Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

The last time a joint team happened, people went missing.

Ah, I see, thx for the info.

SkySpear TL decided on helping us, then just disappeared when they got halfway through.

Ah, that explains a lot. I had been super confused about the topic, cuz I saw them and you doing the same project and even sharing some of the staff. What a pity.

Couldn't you just join their team if they need the help and help you with the tools? O:

Remember the last time?

Hum, no. What last time, on what topic, what did Technos (or whoever) do and what happened? I get the feeling I'm supposed to infer a lot from what you said, but I'm not sure what do you mean, did smth bad happen with the A-1 project? =X

The last time a joint team happened, people went missing.

SkySpear TL decided on helping us, then just disappeared when they got halfway through.

Ah, I see, thx for the info.

Ah, that explains a lot. I had been super confused about the topic, cuz I saw them and you doing the same project and even sharing some of the staff. What a pity.

...It seems something bad happened back in there. That's the reason of why I'm asking for the tools you used instead of trying joining your team. I don't mean any harm, and I don't want to be a freeloader in your ranks.

Therefore, I only asked for the tools and then I would be learning on my own, so I could prepare myself to give you a hand in the following projects.

Now, that's only if you want to. If you don't, that's also fine.

Wanko best girl. End of discussion.

I rarely agree with such absolute statements, but for Wanko, I'm prepared to say she's the best girl in any VN I've ever played.

Now if Minatosoft will just release a retconned ending to her route where I don't have to go insane with rage over all that's wrong with the universe ... or God forbid I might have to start writing fanfic again, which I haven't done since before Majikoi even existed.

EDIT: And on topic, I know I've said this before but I'm so curious about Azumi. Must. Play. Azumi's route.

Huh, interesting little trivia. The seiyuu for Benkei is the same seiyuu for Aisha/Kan'U from the Koihime Musou games.

A1 English patch confirmed, has full support of manager for Shin Koihime Musou translation.

Majikoi X Koihime Musou coming soon.

Yeah, i had a post with whole list of those back in the S discussion. I recommend you check out vndb's page to see who voices what. You would be really surprised as it is full of big name seiyuus in the industry.

Btw Chika is rinrin/chouhi, Wanko is kaku/ei, Miyako is Teiiku, Kokoro is Ryoumou, margit is shuuyuu, tsubame is bakyu etc. etc.

I cant wait. Good luck guys.

And about Majikoi being a Masterpiece or not, I'd say it most definitely is. The guy that said this has it right (edited for accuracy)

"A lot of highly acclaimed VNs tends to side towards plot (F/SN, Comyu etc.) or Ragefests (Key). Very seldom you see a nice one that is plain slice of life."
Majikoi doesnt try hard to have an annoying plot or use the plot to destroy everything the characters stand for(Key, I'm looking at you), it just has fun, with amazing characters in an amazing setting, and at the end of the day, Fun is all that matters.

Also Margit, Tatsuko, and Stacy are best(Primary Colors!). Majikoi taught me that I have a thing for Onee-sans, but only in majikoi since theres really no consistency in my best girls between series.

The seiyuu for Benkei is the same seiyuu for Aisha/Kan'U from the Koihime Musou games.

I would never have guessed that. Actually, even after reading it right here, it's hard to wrap my mind around. That's a pretty skilled seiyuu to sound that different and stay complete in character for such opposite personalities.

Majikoi is simply the god of the comedy/slice of life. Each genre has its good VNs, its classics, and so on. Majikoi is, with a high probability, the best comedy/slice of life VN there is. It always surprises me when people recommend the "greatest" VNs and forget not only Majikoi, but the whole genre, as if people only played dramas and fast-paced action stories.

Majikoi is simply the god of the comedy/slice of life. Each genre has its good VNs, its classics, and so on. Majikoi is, with a high probability, the best comedy/slice of life VN there is. It always surprises me when people recommend the "greatest" VNs and forget not only Majikoi, but the whole genre, as if people only played dramas and fast-paced action stories.

I agree, although I personally think Clannad is the king of slice of life comedy with Majikoi close and high on the list.

I have a feeling that the reason it gets somewhat overlooked when it comes to "best of VN" type recognition is that it's stuck in some weird limbo between "serious" VN storytelling and a bizarre nukige ero mentality. It was around the time that

Yamato went night creeping on Chris and nobody, including Chris, found it that strange

that I realized the game wasn't quite like other AAA-level VNs.

Excuse me. Is this the Majikoi A-1 topic? Cuz i feel like all I am reading is about Majikoi and Majikoi S  :vinty:  (maybe stay on-topic?)

And to stay on-topic myself: Storyteller will be translating the whole Azumi route while Dowolf does Benkei and re-translation Sakura right? Is there by far any difference yet in their respective "Translator-Skills" ? Not that I am concerned. I was just wondering if you can already tell.  :makina: (It's a stupid question, I admit it)