Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

5 hours ago, nazim10 said:

Honnestly, I was going to choose on a whim, but the more I think about it, the more I think tha going with Azumi first isn't a bas choice. I mean, we saw how she idolizes Hideo, and I'm curious about how she will "switch" to Yamato...

Well, if you read Monshiro's route, Azumi is very compatible with Yamato, I can imagine Yamato showing a lot of concern and simply working with Azumi frequently will enable Azumi to see things in him. Since she has a one track mind for Hideo since Hideo probably saved her from Azumi's "darkness" which is probably assassination, it will be difficult, but Azumi is not a dumb woman either and she is capable of seeing good things in others too. :P I'm very hopeful that Azumi generally stays herself throughout her route and does not somehow change personalities (that much) as she starts to like Yamato. She's already a very cool, well rounded character in my opinion. 

As some may have noticed, both this and the project thread have been renamed to reflect that we're going to keep working on the series. How far we'll go depends on the others, but work on A-2 is beginning, while A-1 has hit some bumps that we'll work out eventually.

13 minutes ago, twdarkeh said:

As some may have noticed, both this and the project thread have been renamed to reflect that we're going to keep working on the series. How far we'll go depends on the others, but work on A-2 is beginning, while A-1 has hit some bumps that we'll work out eventually.

That's great news :) A-2 even has the route i'm looking forward the most in the Majikoi series so far.

1 hour ago, twdarkeh said:

What bumps? Is it Benkei's bumps? DAMN YOU BIG BOOBED MONSTEEEEEEEEEEER

8 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

Im pretty excited for Seiso and Monshiro After+ ! This is wonderful news. Hope everything is alright-- sucks that A-1 is giving you guys some sort of trouble though :[ Keep going at your own pace~

Also, not that I really care since I stalk the wordpress, but is there any reason for the progress in the Project thread to not be updated to what's shown on the wordpress?

10 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

BAZ3gLD.gif?noredirect

20 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

BAZ3gLD.gif?noredirect

Spoiler

10 hours ago, twdarkeh said:

Now I have to go and download the rest of them right now.  Why do you do this to me  :amane:

Just joking.  I love you guys for translating the rest of the A's  <3  Good luck!

17 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

Well, if you read Monshiro's route, Azumi is very compatible with Yamato, I can imagine Yamato showing a lot of concern and simply working with Azumi frequently will enable Azumi to see things in him. Since she has a one track mind for Hideo since Hideo probably saved her from Azumi's "darkness" which is probably assassination, it will be difficult, but Azumi is not a dumb woman either and she is capable of seeing good things in others too. :P I'm very hopeful that Azumi generally stays herself throughout her route and does not somehow change personalities (that much) as she starts to like Yamato. She's already a very cool, well rounded character in my opinion. 

Well, Azumi, as a character, was never dull. I always get annoyed with the <insert boy's name here>-sama type, but I found her's to be enjoyable. I just hope that the "switch" will be somehow believable, and not just a "be a replacement for my Hideo"...

Interesting fact about Azumi's route:

Azumi is the only Majikoi girl besides Momoyo who rejects Yamato's initial confession and rejects him several times after that! It took Yamato the longest to finally convince her with the time skips, because he's about 26 when it finally came about.

16 hours ago, nazim10 said:

Well, Azumi, as a character, was never dull. I always get annoyed with the <insert boy's name here>-sama type, but I found her's to be enjoyable. I just hope that the "switch" will be somehow believable, and not just a "be a replacement for my Hideo"...

I don't think this will be the case with how Azumi is. She's not the type to do something like that :P 

4 hours ago, hydro said:

There's approximately a 0% chance of me reading Azumi's route. Sayaka's and Benkei's routes are interesting to me though. Both of them are fairly similar to Yamato in their own way.

How ironic, since I would say that Azumi is much more similar to Yamato than Sayaka or Benkei.

42 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Well I haven't gotten around to reading the first VNs, so maybe this will be done around the time I finish them. (knowing my reading speed, the chance of it finishing before I read the first two is very high :makina: ) 

You should hurry up and read them! Majikoi is good VN series and really worth the read.

And i'm pretty fast reader, so i'm having hard time finding good VN's to pass the the time my self :( I'm currently reading Grisaia no Kajitsu for the 3rd time to pass the time :D It's easily my favourite VN i have ever read and i have both steam version and the one i got from Fuwa before they deleted all the links. Cant wait for Seikai to be done with the 2nd and 3rd game so i can by them.

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

How ironic, since I would say that Azumi is much more similar to Yamato than Sayaka or Benkei.

I can definitely see the argument for this.  It's just whenever I saw Yamato with Benkei (frequently) and Sayaka (infrequently) in S, they seemed to "click". Of course in S Benkei was a bro, and Sayaka was "mutually concerned about Yukie"; but I could see both pairings working out.

4 hours ago, TsukiBaka said:

Why 0%?

There are just some pairings in Majikoi I have zero interest in. It's not always even down to the character themselves, sometimes it's just circumstantial factors that turn me off.

5 minutes ago, hydro said:

I can definitely see the argument for this.  It's just whenever I saw Yamato with Benkei (frequently) and Sayaka (infrequently) in S, they seemed to "click". Of course in S Benkei was a bro, and Sayaka was "mutually concerned about Yukie"; but I could see both pairings working out.

There are just some pairings in Majikoi I have zero interest in. It's not always even down to the character themselves, sometimes it's just circumstantial factors that turn me off.

Well, they certainly do work well together. Sayaka not so much, but Benkei is certainly an easy match to Yamato.

35 minutes ago, Gizzie said:

You should hurry up and read them! Majikoi is good VN series and really worth the read.

And i'm pretty fast reader, so i'm having hard time finding good VN's to pass the the time my self :( I'm currently reading Grisaia no Kajitsu for the 3rd time to pass the time :D It's easily my favourite VN i have ever read and i have both steam version and the one i got from Fuwa before they deleted all the links. Cant wait for Seikai to be done with the 2nd and 3rd game so i can by them.

learn japanese in the time between new vns.

You get to experience a nearly endless source of Vns and you actually get to know a language that you most likely were interested in in the first place + if you just do it in between VNs its not even going to take away that spare time!

36 minutes ago, hydro said:

Some Naoe pairings feel forced and have no compatibility like Margit, Rin, and Kokoro. Are these girls than Azumi in that regard who happens to understand Naoe the best because they worked and lived together the longest? @hydro

8 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Some Naoe pairings feel forced and have no compatibility like Margit, Rin, and Kokoro. Are these girls than Azumi in that regard who happens to understand Naoe the best because they worked and lived together the longest? @hydro

Why would Margit have no compatibility with him?

22 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

Why would Margit have no compatibility with him?

Well it's been a while since I played her route but wasn't it circumstantial or it came about from a misunderstanding and basically Yamato was just very clingy to Margit to the point that she just gave in? It's not like I like you, you like me, let's go out kind of thing

4 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Well it's been a while since I played her route but wasn't it circumstantial or it came about from a misunderstanding and basically Yamato was just very clingy to Margit to the point that she just gave in? It's not like I like you, you like me, let's go out kind of thing

Rather, it was the opposite of it being circumstantial. There's nothing between them 2, and Yamato creates a relationship out of simple interest. In the end, relationships don't need to come from sweet, fantasy-like true love or epic stories. They are nothing but acquaintances, and end up discovering that they are quite compatible, as Margit is a big sister type and Yamato a younger brother type, exchanging the roles when sex is involved, which has them both having equally control and freedom on the relationship.

It suffers from the Majikoi S problem of lacking more time and development, but I would say it's one of the most realistic relationships.