Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

Even though it's a fandisc don't be discouraged that Majikoi A series is just gonna be all fanservice/nukige non-canon scenes like a good 95% of all the fandiscs nowadays are doing. There's some semblance of "true/agave-like route" in some routes which could lead to another Majikoi series after A-5. *crosses fingers* Major spoilers below:

Starting on Cookie IS's route in A2, there's an appearance of a major antagonist named M who happens to make the story very interesting from A3 onwards (no doubt this M character will definitely be a big name in Yoshitsune's route in A5 due to M's connection with the clones) on some routes and several cameos of old arch-enemies.  

The canon route is the route that you like or whichever one you believe is true.

There's no right or wrong answers ending.

For one because

but yea, Margit is also more popular, she was #1 in the latest popularity poll, while Koko and Yuki weren't even in the top 10

I don't really agree with that, but that's how it is^^

I don't agree with this either but I guess you can't argue with results. Damn.

Now I actually want to see who got the highest votes.

Do you know the website for the popularity poll?

I have to see this poll where Margit is #1. I feel like some super hardcore fan must have gamed the voting somehow.

She's a good side character, but after the "story" she had in S, I have a hard time imagining a universe where she is more interesting and likable than Mayucchi and Wanko.

Fans dying to see more because basically Margit route in Majikoi S is a boring nukige-fest? lol.... That's definitely the #1 reason.

I mean I don't like Margit as much as maybe Wanko or Benkei, but I would be interested in a better story for her than what we got in S. It's kinda disappointing because we didn't learn as much from her route and there was not as much background story/material like in other existing characters from the original Majikoi like

Tatsuko

(we learn more about her sisters especially Ami and her line of work. You would think she's experienced due to being a "Queen" of an S/M club but she's a virgin!)

or Kokoro

(we see an interestingly humble side of Kokoro when she is no longer in Class S and she also doesn't mind if she loses some of her pride.)

VS.

Margit route is basically Yamato being a young, healthy horny teenager trying to get hot and steamy with Margit with every chance he can get.

Fans dying to see more because basically Margit route in Majikoi S is a boring nukige-fest? lol.... That's definitely the #1 reason.

Margit route is basically Yamato being a young, healthy horny teenager trying to get hot and steamy with Margit with every chance he can get.

I feel like they didn't have a good handle on what kind of story her character could have that doesn't overlap too much with other characters.

Chris's original route already played up the over-protective Dad / General angle and the Kuki maids have the military-fish-out-of-water-in-civilian-life / combat experience / PTSD struggles thing going on.

If she ever gets a retconned redo of a story, it would be interesting to see what angle it takes. I'm having a hard time imagining it myself.

I feel like they didn't have a good handle on what kind of story her character could have that doesn't overlap too much with other characters.

Chris's original route already played up the over-protective Dad / General angle and the Kuki maids have the military-fish-out-of-water-in-civilian-life / combat experience / PTSD struggles thing going on.

If she ever gets a retconned redo of a story, it would be interesting to see what angle it takes. I'm having a hard time imagining it myself.

To do Margit's after route justice, it would be better to expand the story based on her experiences in the past like what they did with Azumi (A1), although in a more militaristic sense, and further explain how her character came about. Would also be great if she has different approach in fight scenes besides yelling "Hasen Jagd" and pummeling her enemies with her tonfas. =P You would think with her military background, she would be more calm and collected and utilize strategies more just like Yamato but she isn't......

Also would be great if they present some conflict/drama that challenges Margit as a character and not easily be solved by what she does best (fighting) just like what they did with Seiso's (A2) and Wanko's (original) route. Those two are battle freaks in other heroine's routes, but they are presented in a different light in their routes which I really enjoyed. 

http://www.minatosoft.com/majikoi-a/kawakami56.php

tl;dr:

#1 Margit

#2 Tsubame

#3 Rin

#4 Benkei

#5 Lee

#6 Wanko

#7 Mayucchi

#8 Azumi

#9 Momo

#10 Seiso

Wow, thanks for that.

It's still hard to admit how Margit was ranked #1.

As for Tsubame being #2 is a definite win for me. Tsubame is the best!!!

Now that I look at the results closely, it seems that over half of the characters ranked in the top 10 are older-girls.

Either those characters are appealing in terms of personality and backstory or it could be that Japan seems to have a love for their sempais.

No matter how many times I look at this list, I'm still surprised by it. Rin and Lee being in the top 5, when no original heroines made it into the top 5 ... I don't know what to say about that. I'll hope for the best and optimistically perceive this to mean that the A-series games I haven't read yet are way more amazing than I was giving them credit for.

That being the case, I hope the translations go well. I want to read these things and see for myself.

No matter how many times I look at this list, I'm still surprised by it. Rin and Lee being in the top 5, when no original heroines made it into the top 5 ... I don't know what to say about that. I'll hope for the best and optimistically perceive this to mean that the A-series games I haven't read yet are way more amazing than I was giving them credit for.

That being the case, I hope the translations go well. I want to read these things and see for myself.

I get the feeling a big part is due to "hype" and "order". The main heroines, as awesome as they are both the character and their route, form the basic game and had pretty satisfactory routes. Then you have S with its mostly unsatisfactory routes (except for a couple) and the relatively "short" routes in A. The way I see it, it's mostly a list of "top heroines I would like to see more from".

http://www.minatosoft.com/majikoi-a/kawakami56.php

tl;dr:

#1 Margit

#2 Tsubame

#3 Rin

#4 Benkei

#5 Lee

#6 Wanko

#7 Mayucchi

#8 Azumi

#9 Momo

#10 Seiso

Well it was said that Yamato is someone who prefers older girls. That and Yamato have a sadistic personality. So you can see that the top 2 are actually oneesan type characters that he can boss around. (with reactions, so tatsuko doesn't count)

Lee's route is actually pretty interesting. It is very dark but the comic relief of the whole premise of her route keeps you quite engaged:

Yamato helps her win the play dead competition that she was practicing for back in Majikoi S. This is funny because it starts with just mere poking but then it evolved to fondling and then making Lee actually climax.

I say IT IS BETTER than every original heroine route maybe except Wanko's (it's really tough to top off a good realistic drama route).

Im curious about which type of Tsubame you guys prefer? The S or M version?