What are you reading? Untranslated edition

Funnerific

Back into reading Evenicle after a short(1 month) break. I knew it was pretty long so at this rate, I'll be finished by the end of the year...

I'm almost finished with chapter 2 and this chapter focused more on politics. Character wise, so far my favorite has been Kathryn even though she only appeared for a short amount of time. I'm kind of looking forward to meeting Erimo though.

The gameplay is fun and is no surprise as it is Alice Soft. With the 3 games, including this one, I've played from Alice Soft, all three have had addicting gameplay.

On 30/1/2016 at 7:41 AM, ittaku said:

Just started Sugar+Spice2. Finished Sugar+Spice and partyparty ages ago but got sidetracked by other VNs. Hoping for as enjoyable an experience with 2 as 1.

Doesn't look like it will be...

EDIT: Let's see... it might redeem itself.

Started playing Evenicle as well. It's pretty good. Currently at chapter 3.

It has toned down ero content compared to drapeko and the rance series. Those were honestly too heavy on the ero for me, so this is nice.

So it has a nice combo of comedy, pretty nice story and alicesoft production values of gameplay etc.

On 9.2.2016 at 0:11 AM, Vorathiel said:

Hi there, japanesse-reading-master-race. :ph34r:
Did anybody from you read Imouto Paradise 2?

Sadly no, but I plan to, at some point

I have started my first true attempt to delve into Japanese nukiges with Bishoujo Mangekyou.

It's honestly some really interesting stuff, and of course it has animated H-scenes, so I can't really complain at all :makina:

I think I've progressed far enough with AkaGoei do drop some comments about it. Overall, I think this is the most difficult Japanese VN I'm reading so far. I guess that doesn't say much considering I didn't read that much Japanese VN's and the ones I've read are probably more on the simple side. But at least the Atlas translation often spits out stuff that resembles more what one would expect after several rounds of binge drinking or from a three year old kid that got his lollipop taken away. Which means I have to directly translate the sentences myself more often than usual.

Anyway, I'm really liking this VN so far for several reasons. First, it's one of the rare VN's with a balanced cast of female and male characters. All of the girls have an individual bodyguard assigned to them and all of them know each other. And although the VN has comedy parts I definitely wouldn't call it a comedy VN. This is an AkabeiSoft title and there's some pretty fucked up stuff going on below the sugar coat.

Spoiler

e28em4wb.jpg

In contrast to many pure comedy titles, this one always maintains a certain serious undertone. Some characters might be quirky and excentric but all of them can get very serious if they consider it necessary. The comedic parts are mostly because the characters are intentionally joking or teasing each other. I really appreciate that, because all too often characters in comedy titles ridicule themselves to a point that I can't take them serious anymore with the consequence that the VN looses impact.

It's also very refreshing that there are several male side characters the protagonist can hold an actual serious conversation with even if they are also joking with each other. They are still class mates after all. And the protagonist is certainly one of a kind. He's almost unpredictable, chaotic and a bit naive sometimes, but he also knows when it matters and can get pretty badass when he wants to. A really great scene was...

Spoiler

Tsuki the maid teasing him a bit like usual by ordering him from the garden to her in the house in ten seconds. He then produces suddenly an incredible stunt were he climbs to the second floor to her in time, shocking her completely about his extreme physical capabilities.

I also like all the heroines and will probably play all their routes which is pretty uncommon for me. The scenario also has a serious background of a city being dominated by violence and crimes. And Kaito, the protagonist has a rather wicked sense to teach the rich girls of the school about the dangers of street life by making stuff like...

Spoiler

...showing a puppetry where Santa Claus rapes a girl as a birthday present.

Overall, so far this is definitely a VN at least a level above what we usually get translated. If it continues that way, it might even get into my top five on G-Senjou level.

• 2 weeks later...

I've now finished my first round of cross reading Akagoei and Lovely x Cation, which means I've finished one route of each.

I had bad luck with Akagoei since I went for Moe Kanzaki's route first and it turned out just as a mere side route that wasn't all that great. While it starts interesting with a conflict in the slum district, it then turns into a strange food stand building and dojo cleaning bore fest. Even worse, when Kaito and More finally get together the route just... ends, with almost no together time :wacko:. Judging by some comments, this was supposed to be the weakest route (fortunately), so I'm optimistic that the others will be better (hopefully).

After I finished my first Akagoei route I started with Lovely x Cation. I actually didn't play a real dating sim before, so this one was kind of interesting. In contrast to most normal VN's, this one doesn't just have story choices that influence the outcome, but you also have to increase specific stats and skill like in an RPG by buying items, do training, visiting certain places etc. Each heroine has certain preferences you have to fullfill to get her and certain items or particular high stats in a certain area can unlock 'special content' :illya:.

The VN also reduces the overall story content to the bare essentials and focuses straight on the character interaction between the protagonist and the chosen heroine in a similar way like the Sono Hanabira titles. This actually works better than it sounds. Story is great if you're reading great stuff like in G-Senjou or Kara no Shoujo, but if it turns out to be just boring filler content like the dojo cleaning session for an old fart in Akagoei, you're better off without it. In a pure moege the romance interaction is the real meat anyway and you get a lot of that in Lovely x Cation (in a very literal sense :makina:).

I went for Sera first and it was very entertaining, I can't complain. She's certainly one of the hottests chicks I've seen in a while. It's a very pretty game and they compensate the lack of story content with lots of extra content for the heroines. Sera alone has six after stories (I'm playing the Mou Zutto Hatsukoi no Hibi Edition with extra content).

Anyway, the first round of the route duel goes to Lovely x Cation which I didn't really expect. I'm now starting the next round with Tae route in Akagoei and Miasa route in Lovely x Cation.

Finished AQUA by SORAHANE.

I suppose I overestimated my tolerance for sci-fi. :komari:

It's a story set in future Japan and technological advancements have brought about floating terminals and such but above all holograms with mass. Frankly there's probably much more that could've been made with that kind of technology, but we've got what we've got.

The VN is heavy on slice of life scenes, throwing in some plot from time to time. In fact, all of the initial three routes didn't leave any impact on me since the game reveals very little at that time. The reason for that is the presence of a central story in the game, where it will finally move from the countless SoL to the long-awaited explanations and developments... after some more SoL, they know you want more of that.

Don't get me wrong though, there is quite a lot of plot in this game and the last thing you want to do is open those spoilers on VNDB if you're at least somewhat interested. What is my biggest issue with it, you might ask? It can in fact be pretty well described by none other than one of the game's characters (possible spoilers).

Spoiler

mUyzVkA.png

Let's just say it's nowhere near hard science fiction.

The soundtrack is good and fitting in a nakige title. Here's a sample.

And now for the biggest drawback: no route (or H) for the best girl. Not only is she hands-down the most interesting and lovable character in the game, she actually has a huge amount of screen time, CGs and is practically at the center of the plot. It was a major disappointment.

If you're interested in SORAHANE's works, I can personally recommend Haruka Kanata. It is much more down-to-earth and believable than this game. In fact there are many reasons for suggesting it, but I'd rather not spoil any of it for you. Just make sure you install the right patch, as it is unplayable without one due to all the bugs and crashing.

P.S. Maybe I should write these in a fuwablog instead? :rimu:

• 2 weeks later...

Working my way through sugar+spice 2 and honestly... I'm bored. It's a pale shadow of the first game, reuses most of the background CGs from the 1st, has almost no interesting story to speak of. The choose-your-own non-linear path through the story is proving to this one's detriment where there doesn't seem to be much flow to the story as a result. The only redeeming thing is the choose when to try to confess to the heroine - and you may need to try multiple times and still not get her through that mechanism, which is what attracted me to it, but it's not enough to save this. The trap is annoying the hell out of me too because he's openly a guy, but is an obvious female VA, and even dresses mostly in effeminate clothing. The joke wore thin very quickly and they keep dragging it up (pun intended). I wish I'd spent my money better. Now I'm only working my way through it because I bought it and I want to get the character CGs.

Stalled himawari sadly, I just grew tired of the characters after the common route and left me with no desire to play it, I tried to be stubborn about actually finishing it, but I just couldnt hold on.

Started sorcery jokers and its amazing so far, abeit a bit hard compared to the more SoL based himanatsu.

The good thing is that I really wanted to read this for a long time which gives me motivation to read it, the down side is that I feel like I miss a lot of stuff that makes me not able to enjoy this VN fully the first time at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my next route duel between Akagoei and Lovely x Cation.

10604.jpg

I've picked Tae for my second route. The first route I played for Moe wasn't that great so I hoped for a definite improvement her. Unfortunately that did not happen. I had hoped for some more action from Kaito, but there was almost nothing of it. Instead, the route was for the most part full slice of life comedy which got rather boring after a while. And while Tae was cute like a button, she was also still a total child more in need of friends than a relationship. And since she was for the most time hanging out around her rival Reika, who was for obvious reasons not all too happy with Tae taking away her secret love, she still felt a bit lonely at the end. Her robot bodyguard Yuuki also wasn't that interesting to talk with and the late pseudo drama about him was too short to have any impact. In short words, the route felt like a side route - again. Overall: <_<

12089.jpg

Fortunately, my next route in Lovely x Cation was pretty nice again. Some parts were a bit better than Sera's, others a bit worse. The romance felt a bit more natural because the student-teacher rift wasn't as big this time because she looks younger than Sera. She also had a very unique 'madly in love' expression that was absolutely adorable. While I'd wish there would be a more solid story around it, the strong focus on romance iteraction in combination with the dating sim parts and well placed H-scenes with great art is still highly addictive. Overall: :rolleyes:

So, the current route duel state is 2:0 for Lovely x Cation. Overall, I'm a bit underwhelmed with Akagoei so far after the very strong beginning. I'm going for one of the Nikaidou girls next, who should be the main heroines, and I really hope I get a solid route for them at last. In Lovely x Cation I'll go for Yuuki the red head next in I think. Since the VN did satisfy my expectations much better so far I'm rather optimistic that it will be good.

• 3 weeks later...

Next route duel between Akagoei and Lovely x Cation. It took a bit longer than expected since I wanted to give AliceSoft's new dating sim Tsumamigui 3 a try. With Ashairo that raised my total amount of VN's I'm reading at the same time to four. I guess I should tone down a bit if I want to finish anything in reasonable time.

10602.jpg

Anyway, for my third route in Akagoei I picked Reika, the main heroine. I wasn't really happy with the previous routes so I wanted to check out what the route of the main heroine has to offer. But while Reika's route was better than the last one from Tae, it was still underwhelming. At least the first half of the route was pretty much just pointless slice of life comedy. While the comedy isn't really bad as such, it's simply get boring after a while if there's nothing else going on and almost every conversation turns into a joke festival. It somehow got better after that, but the mood shift from petty comedy to total serious was a bit too drastic for my taste. And while there was more chemistry between Keito and Reika this time I still found Reika's extreme tsundere habits a bit too over the top, especially considering Kaito's past. The final story arc also felt too short.

In a way, the VN reminds me of Grisaia a bit, an interesting protagnonist gets introduced just to waste his potential in never ending slice of life comedy scenes. However, to be fair, part of why I don't enjoy the comedy scenes that much is because there's a lot of word play involved and my Japanese simply isn't good enough to really get the same enjoyment out of it like it would be in English. Still, why I do enjoy comedy in reasonable doses, I do get bored of it pretty fast if it gets too much.

12087.jpg

Lovely x Cation continued to be like written crack for me and I finished Yuuki's route in no time. The waiting time was mostly from Akagoei. Yuuki was the first non-teacher route I played, so the whole teacher-student conflict was missing, but it was also pleasant to have a somehow more normal relationship between students of similar age for a change. Yuuki herself was a gorgeous girl and it was pretty cool that she was joining most of your afternoon trips for a date and whereever I went she had something to say. It will be pretty hard to pick my favorite girl at the end.

Spoiler

92430.jpg

I tried Tsumamigui 3 mostly becaused it looked like a dating sim similar to Lovely x Cation, just with a somehow more mature appeal. I also chose the true love route mode that avoids all the NTR competitors. Not sure if it was because of that, but the dating sim parts were almost non-existent. At the start, locations are mostly locked to one so there wasn't really a point to choose. The VN also had seven day time periods compared to the two in Lovely & Cation which was far too much for the limited choices you have. There are no stats to raise and bonus items are only bought once or twice at most. You're just picking the girl of your choice if she's available and that's it.

I've played the true love routes of the two main heroines Sayoko and Miyuri so far and it was a mixed bag somehow. Technically, it has a more solid story than LxC but the execution is lacking somehow. The VN forces you into a semi-relationship with several of the girls right from the start almost straight into H-territory, and while that might still have made 'some' sense for his old flame Miyuri, the involvement of Ai was just ridiculous. The VN was also on the brink of crossing the line to nukige territory. The art was admittedly hot, but there were also lots of repeated scenes which somehow reminded me of Beat Blades Haruka - seems to be an Alice-Soft thing. Besides that there was lots of pointless location clicking to get the super long 7-period day-cycles over, all too often with nothing happening at all. Still, I appreciate the fact that the VN knows that lingerie is hotter underwear than kids panties with teddy-bear pattern. ^_^

Next is Aya's route in Lovely x Cation and 'maybe' Aya's route in Akagoei too. Still undecided - I'm currently a bit demotivated to continue with Akagoei to be honest

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2016 at 0:42 PM, ittaku said:

Working my way through sugar+spice 2 and honestly... I'm bored. It's a pale shadow of the first game...

Well the progress of this took an unexpected turn. While I still stick to my original summary that this game is not as good as the first, it turns out my main problem was I just didn't like 2 of the heroines in the game. I played Sana's route and it was kind of boring and then Kaoruko's who I actually didn't like and ended up skipping through a lot of it. After that I decided to turn to the cousin route, Fuuka, and I was pleasantly surprised.

One unusual thing about this game is you need to actually go through each girl's route 3 times to be able to get most of the important scenes for them. When you finish a route it asks you if you want to save the girl's goodwill towards you for the next time you play through the game. The idea is that you can play the game through again and it takes a relatively different storyline if you choose different scenes to play with the girl. In principle it sounds good but the reality is once you've played through a heroine's route once she is not that interesting for the second time around so I ended up skipping all the scenes I'd already played and tried to get H scenes that were still locked - and you can't get them unless you play them multiple times. The nice thing is you can configure it to just choose "skip" for scenes you've already played through, but you still get the heroine's goodwill towards you for playing that scene. Each scene has a list of girls and whether they appear in that scene or not which gives you an idea of if they'll develop goodwill towards you or not.

The other thing is that you get to choose when to confess to the girl of your choice and you may have to confess more than once for the girl to respond favourably, depending on just how much goodwill she has towards you. On multiple plays, you may not even need to confess to her at all, she may confess to you or you may end up together after a particularly good storyline scene. How early you can confess improves on 2nd and 3rd play throughs.

Now what made Fuuka's route interesting was I actually liked her, and by the time I played her route I'd played all the regular common scenes so I could just skip through them (which doesn't even play it at fast speed, it just acknowledges that the scene has been played). But more importantly, her H scenes were not really that contrived by eroge standards and rather hot. Finally each heroine route has one major drama to deal with and hers was totally and completely unexpected to me. The annoying thing is this game would earn a completely different tag on vndb but since it's the end of her route it would be a major spoiler so you won't even know it's there till either you play it or you have it completely spoiled.

Major spoiler tag in the unlikely even any of you will ever play this.

Spoiler

Even though she is his cousin, she ends up being his true blood related sister. I thought this would be a mistake and then be unravelled in a later scene but they do in fact end up together and acknowledge it's very real. Furthermore, while the drama surrounding it is relatively light and not that hard to read or handle, the response of people and family around him ends up being quite comical instead of disastrous. They never really explore what happens long term and the real difficulties it involves but then again that's in keeping with how light hearted the game really is.

I still hold that there are too many random scenes that aren't really relevant once you've chosen the heroine's route but then you only need to choose the 'love' choices and ignore the rest but then they all seem a waste and it feels strange reading scenes that are neutral with the girls once you've apparently got a girlfriend. Nonetheless after the first play through this game actually gets better and more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the two last routes of Lovely x Cation for Aya and Yuni. Both were a bit weaker than the previous ones though.

12088.jpg

Aya's route suffered from the fact that she was a bit too distanced to really make the protagonist getting together with her feel real. Technically, that was part of the plot because she was supposed to be an introvert, but the relationship between her and the protagonist appeared a bit artificial and I never really felt a good chemistry between them. She also had some S&M tendencies that felt a bit awkward and out of place.

12086.jpg

Yuni's route actually started rather promising until the writer decided to force a little rape drama into it. :amane: Naturally, the protagonist turned into a bit of an ass for that and the rest of the route was spent for lots of 'I was such a bad boy' regrets until the happy reconciliation ending. Since it was approached in a semi-serious way, it somehow gave me a rather uncomfortable feeling. It would have been better they would have sticked to what they've done best so far and delivered just another feel good moege route.

Favorite girls: Yuuki > Sera & Miasa >> Yuni > Aya

I really liked the teacher couple of Sera and Miasa, but Yuuki's open liveliness was so charming that I'd rate her even a tiny bit higher. Despite the last two weaker routes, it was overall still a very enjoyable VN. It had a bit of a 'chocolate effect' though, which means it does focus so much on sweet romance interaction that I also feel a bit saturated from it. So I won't continue with Lovely x Cation 2 immediately.

Final rating: 8/10

I also finished Tsumamigui 3 which was okay somehow, though I only played the true love routes for Sayoko, Miyuri and Sumire. It had admittedly some very hot art, but it also had several problems that lessened the experience. The dating system wasn't as good and it had far too much day time periodes. The story also was too over the place to really have an impact, especially with Jinno Ai constantly harassing the protagonist. The constant scene and CG reuse was also pretty annoying.

Favorite girls: Sayoko > Miyuri > Sumire >>> Ai

Final rating: 7/10

Still Aya's route to play to finish Akagoei, which shouldn't take too long anymore (hopefully). Next Japanese VN's I want to play are probably AkabeiSoft3's Seikishi Melty ☆ Lovers because I'm in urgent need of my regular dose of knight girls. I also want to play Eushullys Ikusa Megami Zero and maybe give its apparently not so good translation patch a try. And if I can find the time I'll also have a look at Astronaut's Verethragna.

10 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I also want to play Eushullys Ikusa Megami Zero and maybe give its apparently not so good translation patch a try.

dont, just dont. the supposed to be "amazing" tl does not only sound pretty off, its also full of (minor-major) mistranslations, basically saying that by decide on doing so your enjoyment-level is bound of going straight to the fucks. really now.

3 minutes ago, XReaper said:

dont, just dont. the supposed to be "amazing" tl does not only sound pretty off, its also full of (minor-major) mistranslations, basically saying that by decide on doing so your enjoyment-level is bound of going straight to the fucks. really now.

Well, it'll probably depend on if my translation skills using a text hooker are that much better. This will probably be the most difficult Japanese VN I try to read yet. Not to mention that I already gave it a try months ago and didn't understand the game system - I couldn't even make it out of the tutorial alive. :vinty: Maybe the patch at least helps me to figure out how the game system works.

at least consider using nothing else but the interface patch, because you´re definitely better off reading its story by your own, even if the jp-understanding of yours might be only rudimentary, trust me there.

• 4 weeks later...

While I'm somewhat slow with English VN's, at least I seem to be able to finish some Japanese stuff lately.

10603.jpg

I've finished the last route I wanted to play in Akagoei with the one from Aya Nikaidou. Well, technically it 'should' have been her route, but in reality it somehow turned out more like one for her bodyguard Takanori. The majority of the route did consist of Kaito and Takanori arguing with each other like two immature teenagers. It was mostly comedy, but in all honesty those two guys were so obsessed with teasing each other that I wouldn't have been surprised anymore if the route would have turned BL on they way. Aya unfortunately got the short end of the stick, ending up more as a side character with some tagged on H-scenes. And that's a bit of a shame since I really liked her as a character.

Overall, the VN probably did a decent job in the comedy department, but in terms of story or romance it falls apart. Reika probably had the only route where the story had some substance, but none of them provided a good romance. I unfortunately couldn't appreciate it as much because there was a lot of word play involved which all too often exceeded my Japanese language skills. So I'm certainly to blame here too. I skipped Tsuki's and *spoilers* routes despite liking them because Tsuki was too loli and *spoiler* still looked a bit too *spoiler* for me.

Heroine rankings: Aya > Moe > *spoiler* > Tsuki > Tae > Reika.

Final rating: 6.5/10 (Though I would have probably rated it higher in English)

25822.jpg

I've also finished Verethragna about 2 weeks ago. Well, it involved lots of skipping of pointless character events, and I don't think I would have finished it if I wouldn't have fallen into a short card game addiction which ended up in me installing Spellweaver and Magic - Duels on Steam. While the card game in Verethragna might not be the most complex one, it's fast and addictive, has good card art and some additionally gimmicks in the meta game like card leveling.

It also isn't too hard to figure out an effective strategy. Usually, I used two armour breakers to make way and then used a mana generation card in combination with a nuke from a T4 monster to kill the leader with one hit. If you focus on just one leader card + crew there shouldn't even be much grinding involved. It was a bit more in my case since I leveled both Kisskill and Leah and a bunch of creatures up to high levels. Leah in particular was brutal since she had -1 deploy cost for each creature and I could run around with three green dragons. The only situation where I really had to grind a while was the end boss.

Unfortunately, the rest of the game wasn't as great as the card game. The story about the 'living cards' from the parallel dimension had potential, but trying to force a dozen heroines into one route couldn't end well. About 2/3 of the heroines only acted as plain H-scene deliverers and shouldn't have been heroines at all. It might have still been kind of okay if you would have at least been allowed to just pick the ones you're interested in, but noooooo you had to 'do' them all. They should have at least focused on the card heroines. Having the protagonist 'sliming' himself through the school girls was just *ugh*. :wafuu: 

And there was so much potential. Having heroines as leader cards was literally screaming for heroine routes as a way to have replays with different leader and creature card combinations. But unfortunately Astronauts doesn't seem to understand the simple concept of a heroine route. Even worse, I think I got about 60% of the character events AFTER I had beaten the final end boss. What the hell were they thinking?! Still, the card game was fun, but I think I'm slowly giving up my hopes to get a (worthy) successor for Kiriya Shimai from them.

Heroine rankings: Leah > Kisskill > Suzuna > Satis > don't care.

Final rating: 7/10 (Mostly for the card game, the rest was barely a 6/10)

22360.jpg

And finally, for my moege needs I've finished two left-over routes from Walkure Romanze Retell 1 & 2. Noel's in Retell 1 was better than expected while Akane's in Retell 2 was 'unusual' to say the least. I was almost falling from the chair when her route suddenly went harem. Usually, Walkure Romanze is strictly one girl.

Final rating: 7.5/10

Anyway, since I've now finished all that left-over stuff, I've now time for Ikusa Megami and Seikishi Melty ☆ Lovers. :rolleyes:

still far away pretending to be helping out in a clients kitchen, but managed to finish my read of モミジは紅く其の身を染めて whilst hiding in a nearby toilette. first thing first, contrary to some fags wrongful perception of ao-titles being aimed at a kindergarden-ish crowd only this one is clearly not and except for some minor elements of kitsch almost everything about it is more or less rather mature. what starts out with a certain pastrelated incisive incident is followed shortly after by seemingly peaceable moments of deluding oneself under the assumption of finally having moved on and ultimately ends up in a nightmare when sins of the olden days start shredding that protective little husk of yours to pieces. though the authors attempts of creating something with literay value by adding some philosophical aspects are a little clumsy at times and not that well executed, the overall atmosphere of angst and guilt is what momiji exells at, not to mention the desperate struggle for absolution/salvation as its core-theme. in short, while certain passages appear a little out of place, btw. strange (you know what i mean when you get there :P), the read as awhole does not and feels very much human. negative emotions and the consequent amplification of theirs as the story progresses is what stands out the most, making it a gloomy experience from start to finish with even the main ending itself having a grave aura of unaccomplishment to it, similar to fraternites one, a fact which might come to annoy few, but which plays a pivotal role in what it tries to accomplish. 救いがあっても、結局代償を払っているので、本当のハッピーエンドとは言えない……。that one sums it up.
the game offers quite alot of bad outcomes (partly real bad ones) which can be a little tricky to reach, but with ones brains intact this should be a doable read in about 30-35h. as for the specs, no voices, music pleasantly befitting the atmosphere/plot and a resolution which transmutes your eyeballs into bleeding lumps of flesh, literally. but since this title is basically available for less than a cheap meals worth there´s no real point in try complaining/nitpicking.

to me it´s a solid 8,5, forwhy it managed to accomplish what it tried to & gave my mind a much needed fuckup.

On 2016/5/18 at 11:23 AM, XReaper said:

at least consider using nothing else but the interface patch

You should not touch anything from NekoHen, not even the interface patches! This guy has no clue what he's doing, neither in Japanese nor in English. Even something as simple as an interface translation he completely screws up.

If you want to play an Eushully game without knowing enough Japanese to read everything without tools, the only good solution is to use ITH with a good H-Code which captures everything and then linking the important threads together.
Except for Arterial and Madou Koukaku. These two have great interface patches you can safely use. But don't use NekoHen, never ever.

1 hour ago, ChaosRaven said:

I've also finished Verethragna about 2 weeks ago. Well, it involved lots of skipping of pointless character events, and I don't think I would have finished it if I wouldn't have fallen into a short card game addiction which ended up in me installing Spellweaver and Magic - Duels on Steam. While the card game in Verethragna might not be the most complex one, it's fast and addictive, has good card art and some additionally gimmicks in the meta game like card leveling.

I was kinda the same. I absolutely hated the storyline of making everyone your bitch (by raping, but that's perfectly fine because you are such an overpowered alpha male!), but the card battle system was great.
I didn't think the battle system was very grindy or easy to exploit though. I had a lot of fun making different elemental decks, because every element uses a slightly different strategic approach and building a good deck around this was pretty challenging and interesting. There were always some harder enemies to fight against to test your skills. Good balancing.

They reused the same system in Tou no Shita no Exercitus but completely broke the game mechanics by introducing game breaking overpowered cards thus ruining the whole game. It's a shame, because it had the potential to be a light hearted version of Verethragna.

I really can't stand Astronaut Sirius's approach to dark nukige. OP protagonist, a harem of retarded bitches, boring villains, uninteresting linear story. Dungeon of Regalias is exactly the same ... and I played it nonetheless because I'm a sucker for good gameplay and Astronaut Sirius delivers in this regard. ~.~

On 12.6.2016 at 7:27 PM, Tyrosyn said:

I didn't think the battle system was very grindy or easy to exploit though. I had a lot of fun making different elemental decks, because every element uses a slightly different strategic approach and building a good deck around this was pretty challenging and interesting. There were always some harder enemies to fight against to test your skills. Good balancing.

Until mid game I had several elemental decks too, but after that I had to focus on one deck since I simply hadn't enough crystals left to level up all my high tier creatures beyond level 25. Not even all of my green dragons were level 50 at the end.

Unfortunately, I had to stick to rather basic strategies (mainly T4 nukes) since I couldn't hook the card descriptions. If there wasn't a big number indicating huuuge damage, it wasn't easy to figure out the card effect. :(

On 2016/6/12 at 9:10 AM, XReaper said:

still far away pretending to be helping out in a clients kitchen, but managed to finish my read of モミジは紅く其の身を染めて whilst hiding in a nearby toilette. first thing first, contrary to some fags wrongful perception of ao-titles being aimed at a kindergarden-ish crowd only this one is clearly not and except for some minor elements of kitsch almost everything about it is more or less rather mature. what starts out with a certain pastrelated incisive incident is followed shortly after by seemingly peaceable moments of deluding oneself under the assumption of finally having moved on and ultimately ends up in a nightmare when sins of the olden days start shredding that protective little husk of yours to pieces. though the authors attempts of creating something with literay value by adding some philosophical aspects are a little clumsy at times and not that well executed, the overall atmosphere of angst and guilt is what momiji exells at, not to mention the desperate struggle for absolution/salvation as its core-theme. in short, while certain passages appear a little out of place, btw. strange (you know what i mean when you get there :P), the read as awhole does not and feels very much human. negative emotions and the consequent amplification of theirs as the story progresses is what stands out the most, making it a gloomy experience from start to finish with even the main ending itself having a grave aura of unaccomplishment to it, similar to fraternites one, a fact which might come to annoy few, but which plays a pivotal role in what it tries to accomplish. 救いがあっても、結局代償を払っているので、本当のハッピーエンドとは言えない……。that one sums it up.
the game offers quite alot of bad outcomes (partly real bad ones) which can be a little tricky to reach, but with ones brains intact this should be a doable read in about 30-35h. as for the specs, no voices, music pleasantly befitting the atmosphere/plot and a resolution which transmutes your eyeballs into bleeding lumps of flesh, literally. but since this title is basically available for less than a cheap meals worth there´s no real point in try complaining/nitpicking.

to me it´s a solid 8,5, forwhy it managed to accomplish what it tried to & gave my mind a much needed fuckup.

Not a single capital letter xD

Just started リズベルルの魔, a doujin game I learned about from the Doujin Game of the Year, otherwise known as #どげさ

Pretty hyped. The graphics and music are way better than the last thing I played.

Spoiler

qcxJJwM.png

Woww the art looks a lot better in game than I thought. Also, that armpit.

C5Jbe81.png

Clockwork-fairy?

LGtkYso.png

Those are some interesting menu labels.

cL4sTn9.png
Put on a bit of weight, missy!

It's all very little-girlish, but I secretly like that stuff a little since apparently it's a plot-ge with a crazy setting I appreciate that the creators chose to create their own particular mood.