Need help searching for an anime

In a nutshell, I've seen this only once, but if I remember it correctly, it's quite interesting. The only things I remember are that

• the main protagonist was a student (who has to repeat his grade)
  • for some reason, he got caught in a battle between humans and umm, zombies, I think
  • he met with some girls (who are likely in some sort of organization) inside an umm, airplane I think.
  • If I'm not mistaken he had a sword as his weapon and there's a girl working with him holding a weapon something like bazooka of some sort.
  • the only memorable scene is when a zombie snuck from behind him to attack but he just nonchalantly hit the zombie without even looking back.

I'm sorry if the clues are not very helpful, but I'll be glad if you can help me find this anime.

Yup, that's it, Hakuoro-san, thank you.

I have only watched the first episode but I think it's quite good, save for its absurdity. But hey, talking about absurdity, Naruto is also absurd, but for some reasons I don't know, it's unbelievably popular. I guess all anime included in Fantasy genre will certainly have some absurdities. If I have to give this anime a score, out of ten, I'll give it 7.5.