Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

What...WHAT!?  Did anyone tell Minatosoft?  Having been on Minatosoft.com today, it sure looks like they own Kimiaru, seeing as they tried to get me to buy it and supplied me with very attractive Shinra-sama wallpaper.  If they don't own it, who does?!?!

I know there wasn't an Ageha route in the original version, but are you sure there wasn't an Ageha route in the 通常版/Regular Edition released in 2011?  I was under the impression it was added there, having added everything that was in the PS2 and PSP versions along with more voices.

Now watch them lose half the rights to A-5 in a Mahjong game somehow and it'll never be finished. 

...Unless I am very much mistaken, there is no PS2 or PSP version >_> There is a PS3 version, but it has no new routes AFAIK (never played it).

So I want to ask what is happening to the translation project, I have been sending emails to the skyspear hotmail many times and posted questions on the wordpress like 2 times and because i am afraid i just want to know. What is happening right now? I havent heard an update of the progression since june or july. I am very sorry that i asked so rude (if it is to you guys) but can i be informed. (sorry just the thought of Benkei's route being almost done patching is killing my head right now)

I did, yes.

As for Benkei, it's weird. I have Wairu's translations, but most every line needs to be at least rewritten, so I'm basically starting from scratch and then using Wairu's as a check for the occasional spot where I derp or where they wound up wording things better.

I'm not sure if this is the best route (I'm spending embarrassing amounts of time trying to convince myself that Wairu is just wrong on lines where Wairu is very definitely wrong but paranoia is fun~), but here we are.

I did, yes.

As for Benkei, it's weird. I have Wairu's translations, but most every line needs to be at least rewritten, so I'm basically starting from scratch and then using Wairu's as a check for the occasional spot where I derp or where they wound up wording things better.

I'm not sure if this is the best route (I'm spending embarrassing amounts of time trying to convince myself that Wairu is just wrong on lines where Wairu is very definitely wrong but paranoia is fun~), but here we are.

Wairu released a translation for Benkei? When was this?

So does the length of the heroines in the A routes equal to the length of a route from the first Majikoi game (Momoyo, Wanko, Miyako, etc.) where the routes are long or does it equal to the ones in S (Tsubame, Monshiro) where the routes are a little shorter?

Does it also have a small story to it like Suguru going to a brothel or the drug dealer with the mechanical anus?

and

Says the guy who uses S Tsubame cg as avatar?

Yeah, it's kind of ironic isn't it...

I like this avatar picture because it shows her hidden personality which is her devious side. Tsubame is a scheming-type who plans things ahead of time so it's funny to see someone like her having her plans backfire and getting turned into an M. I still like both of the routes though.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, but a quick little progress update on the project page would be nice.
But really, I'm just glad to get notifications from this thread again..it's been a whole week! :( We must never forget the Majikoi legacy!!!!!

It'd be great to get an update, but like I said, these fan TL projects tend to take a long time and a lot of them fall apart which sucks. I would've liked that Princess Lover translation.

Unlike most fan translations however, the current team doing this is very good and follows thru. I didn't know about the update pattern that they did with Majikoi S, since it was that finishing that got me interested in Majikoi first of all, so that's good to know.

Ei ei OH team!!!!

Edited by MFrost