hands and skipping through the mountains of Switzerland saying "yodel-ay-hee-hoo!" everywhere they go, talking about how great it is to be husband and husband.

Now I ask, is that really what you want?   

Spoiler
3 hours ago, EcchiOujisama said:

If they were to go the Muv-Luv route we'd get an amazing crossover with the casts of Kimiaru and Tsujidou-san.  That would be awesome!  On paper.  But let us think critically.  To Muv-Luv it out Yamato will be locked into the Touma route and there's nothing you'll be able to do about it.  :marie:  

Remember, MLA means you're stuck with the worst route possible.  It'll start with something "innocent" like a mouth is a mouth bro.  Touma sure has a purdy mouth.  Then a butt is a butt bro.  Yamato is already all about the buttsecks.  Poor Miyako sneaks into Yamato's room to bring him back to the righteous path with some good old fashioned hetero buttsecks only to find him riding Touma and pulling his hair.  Yamato tries to tell it isn't usually that bad but she runs away and cries in jealousy.  We see him fall more and more as the tragedy unfolds.

Then all of the girls we love will die.  They'll all die in an amazing blaze of glory saving reality as we know it but the official story will be getting into a Kamakami Sui drinking contest with Benkei not realizing it was really sake and they all died from alcohol poisoning.  There is no avoiding the bad end with Yamato and Touma holding hands and skipping through the mountains of Switzerland saying "yodel-ay-hee-hoo!" everywhere they go, talking about how great it is to be husband and husband.

Now I ask, is that really what you want?   

I don't know, I'd read the hell out of that just for the shock factor. I think you're on to something there.

9 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

If they announced A-6, it'll take 2+ Years.. .. I want my physical copies xD

http://minatosoft.com/majikoi/voice/koyuki3.mp3 here's another :o

And I don't think it'll ever get to that point really. Imo, I'd say only 2 or 3 routes were really "serious and dramatic" and even then they weren't fully. Part of why I love Majikoi though is because it's so light hearted for the most part.

I for one am perfectly fine with waiting for physical copies. Am broke out of my mind and need to finish med/dental school before I finally get paid :-(

Edit: I can't format to save my life and have class in a bit. 

Edited by Baseball3b
Formatting

7 hours ago, DarthMeteos said:

It's been a fairly good money-spinner, though. I can see them making a Majikoi Z or something.

Yeah I have no idea how well the games are selling, but if the money's there I wouldn't doubt a continuation.

Honestly as long as the quality's there, I wouldn't mind if it kept going.