Have you ever made this mistake

InvertMouse

• 1 month later...

One time I lost track of time that really freaked me out.  

Every Wednesday, I had a mandatory class that I could not miss.. or I would fail.  So it was a Tuesday, and I had a really long day so when I got home, I ended up taking a nap because I was so tired.  I woke about 3hrs later that evening, and then started talking to an online friend.  All of a sudden, I looked at my clock and saw it was 7pm and I flipped out!  I was telling my friend, "OMG, I missed my class!! I'm going to fail! Noooo!"  ..then my friend, confused, asked me if I was on drugs or something. Ahahaha

I'm not sure why, but I thought it was 7pm Wednesday, which meant I would have missed my mandatory class.  My friend reassured me that it was still Tuesday and so I calmed down.  Lol... I guess my nap tricked me into thinking I slept a whole day. :rolleyes:

I find completely losing track of what time it is through disorientation to be a strangely relaxing or comforting experience. Whenever something happens like you've just described, it actually makes my day that little better :sachi:

If I could just hang on to said disorientation with no consequences whatsoever it could be nice. Sadly, since I almost always need to know the time whenever I get that feeling, so I have to kill the illusion myself, which sucks. 

I actually did the opposite of this. I was on holiday in hamburg with my mum and my little sister, my mum told me to get to sleep by 12am. My ipad said 11:45 and my mum got angry and asked why I'm still up and I said there's still 15 minutes till 12.then my mum said "Germany is an hour ahead, you idiot" and I felt extremely stupid after that. 

Oh btw

You might've heard, due to upcoming elections Turkey didn't take back clocks by an hour (as rest of the world did). We're currently on what someone on Twitter aptly named "Erdogan Enforced Standard Time". 

The thing is, this wasn't announced beforehand. What happened is that all electronic devices DID take themselves back by an hour, generating mass confusion.  #SaatKaç ("What's the time?") was trending on Turkish Twitter.

My computer's still an hour late, I think. What happened is that last night I looked at the computer's clock, which was 00:05. I thought "Oh, it's past midnight. Better sleep now, last night I slept around 1:30 and didn't get enough sleep". 10 minutes later, I'd drunk some water and was going to my room to sleep when I heard my dad mumble to himself "It's 1:15 already..."

MFW I realized the computer's time was an hour late

My friend's grandpa had this kind of episode but ended in a tragic way. I believe somewhere along the line, the grandpa sleepwalked and got rather disoriented and confused, went out the house then decided to sleep in the middle of the road. Then wham, a car just ran over the poor guy. It is a scary thought, so now I lock the doors of my bedroom as insurance...

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Glad that I don't sleepwalk.  Instead I have the opposite problem and have to worry about rare cases of sleep paralysis instead, oh joy...

Back to the original topic...

I'm fairly sure the absolute worst I've had this happen was when I finished my undergraduate and I basically completely hikkimomori'd for half a year afterward.  I only came out at night, I barely interacted with other people, and basically just vegged for a bit.  I distinctly remember starting a day thinking it was Thursday, and I went through most of the day thinking it was Thursday.  I later went to my local miniatures/card game store thinking it was Thursday and I would get my normal Thursday night games in... and it wasn't Thursday.  It was Sunday.

I still have no idea how I got that badly off.

---

Oh, and I will also say this:

Even though I'm graduated with my master's degree and have finished my planned schooling, every so often I still wake up going NOOOO LATE FOR EXAM!!!... followed by swearing as blissful reality sets in.  I can only hope that will fade as I grow older.

It happens. I remember that after I took rest, I woke up and all of the sudden I thought that "how many days have I slept", and then I look at the time and it was only for 30 min. Normally, my sense of time is bad, just like one time when I was doing my work in the weekend on PC, and then for some reason I thought that it's night now. So, I was surprised when I saw the time and then I said "oh it's still morning".

Once I woke up at 6am thinking it was 10 am I was really late for school , so I rushed and hit my teeth with the corner of my window , which I had left open the previous night . it hurt like hell , but when I saw it was 6am I immediately fell asleep . the next time I woke up I had blood all over my sheets and a there were shred of my teeth 

Damn, I would actually enjoy this kind of scenario.

I had a friend who accidentally woke up at like 2 am and then she went on her usual "morning" run down at the river. She thought it was unusually dark but kept going regardless... This river is not the safest area at night. Fortunately nothing bad happened.