Majikoi A Translation Project Discussion

If anyone has any questions or comments regarding the Majikoi A-1 Translation Project, feel free to post them here. Please stay on topic. The project can be found here.

Related: If anyone has an image similar to the one that is in the thread(for S) but for A-1, please post it here, so that I can swap it out.

This game series is quite literally the Naruto of VNs. The fan base is full of self centered visual novel players who think it's a masterpiece, yet strangely enough they refuse to let a single person comment on the flaws of the series. This game does have a lot of well known voice actors going for it, but that's about the only special thing it has to offer. It's a stereotypical otaku filled game that has mediocre plot and characters with trope personalities.

I'm sorry, but this series is at best, mediocre. Good luck with another translation.

This game series is quite literally the Naruto of VNs. The fan base is full of self centered visual novel players who think it's a masterpiece, yet strangely enough they refuse to let a single person comment on the flaws of the series. This game does have a lot of well known voice actors going for it, but that's about the only special thing it has to offer. It's a stereotypical otaku filled game that has mediocre plot and characters with trope personalities.

I'm sorry, but this series is at best, mediocre. Good luck with another translation.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I tend to agree with you, maji koi is far from a masterpiece, and I've often wondered why people consider it so. That said, it's certainly not a bad VN, and there's no reason to go around insulting those who like it. Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen anyone who gets attacked for pointing out the flaws. Hell, the entire translation team got annoyed at most of S(stupid poorly written H-scenes everywhere), and most of us dislike some/many of the characters. But overall, we like the VN, other people like the VN, so we wanted to make it so people could read it.

If it's not your cup of tea, that's one thing, but I don't see a reason to go around insulting those who do enjoy it.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I tend to agree with you, maji koi is far from a masterpiece, and I've often wondered why people consider it so. That said, it's certainly not a bad VN, and there's no reason to go around insulting those who like it. Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen anyone who gets attacked for pointing out the flaws. Hell, the entire translation team got annoyed at most of S(stupid poorly written H-scenes everywhere), and most of us dislike some/many of the characters. But overall, we like the VN, other people like the VN, so we wanted to make it so people could read it.

If it's not your cup of tea, that's one thing, but I don't see a reason to go around insulting those who do enjoy it.

As someone who personally promoted the original translation on my YouTube channel, I got attacked saying my tastes were shit because I don't like it. I'm not aiming to insult anyone for liking this game, but it does share a lot of similarities with the fan base of Sword Art Online. It seems that anyone who disagrees that the anime is bad has terrible taste and doesn't understand the "cross genre masterpiece."

As someone who personally promoted the original translation on my YouTube channel, I got attacked saying my tastes were shit because I don't like it. I'm not aiming to insult anyone for liking this game, but it does share a lot of similarities with the fan base of Sword Art Online. It seems that anyone who disagrees that the anime is bad has terrible taste and doesn't understand the "cross genre masterpiece."

If you're basing the fanbase on youtube comments, I think I've found your problem.

And the logical conclusion from all this is that you should do the same? Reply in the same currency, why not? Has that ever gone wrong?

To be fair, when the top liked material on Fuwanovel is littered with Majikoi updates, it says a lot.

Indeed. Lots of people like it. Clearly terrible material right there.

I admit, certain fanbases, especially those which grow too large, can be obnoxious. However, I don't see that as a reason to preemptively decide the material which they are a fan of must not be good.

That may not be what you did, of course, but it comes across as such regardless.

Personally, I believe Majikoi is truly a great game, mostly because I'm a huge fan of comedy, and I couldn't possibly speak as highly of Majikoi S, since it had improvements in some areas and then just dedicated all its writing to H-Scenes, which I don't like much.

It makes me feel sad and even mad when people say it's not a good game or that its overhyped when I came to love it before I noticed the fanbase at all.

Since someone else already took the honor of shitposting, I simply wish you guys much success and the best of luck. And please take breaks before you collapse or go insane.

I hope you guys won't get as annoyed or burned as you were in S. I've read Sayaka's route and I probably liked it more than most of the S routes, despite her being not that interesting.

Once again, putting in future thanks and cheering for all who work on this!
I started to play it then I got to the point where the Lazy Club are napping, or fake-sleeping? and Chris comes in. No idea what's going on, but it seemed like a fun side story. Also played A-2 and was scolded for choosing Seiso by Momoyo.

Not sure what you're looking for regarding the image tbh, I can cap the beginning choice screen of A-1 or the character select if it'll help though.

Since someone else already took the honor of shitposting, I simply wish you guys much success and the best of luck. And please take breaks before you collapse or go insane.

I hope you guys won't get as annoyed or burned as you were in S. I've read Sayaka's route and I probably liked it more than most of the S routes, despite her being not that interesting.

S was unique in suffering due to the high amount of H-scenes. That's why most of us hated it; with the exception of the Koyuki route(of which we had complaints about as well, but that's another matter), everything we did was H-scenes. Never. Ending. H-scenes. A-1 has much more story per route, which will make it at least less painful to work on. As for breaks, we did take a month off. That counts... right?

Prepare yourself for "when is it going to be finished" and "are you going to be translating Majikoi A-2" type questions

We're very familiar with these questions, since we've been getting them for over a year now.

@tiago, S's improvements on the technical end were amazing. The way they did the scripts in S compared to the original made working on them(and bug fixing) much simpler. From a content point of view, it was pretty much a letdown, due to the overwhelming amount of sex.

Once again, putting in future thanks and cheering for all who work on this!

I started to play it then I got to the point where the Lazy Club are napping, or fake-sleeping? and Chris comes in. No idea what's going on, but it seemed like a fun side story. Also played A-2 and was scolded for choosing Seiso by Momoyo.

Not sure what you're looking for regarding the image tbh, I can cap the beginning choice screen of A-1 or the character select if it'll help though.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-13%20at%202.54.3

This, but for A-1. I'm sure it exists(maybe?). If not, I'll just leave it as is.

Good luck guys! It's only natural for one person's opinions and preferences to differ with the others. I haven't ever played majikoi yet, but as far as I can see, it seems not to be a bad VN. 

Talking about H scene, I remember that I ever played Sharin - Yuukyuu in a public computer booth. I think it's safe to play on public because I will only "preview" it, in other words see only the beginning scenes. But damn that Natsumi part, I was truly shocked that right at the beginning the h-scene popped out. Thankfully, no one seems to care (but I'm sure deep inside some of them thought I'm a big pervert to play such a game on public.).

I have a similar experience of being hated because of criticizing this anime. It seems like a local fan base made me into an enemy of some sort.

To be fair, when the top liked material on Fuwanovel is littered with Majikoi updates, it says a lot.

Would like to point out the main reason for this is most likely the fact that this series was abandoned, twice.

so at this point when it gets released, the rush-hype takes a bit longer to calm down.

Let's keep the start of this thread civil, we can argue on page5 instead

jNFzJ.gif

This, but for A-1. I'm sure it exists(maybe?). If not, I'll just leave it as is.

Oh, hmm...as far as I remember so far, I haven't seen anything like that consisting of a group shot with the whole gang, maybe because it's story is centered around one of the 3? Probably just better to leave it as is, maybe replace the S with A-1?

If anyone has any questions or comments regarding the Majikoi A-1 Translation Project, feel free to post them here. Please stay on topic. The project can be found here.

Related: If anyone has an image similar to the one that is in the thread(for S) but for A-1, please post it here, so that I can swap it out.

Will this do? :3 (GIMP madskillz)

6035375.png

I downloaded all the CG from A-1 to A-4, and there was some covers, if you want to use them :

A-1

688236cover.jpg

A-2

9539587800.jpg

A-3

5744980001.jpg

A-4

722267001hawkeye0007pl.jpg

Or this one, for the entire "A" saga :

MajideWatashiniKoiShinasai-Cover-www.opl

And the world rejoice! 

I think the reason why people find Majikoi interesting is because it is a happy slice of life like story with a dab of action (Fighting and H).

A lot of highly acclaimed VNs tends to side towards action (F/SN, Comyu etc.) or tearjerkers (Key). Very seldom you see a nice one that is plain slice of life.