What are you reading? Untranslated edition

Funnerific

Just finished Majikoi A-3, the second untranslated VN I've read all the way through, as Majikoi is one of my favorite VN series, I really enjoyed it, Lee route was funny as hell, Stacy was amazing, and well, can't say I was a fan of Tsubame, still can't say I am, but it was alright.

Next, either Labyrinth of Grisaia gets its 18+ English release soon and I relax for a bit, or I just keep steamrolling through Majikoi A, can't say right now

7 hours ago, melo4496 said:

Currently on Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia. Finished my first route - Ayane's.

Few comments on the game:

1. 絵がきれい
2. 妹が鬱陶しい
3. 雰囲気がいい
4. 普通なsolドラマかと思ったが、びっくりしましたわぃ。http://i.imgur.com/8DAuvp1.png

それはないわあああWTFFF

Edited by Chronopolis

It was difficult, but finished Yoru's route. The route in itself wasn't bad, and the end was touching (loved "Furyou Yoru"), but I just couldn't forget Aya...

Normally, each route are their own, so it's fine, but it's something that happened in the past, so everything DID happen. Even though I like Hatsuyuki, it's kinda lowering my opinion about him. I mean, everything he said (his resolution and all) at the end of Aya's route (so before the start of the VN) went down the drain and he just go with another girl (depending on the route you do) as if it didn't happen.

I won't say anything about the VN before the end now (I mean, I have to go through Nozomu and Shirokuma so...), but I have a question: Should I do Aya's second end before or after the true route? (Her route is totally diverging from the True, or it's kinda following it until a certain point?)

I know that Aya's second end will just break my heart more than it already is, but I want them to be together again, even if it's short.

I have to say, though, that I didn't thought I would be this invested in the VN. Or should I say the characters? (because, even if it's fun, it's not stellar) Anyway, the reason I like it is also the reason I hate it, so it's a strange feeling...

Currently reading Subarashiki Hibi. I just started It's My Own Invention. I thought Mamiya was a pretty cool and an interesting character from Down The Rabbit-Hole 2. I liked seeing this really timid kid snap

and become a cult leader.

I'm liking his perspective so far. But I have a question. I really hate Tomosane Yuuki, and I know that we read the story from his perspective in Jabberwocky and Jabberwocky 2. I heard those 2 chapters are considered the best in the VN, but will I still enjoy them despite hating that bastard's guts. I just really hate hate hate hate bullies. I'm hooked on this VN and will read it regardless, but I am wondering if that will effect my opinion of those two chapters negatively. (Regardless, if they are well written I don't think that will effect my view much. I'm just kind of emotional right now and really sympathize with Mamiya, lol). 

Played some of 竜騎士BloodySaga and am pretty disappointed. The VA, bgm, and art are all solid, and the heroines are cute enough, but the dialogue's so unremarkable. It's pretty much what you'd expect for a harem plot. It doesn't seem like the writer is trying to tell a dedicated story either. A let-down at the end of the year.

Edited by Chronopolis

Been playing Kyonyuu Fantasy 3 and so far it's been pretty good, currently at chapter 2. The world building's nice and I am appreciating how it is trying to different enough from the previous games while still remaining true to the series' theme.

Also been doing a bit of Da Capo 2 PC and beaten Akane's route which actually managed to have a nice arc, not only creating a story that makes for good foreshadowing to the revelations in Otome's route (wish MG could have licensed this version so I could appreciate it as a first time reader) but also managing to give a case where the incident with the sakura trees has a deeper affect on someone than a lot of previous cases and how the characters deal with it was actually handled pretty well too even if you knew what was going to happen.

Also finally got around to finishing Nanaka's after story in D a Capo 2 Spring Celebration. Overall okay with a pretty cute ending. So far the best one has been Minatsu's. Only Anzu and Otome left, so next will be Anzu, here's hoping it's a worthy follow up.

And, finished. A few hours ago (especially because of Aya second BS end) I would have given the VN a 8, but after finishing it, I decided to give it at least 8.5 because I really liked the end of the True Route. Anyway, from last time:

Perhaps doing Yoru's route made me stop being so focused on Aya, because the other routes were easier to read without thinking too much.

Nozomu: Even if I don't like the couple Hatsuyuki x Nozomu and the route was pretty normal, the comedy was really fun and I really enjoyed it (Particulary with the Ero Book XD).

Shirokuma: A few good comedic moments, but otherwise didn't really like it. Wasn't boring, just that I didn't care about Shirokuma.

True: Good comedy and was really good as a whole. Hatsuyuki was kinda meh (Even more in Aya second end.......... Let's not talk about it). Anyway, I was fearing the end, but I liked it.

If you take the VN as a whole, I liked it and it was good, but still, there is Aya. Well I guess we are marked by it that much because of her end. (Well, if you ignore what she says at the end of the True, you can kinda imagine she is the end girl... *flee from reality*)

Anyway, girl ranking : Aya ≥ Yoru > Sakura > Nozomu > Shirokuma

Route ranking: True > Aya > Yoru > Nozomu > Shirokuma

And that's it for my first Saga Planets VN. Don't think I'll ever do Natsuyume Nagisa as it's considered "worse" than Hatsuyuki Sakura. Kisaragi Gold Star, Karumakura Circle, Hanasaki Work Spring!, Floral Flowlove, wich one should be next?

7 minutes ago, Riku said:

Kisaragi Gold Star

Ok game.

Karumakura Circle

Good comedy stuff. Little references to Hatsusaku that makes it awesome.

Hanasaki Work Spring!

Shit don't play.

8 minutes ago, Riku said:

Floral Flowlove

Awesome stuff 10/10

On 31/12/2016 at 2:18 PM, Zalor said:

Currently reading Subarashiki Hibi. I just started It's My Own Invention. I thought Mamiya was a pretty cool and an interesting character from Down The Rabbit-Hole 2. I liked seeing this really timid kid snap

Reveal hidden contents

and become a cult leader.

I'm liking his perspective so far. But I have a question. I really hate Tomosane Yuuki, and I know that we read the story from his perspective in Jabberwocky and Jabberwocky 2. I heard those 2 chapters are considered the best in the VN, but will I still enjoy them despite hating that bastard's guts. I just really hate hate hate hate bullies. I'm hooked on this VN and will read it regardless, but I am wondering if that will effect my opinion of those two chapters negatively. (Regardless, if they are well written I don't think that will effect my view much. I'm just kind of emotional right now and really sympathize with Mamiya, lol). 

Keep reading, I found that my opinion changes after every chapter read. Personally I didn't like Mamiya after rabbit hole 2 but he turned out pretty good in the invention chapter.

Just don't forget to read Tsui no sora 2 - get a walkthrough for it if you have trouble getting to it.

20 hours ago, Jartse said:

Keep reading, I found that my opinion changes after every chapter read. Personally I didn't like Mamiya after rabbit hole 2 but he turned out pretty good in the invention chapter.

Just don't forget to read Tsui no sora 2 - get a walkthrough for it if you have trouble getting to it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to do that. 

Just finished Majikoi A-4, up next is A-5, then I guess I'll just have to feel empty inside for a week and get on with my life.

First was Rin chong's route, and well, can't say it was particularly groundbreaking or anything, although there was that one moment towards the end when Rin captured Yamato and took him to a cottage in the middle of nowhere, that was pretty surprising. Also, the BGM that played at this moment (Wavelets, I think) was really cool, and I just had to take a smoke break in order to fully understand what had just happened and get my hopes up for the end of the route. Well, I'd be lying if I said I was totally satisfied with the way things turned out, but all in all, that route was pretty decent.

Homura's route, though, was probably the best thing since sliced bread (and believe me, I was hyped af for sliced bread).

Really, just a nice sweet story about a bunch of people living together for some time and getting close to one another, a slight tinge of drama to keep things interesting, probably the cutest heroine ever (and an Amako mini route, which is nice) for overall one of my favorite routes of the series.

12 hours ago, Bandit E said:

Homura's route, though, was probably the best thing since sliced bread (and believe me, I was hyped af for sliced bread).

Really, just a nice sweet story about a bunch of people living together for some time and getting close to one another, a slight tinge of drama to keep things interesting, probably the cutest heroine ever (and an Amako mini route, which is nice) for overall one of my favorite routes of the series.

it was so cute and really enjoyable to read, I love homura so much aaaah 

I've been reading Lovesick Puppies the past few days, and damn, the VN's graphics are stunning (mainly the sprites). The BGMs aren't bad either with a few catchy ones.

Anyway, I just finished one route (Yuki), and I have to say that while the common route was really fun and all, the route was less engaging. It was still good, one of the best childhood friend route I played, but there wasn't this fun you have when everyone is here. Well, it's a problem in every VN. (And even if I say that, apparently Yuki's route is in the better side for this. Orie even play a rather major part in her route)

Now I think I will do Sonya's route (I'm not really into genki girls, but I quite like her!). Depending on how fast and how I'm into it, I will either continue or just stop here. (To be honest, I got a new game, and as much as I want to play it, I don't want to stop in the middle of a VN. Each time I did, I never continued them...)

Finished Bloody Saga, and I absolutely loved it. It fixed everything the first game did wrong in terms of genre, the new art is really pretty and the story was great. All the fighting scenes were badass and the high amount of event CGs + the light animation goes to show that much more effort went into this game compared to the first one.

My only complaints is: 1) The game got a bit repetitive during certain parts. 2) High amounts of pointless H-scenes. The H in the game was good and felt relevant for the most part, but it was simply overused. 5-6 H-scenes for each heroine really wasn't needed... If they settled at 2-3 that would have been perfect.

Other than that, it was fantastic.

Not sure what I'll read next. Currently I have Tenkiame, Tayutama 1, Gore screaming show, Sakura no Uta, Komorebi no Nostalgica and Miagete Goran on my list. I want to read them all but can't decide on one, so any help in picking one is appriciated.

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Not sure what I'll read next. Currently I have Tenkiame, Tayutama 1, Gore screaming show, Sakura no Uta, Komorebi no Nostalgica and Miagete Goran on my list. I want to read them all but can't decide on one, so any help in picking one is appriciated.

My desire to play Miagete Goran is constantly rising, so you should play it and tell us how it is.

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

I've only read Tayutama among these, but let my vote go to Sakura no Uta. What I've read of Subahibi so far has great writing.

Edited by Funnerific