Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

If we go by the same pattern than Majikoi S, there should be an update once a route is done, I think.

From what I heard, they aren't releasing any more partial patches. So if they complete Benkei or Azumi's route, they won't release it until BOTH are finished.

If we go by the same pattern than Majikoi S, there should be an update once a route is done, I think.

From what I heard, they aren't releasing any more partial patches. So if they complete Benkei or Azumi's route, they won't release it until BOTH are finished.

He means an update as in "Update: We have finished X's route". Not as in partial patches.

I can wait as long as it takes so progress updates are nice but it doesn't matter too much to me I prefer it when the project leaders or translators give a quick hello to prove they're still there but I don't think its been long enough to warrant much worrying either way and the team are very dependable :) 

He means an update as in "Update: We have finished X's route". Not as in partial patches.

I mean, shouldn't fantranslators do that anyway? The good ones who care about their fans at least? :sachi:

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Do keep in mind that the routes Storyteller and I are translating are literally longer than any route in S or the original that I translated.

I'm hesitant to give exact numbers, mostly because Ouraibaa always yelled at me whenever I did >_> but for Benkei, it's somewhere between 0 and 80%, depending on what metric you want to use (I'm useful!).

Edited by dowolf

My body is ready for this, hopefully you guys are able to finish it by mid-2016, really want to read Benkei's route :pyaa: 

I didnt know someone else besides me can be such a pessimist. Glad I found a comrade. :sachi:  

I wasn't trying to sound pessimistic, it's just that S took about 6/7 months to finish the TL, and those routes (from what i've heard) are shorter than the three in A-1. So I assumed it'd take about the same amount of time, maybe a little longer. That being said I am a pessimist at heart :amane:

Edited by Mugi

My body is ready for this, hopefully you guys are able to finish it by mid-2016, really want to read Benkei's route :pyaa: 

I didnt know someone else besides me can be such a pessimist. Glad I found a comrade. :sachi:  

I wasn't trying to sound pessimistic, it's just that S took about 6/7 months to finish the TL, and those routes (from what i've heard) are shorter than the three in A-1. So I assumed it'd take about the same amount of time, maybe a little longer. That being said I am a pessimist at heart :amane:

Well, but Sayaka's was already TLed, so it's actually just 2 routes (unless they are redoing Sayaka o.o).

Well, but Sayaka's was already TLed, so it's actually just 2 routes (unless they are redoing Sayaka o.o).

If I recall correctly, Sayaka's TL wasn't too great (I could be wrong) so I wouldn't be surprised if they either re-did it or spent some time tweaking it.

If I recall correctly, Sayaka's TL wasn't too great (I could be wrong) so I wouldn't be surprised if they either re-did it or spent some time tweaking it.

Really? Been a while since I played it, but I don't remember the TL being too bad o:

S was March to... July? So about four months of total work. My goal was to have the first draft of Benkei done by the end of the month; I'm not 100% confident that's happening at this point, but it shouldn't take too much more. Granted, that's a far cry from "done," but still. I will be shocked if things take till mid-2016.

As for Sayaka's... I mean, there's no more quote-unquote "need" to redo it than there was for the S routes Wairu did, but there's a big part of me that regrets not redoing those routes so >_>

No need to waste your time and resources on something thats already done. Anyone complaining about the Sayaka patch are spoiled brats who have English majors or something. It's fine, readable, and understandable.... and pretty sure anyone with a functional brain can analyze 100% of what's going on. Although something that might need to be addressed is the error that happens when you go to the scene gallery that crashes the game when you have the Sayaka patch installed.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

No need to waste your time and resources on something thats already done. Anyone complaining about the Sayaka patch are spoiled brats who have English majors or something. It's fine, readable, and understandable.... and pretty sure anyone with a functional brain can analyze 100% of what's going on.

Well said!

No need to waste your time and resources on something thats already done. Anyone complaining about the Sayaka patch are spoiled brats who have English majors or something. It's fine, readable, and understandable.... and pretty sure anyone with a functional brain can analyze 100% of what's going on. Although something that might need to be addressed is the error that happens when you go to the scene gallery that crashes the game when you have the Sayaka patch installed.

I'm with you.

Do keep in mind that the routes Storyteller and I are translating are literally longer than any route in S or the original that I translated.

I'm hesitant to give exact numbers, mostly because Ouraibaa always yelled at me whenever I did >_> but for Benkei, it's somewhere between 0 and 80%, depending on what metric you want to use (I'm useful!).

This makes all the waiting worth it. If the routes are long, it usually means that it has a proper story and not just a big f**kfest. Who cares about the H right? *wink*

This makes all the waiting worth it. If the routes are long, it usually means that it has a proper story and not just a big f**kfest. Who cares about the H right? *wink*

Hopefully that's what happens. That was my main problem with the after story routes in Majikoi S. They were just for h scenes alone with no development of the relationship. It was pretty disappointing once I figured that out.

Hopefully that's what happens. That was my main problem with the after story routes in Majikoi S. They were just for h scenes alone with no development of the relationship. It was pretty disappointing once I figured that out.

The routes for the new girls in A games have some really in-depth story especially with the Kuki maids, Benkei, Seiso, and hopefully Yoshitsune on A-5

(to conclude the unanswered mysteries with that 'M' character and the Bushido plan arc which is actually very interesting once you finally see its true purpose)

But yeah I agree that the original heroines, Margit, and Tsubame, were just mostly fanservice and h-scenes. Monshiro's route was the only one who's not a new heroine in the A-series I felt like had a decent "true" ending/after story. 

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Eh? I'd say Tsubame's route was a pretty normal eroge route with a typical character-focused story. After the split in her route it gets a bit sex heavy, but that's basically after the story resolves itself anyways and amounts to two built-in after stories.

The routes for the new girls in A games have some really in-depth story especially with the Kuki maids, Benkei, Seiso, and hopefully Yoshitsune on A-5

Hidden Content

But yeah I agree that the original heroines, Margit, and Tsubame, were just mostly fanservice and h-scenes. Monshiro's route was the only one who's not a new heroine in the A-series I felt like had a decent "true" ending/after story. 

I quite liked Tsubame as a heroine. The true route was definitely the best one in the game though.

Considering I'm waiting for the Kud Wafter TL to be finished.
I believe I have enough patience to wait for the Majikoi A series.

I look forward to it because it has routes for a few characters that I rather liked.
For example, that one gun girl from the West academy or something, I found her rather cute. Then there are the maids, and so many other characters I liked.

So, yeah, I look forward to it, but I need to finish the first two games first. :wafuu:
EDIT: Although, I'll have to power through the bullshit group sex scenes, I just dislike them. PLUS, I am disappointed with the lack of Wanko routes, I always need more Wanko.

Edited by StormShaun