Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

ltRvvoF.gif

No need to rush things tho, we're patient people (well, most of us :wacko:) , take all the time ya need

About the route lengths, there's rough estimates of the script sizes on minatosoft's site, I wrote them down a while ago:

Sayaka: 280-300K

Azumi: 370-380K

Benkei: 400-420K

=====

C4IS: 400K

Seiso: 420-450K

Monshiro: 200K

=====

Tsubame: 300K

Lee: 370K

Stacy: 370K

=====

Rin: 400K

Homura: 400K

=====

Yoshitsune: >400K

Margit: >400K

Takae: >400K

Don't have script sizes for S routes to compare unfortunately, but if you've read Sayaka already you can kinda guess how long the other routes are

How much money/resources does it take to make you finish? I wouldn't mind donating to your mountain dew/red bull/coffee funds. xD

@Skyzzed: Are all the A routes combined about as big as the whole Majikoi S in terms of script sizes?

@Jun: Monshiro's route is short and sweet. All that matters. Although, there's a huge scene at the end that is quite eye catching. ^_^

Script length in kilobytes looks weird~

But to put the numbers in perspective for people who've played S: 300KB was the length of Koyuki's route.

The fact that we're working in parallel (me on Benkei, Storyteller on Azumi, and then checking each other's work) means a partial patch doesn't really make sense.

I personally was pretty satisfied with Mon's route in S and don't really feel like it needs anything more. Of all the S routes I think it was the most robust. Tsubame's route wasn't bad and she's great as a character, but her plot developments felt hard to buy into by comparison.

Though for Inoue Jun, I guess Mon's route could be the size of the Song of Ice and Fire and still seem inadequate.

Loliconia ... banzai!!

No, there will be no partial patches. No, we don't take donations. Yes, the scripts are huge. Yes, there are a lot of them.

Wanko best girl.

+1 Wanko ftw, but I also like Benkei. Even though it has less drama, you can really see her growth as a character and not just Yoshitsune's follower. As much as I am looking forward to Azumi's personality changes, I'm looking forward to the translations on Benkei route since I'm about half-fluent in Japanese and I would like to understand her story more.

I'm not rushing you guys regarding my donation suggestion. I usually do it for charity and don't expect anything from it since I know the work that entails with translating. I know Majikoi S translation project was hard work and people who translate don't do it full-time but more like a hobby or a summer vacation activity. 

Also regarding that Sayaka patch released by Wairu, my game crashes with some kind of "NeXus" error or something whenever I try to view/replay the H-scenes in the Gallery after I installed it. Is there a way to fix this or do I just need to save before H-scenes while playing the routes?

So Margit is the more popular route to the Japanese fans?

For one because

Kokoro's route was pretty short and shallow, but it at least it felt like a route. Margit's route was just a rough collection of h-scenes with flimsy justification. 

but yea, Margit is also more popular, she was #1 in the latest popularity poll, while Koko and Yuki weren't even in the top 10

I don't really agree with that, but that's how it is^^