Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

The zips are bins(each of which is part of a routes script) I send kardo after fixing the initial errors he located, for retesting. We repeat this until the bin is as perfect as we can get it, then move on to the next one. Benkei has 33 bins. There are 3 misc bins, 19 sayaka bins, and eventually 31 Azumi bins. Each needs initial testing, fixes, and later QC. Essentially, we are puush's worst nightmare.

lqsrC.png

This is the folder I use for editing. I imagine kardo's is bigger, since I delete some stuff as I go(old zips).

Edited by twdarkeh

Woah.. that's crazy. Are 33/31 really high numbers? What was the average for Vanilla and S? and Hahaha I bet, or they are used to it ;D I hope this gives people a good idea on how long these things may take / the efforts that go into this.

And dang, I'm curious to see how big the game is compared to that.

Number of scripts is pretty much meaningless. For instance, in the original Majikoi, every route was contained in its own script file, but the file for each major route was some 10k lines long. And even here, while Azumi and Benkei have roughly the same number of script files, Benkei's is some 400kB compared to Azumi's 300kB.

(To put these numbers in perspective: Koyuki's route is about 300kB.)

Edited by dowolf

Number of scripts is pretty much meaningless. For instance, in the original Majikoi, every route was contained in its own script file, but the file for each major route was some 10k lines long. And even here, while Azumi and Benkei have roughly the same number of script files, Benkei's is some 400kB compared to Azumi's 300kB.

(To put these numbers in perspective: Koyuki's route is about 300kB.)

This, baiscally. File sizes are what are important, and uncompressed, the files start ballooning pretty fast. And I don't keep a local uncompressed copy of most of the images that need translation either, so my size is a bit off. The only time the numbers matter are when we're testing. Figuring out which file we're in at any given moment is a pain, as I'm sure kardo can tell you. Though many break by the day(a1_0626_0 would be a day on it's own, for example), several days have more than one script, and no clear indication where one ends and the next starts in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda off topic, so delete it if you want mods

anyway if you want something kinda similar to majikoi try reading this. It has similar feel to fight scenes, has some romance and comedy is pretty good. Closest thing to majikoi so far

https://vndb.org/v2375#main

Thanks for giving me new VN to read :)

Np, heres a hint, go for the girl that looks like Kokoro

If you're basing the fanbase on youtube comments, I think I've found your problem.

To be fair, when the top liked material on Fuwanovel is littered with Majikoi updates, it says a lot.

If you're basing the fanbase on youtube comments, I think I've found your problem.

To be fair, when the top liked material on Fuwanovel is littered with Majikoi updates, it says a lot.

What's with your hate on Series because of its Fanbase? 

That's Narrow Minded.

That's Narrow Minded.

There are a lot of toxic fans out there when it comes to any sort of thing. In my opinion, Majikoi is one of those fan bases.

That's Narrow Minded.

There are a lot of toxic fans out there when it comes to any sort of thing. In my opinion, Majikoi is one of those fan bases.

That goes same for every single series out there imo. Every single series have certain amount of Meh/toxic fans. EVERY SINGLE ONE. if you think certain series have 100% cool fans, its just that you haven't met them yet.

Its just that You met few toxic/immature ones. Just look at this topic, I don't see that much toxic people here and i'm pretty sure 90% of em are majikoi fans.