How to translate and play untranslated Visual Novel on Emulators [PSP/PSX/PS2/DS/GameCube/Wii]

Styler00Dollar

After several months of research, testing and trying, I decided to collect all my information and post it here.

I guess there are many people who are interested in playing VN´s on different platforms, since some games are only on them, but their only problem is the lack of japanese. In this Guide I will help to this topic.

I don´t know why I nearly nowhere people talk about this topic, but correct me if I am wrong. I decided to write the "Ultimate Guide" for this topic "Hook text from emulators".

Some important notes before I begin:

• Currently I only tested PSP and PS2 for myself and they work. GameCube and Wii are tested by VNR Wiki. PSX is tested by Don Dullian. And DS by MX-Futhark. I still try to gather information. But be aware that currently the methods I found only work to a certain extent. Until now there isn´t any method that will work nearly everywhere like on PC. Now the hooking of other platforms is still under work and not every game will work. A list with tested games will be here, so you can see results of others.
  • You need to start everything as admin! Everytime you start all programms as admin because there are sometimes rights used by programms that extend the frame of normal users. To go sure that some errors won´t be because of that, start everything always as admin!
  • You will find all links for the programms that are used here in the provided demonstration videos, and some useful links in this Google Docs list.
  • If you want to use the hex method, you need to configure Cheat Engine before you start, sometimes it is required to do it, sometimes not, depends on the emulator after all. But do it to go sure, so the method won´t fail because of that:
    • Go to Cheat Engine
    • Go to Settings
    • Go to Scan Settings
    • Enable "MEM_MAPPED"

Here is a list with all the information I know until now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17oyxmyedaMGc7c2_-48XXdsJCR7FjftakH3MIysMILk/edit?pli=1#gid=0

~Example with the methods that work with several emulators on PSP Games~

Until now, after all my research on this topic, I found out that there are currently 3 methods:

• VNR
  • ITHVNR
  • Hex

PPSSPP/VNR

This is currently the most common way, because I think that many use VNR. Be aware that this method does have an avarage success rate.

Important: You can´t use "PPSSPPWindows64.exe". Use "PPSSPPWindows.exe", this is supported on every Windows.

For more information: http://sakuradite.com/wiki/en/VNR/PSP

Video Tutorial:

Written:

Programms you need:

• PPSSPP v.0.9.8 or v.0.9.9 (Be aware that v.0.9.9.1 won´t hook text. And you should test always both revisions because the results can differ)
  • VNR

1. Start PPSSPP and load the game. Continue until you can see the ingame text.

2. Start VNR and wait until it is fully loaded.

(Note: Sometimes you need to experiment. Start VNR first and then PPSSPP, but like I said earlier is recommended.)

3. Go to the magnifying glass in VNR.

4. "Select the process of running game." (Be aware that you must take this option.)

5. After finishing, go to "Text settings".

6. Play a bit and wait until some text will pop up. (Sometimes you must wait for a longer time or give up after you find only garbage or no text)

7. Save the current box as dialog and play like you do in VNR.

Ok, in this method it is like you would do in the normal VNR usage, it shouldn´t be something new for you guys.

Very important notes:

• Never start PPSSPP from the VNR HUD!
  • Never close VNR before you close PPSSPP. It will result in a crash!
  • Do not use fast foreward! It will make the chance smaller that you find the text, because VNR will have trouble finding it.
  • You need to redo all these steps for every game! And if you change the game, then restart all programms too!

PPSSPP/ITHVNR

This is something for people who prefer the ITH interface instead of the VNR interface. ITHVNR is simply ITH with VNR Engine. Be aware that ITH won´t work!

Important: You can´t use "PPSSPPWindows64.exe". Use "PPSSPPWindows.exe", this is supported on every Windows.

For more information: http://sakuradite.com/wiki/en/VNR/PSP

Video Tutorial:

Written:

Programms you need:

• PPSSPP v.0.9.8 or v.0.9.9 (Be aware that v.0.9.9.1 won´t hook text. And you should test always both revisions because the results can differ)
  • ITHVNR

1. Start PPSSPP and load the game. Continue until you can see the ingame text.

2. Start ITHVNR.

3. "Process"->Attach "PPSSPPWindows.exe"

4. Play the game a bit and wait until ITHVNR will find threads.

5. After some time he should find the text.

(Note: Idolm@ster seems to be bugged and is not so easy to hook. Select "Pause when not focus" in PPSSPP. Here a video with a tutorial for the ITHVNR Method:)

Note: Because ITHVNR and VNR are based on the same hooking engine, the results of hooking text in Visual Novel will be the same! The exact same results will be displayed in both of them!

Even if it is bugged like Idolm@ster, it will work with VNR too. Just enable "Ignore infinite cyclic repetition in the text".

JPCSP/Hex

This is something diffent that you will know until now. But this is the best method until now to hook text. I had with this method the best success rate with emulators.

Video Tutorial:

Note: You can use anywhere, for example for PC Visual Novel that don´t work with current tools. Example: HapyMaher don´t work with any tools I tried. The game doen´t create a process and you can´t find the windows in taskmaneger. You will get a bunch of errors if you try the common way, so this can be more useful than you thought.

Written:

• VNR (You don´t need VNR actually, you need "MODI OCR" that is a feature of VNR)
  • JPCSP (I only tested v0.7 until now)
  • Cheat Engine
  • TA (It can be used, but it don´t feature UTF-8 itself. See the note for a better way.)

1. Start VNR, JPCSP and Cheat Engine.

2. Play in JPCSP until you can see the ingame text.

3. Use "MODI OCR" that you can find in VNR. Default usage: "Shift"+"left mouse".

4. Select the text and wait until a box will appear.

5. If you are lucky, there will be the text you need, copy it. (Note: If it failed, try again. If you can´t japanese at all, this part is based on luck.)

6. Go to Cheat Engine and select "java.exe"

7. Select "Pause the game while scanning", select Value Type on "Array of byte" and finally check "Hex" near the Value Box.

8. Now you have 3 options, there will be 3 possibilities. Either it is SHIFT-JIS/SJIS or UTF-8 or UTF-16. You need to test yourself if you don´t know for sure.

(More information about that: http://sakuradite.com/wiki/en/VNR/Game_Engine )

9. Paste your encode in the value box and search, if it found something, you are lucky. If not, try the other decode or it simply won´t work with this method.

10. After you find around 5 threads I would assume, you need to find the right thread. Play a bit in the Emulator.

11. If something in the Emulator changed, to select that and "Browse this memory region".

12. Don´t dare to scroll, this is the text you can see now. Sometimes the text is 4 bytes earlier or simply is not at the start, don´t worry about it. If you got until here you can get the full dialog.

13. Select from the first line and until some zeros. (Like I said, sometimes you need to find the exact start.)

14. Now copy the text, convert it back with the encode you used and now you can translate it.

Note: MX-Futhark started to create HAT (Hook any Text), a plugin for Cheat Engine. It will copy and encode the selected region in Cheat Engine for you. You simply can open TA in the background and play it, the text will appear there. The good thing, it will do the copy and paste on his own. And the best thing, it does support UTF-8!

The thread: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11298-i-made-a-prototype-of-text-hooker-for-emulated-games/

[Warning: It took me several weeks to find a solution to a problem I had in the past with HAT. http://imgur.com/7vEXDtn The solution, HAT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CHEAT ENGINE 6.5! Use 6.4.]

And here the same method with a step by step guide and pictures: http://mx-futhark.github.io/hook-any-text/demos/demo01/presentation.html

Here another manual guide with more text: https://github.com/MX-Futhark/hook-any-text/wiki/User-Manual

(both by FX-Futermark)

Now to the other platfroms, but I don´t really know what I should really say. This 3 methods are currently always the same for every platform. It means, do these steps in the emulator you need and try to hook the text. I thought about to do videos soon, but it will be every time the same thing, the only thing that changes is, that you use a different emulator. More information in the Google Docs list.

Emulators tested:

• JPCSP (Only v.0.7 tested)
  • PPSSPP (Only v.0.9.8 and v0.9.9 will work with VNR/ITHVNR)
  • PCSX (Only PCSX 1.2.1 tested)
  • DeSmuMe
  • PSXFIN
  • ePSXe (Only v.1.9 tested)
  • Dolphin (VNR Wiki said that only " 4.0" will work.)

Emulators that I want to test in the future (Yes, they are getting real, but nothing is running currently fine. Everything and everywhere is filled with bugs and gliches. But some Visual Novel are even currently playable.):

• WIIU (Cemu) [Games are working good, need to test hooking]
  • XBOX (Xenia/XQEMU) [Currently testing, 2 out of 2 tested games haven´t beem able to hook]
  • 3DS (Cirtra) [Currently testing]
    • http://imgur.com/NNwQmkL After the newest fix I was able to test ingame too, took a while to fix that blackscreen error for that game, it works with Pokemon.
  • PS3 (RPCS3) [Currently testing]
    • It is actually possible to get the hex method working with the emulator. Till now I wasn´t able to test much but the fact that it is actually working says that it should work for a bunch of games. If I will be able to test more with some Visual Novel games, I will show some more information.
    • http://imgur.com/VkKKRAC

Here 3 example videos for emulated PS3 Visual Novel, see yourself, the future is near for emulated games, I hope the hex method could work on them.

1. Rpcs3 WIP DX12 - GamePlay 60 fps - Shin Hayarigami
  2. Rpcs3 WIP DX12 - GamePlay 60 fps - Harem Tengoku
  3. Rpcs3 WIP DX12 - Ore No Imoto - GamePlay ~12 fps

Now, my final note about this topic. I personally recommend to try the VNR or the ITHVNR method first, because I like that interface. If they will fail, try the Hex method. And if that fail too, your only hope is MODI OCR, but that will be painful, since it isn´t working that good sometimes.

If someone does know more about this topic, any help is appreciated. And if anybody planned to help me with the list, write me. I will add your hooking results and your name in that list. Do not copy this list and do not post it anywhere else! I worked hard to get all this information.

And a note to the people who will be so nice to help me. I will trust you, that means, that I won´t check your results in hooking if I will add them. I recommend to do the provided method with a game that I already tested and is in that list so you can get the feeling how anything will work. I personally tested my games like 10 times, so i can go sure. I won´t tell you what to do, but the best thing would be a small video or a picture, like Don Dullian did it for me. In that way I can go sure that the method failed, and not you, and write the notes on my own.

The only thing I want is: "Emulator (+Version)" "Name of the VN" "Hooking method" "Result (Working/Incompatible/Having Problems)" "Notes".

Note: I will try to keep this topic up to date.

So still playing majikoi s, all i have to do is momoyo's route, tsubame's route and then childhood and yukie... god i hope the childhood route is not what i think <but probably will be>, I've even started to skip through the h scenes

Forcing myself to play majikoi and majikoi s fully really changed the way i look at some parts of visual novels, this vn...

Nice! I really wish people would cooperate testing games and sharing the results. I think a lot can be done with all the info you've collected. Why don't you share that GoogleDocs page where you were keeping a record of your results? I'll try sending over to you my results I've told you about soon, but I'd like to test a bit more, like several versions of some emulators. 

Also, will try making a video showing how I hooked that couple of PSX VNs :3 You could add it to this, though it's the same hex method, now with the handy add-on of Hook Any Text. But I guess the point would be showing that it's possible. 

I will try to see if it works with Second Novel ~ Kanojo no Natsu, 15fun no Kioku~  :D

EDIT: nope, didn't work with any of the solutions :(

Did you try the hex method?

Nice! I really wish people would cooperate testing games and sharing the results. I think a lot can be done with all the info you've collected. Why don't you share that GoogleDocs page where you were keeping a record of your results? I'll try sending over to you my results I've told you about soon, but I'd like to test a bit more, like several versions of some emulators. 

Also, will try making a video showing how I hooked that couple of PSX VNs :3 You could add it to this, though it's the same hex method, now with the handy add-on of Hook Any Text. But I guess the point would be showing that it's possible. 

Did you try the hex method?

I tried but I gave up really fast on that one to be honest because it's just not worth it to read it like that, I did try a lot of things with ith and vnr but the best I did was to get some weird text out of it, the first time I got some repeated text over and over again "gwgwgw"

First, I said that you should wait sometimes in ITHVNR or VNR until they will find the text. (I admit it, until now you aren´t able to say if they aren´t able to find the text or just searching for a longer time. This factor is completely random. So you need to be patient. You only can say that they can´t hook anything if really not a single thread is displayed the whole time.) It isn´t like it will find the text instantly. VNR/ITHVNR are searching for the text in the game, they don´t know where the text is located. Sometimes they don´t find the text even if it worked jsut fine just some time ago. That´s why I said I test my stuff over and over again. Yes, sometimes they will only garbage, but sometimes it takes a while. Because of that VNR/ITHVNR are giving possibilities about where it could be. It isn´t like hooking text from PC Visual Novel. VNR/ITHVNR do their job good enough there. PC VN´s are really easy compared to this, because the result there is nearly instantly. (Just a comparision, some people played like 5 mins or more to get their text from emulators.)

And I said that the Hex method is the best and you should try it out if nothing worked. May not with a that good interface, but it provides the best result. You said it isn´t worth to play it like that? Did you viewed the note? You can simply automatise the steps. Until now I can say there was a better success rate, but I can´t give more information or statistics due lack of testing. (12 Hex tested games aren´t enough.) And you should know that different revisions of the programms give different results. (That was the experience that I had in the past.) I don´t blame you, but this are important things to know, and if someone is trying to do this, you can´t do it fast and say that it isn´t working. Ok, I don´t know how long you tried, but I wanted to say this stuff at least one time here in this thread. This method can be the same, but the way you are doing it matters and does influence the final result. At the moment VNR/ITHVNR is based more on luck than it should.

I did try for like 15 min of reading, and ith for example only had 1 extra thread to work with which only dumped that randoms letters "gwgw" same thing wit ithvnr, it did not however at any time have more than 2 threads to search the text.

I did also try with both emulators and different versions of them, for example using the newest versions o ppssp didnt give me anything to work with from the start but trying with older versions did give me that extra one thread, the java emu didnt give me anything from the start like the newer versions of ppssp.

To be clear I didnt use save states nor I use the "turbo mode" with the emus.

Does the hex method work? I'm sure it does because there is no way it shouldn't work but like I said even if you "automatize" the process is really a pain to read a vn like that at least it is for me I'm sure there is other people who will find it useful but for me particularly it's not.

Ok, I think you tested correctly. I will add these results in my list. You know, because that will be new for some people, I thought I should point out where I did mistakes in the past.

And you should know that the newer versions of PPSSPP don´t have compatibility for hooking text. You won´t be able to hook anything. Thants why I said v.0.9.8 and v.0.9.9 only (v.0.9.8 recommended).

I personally can understand that, I don´t like TA that much. I like the floating text while playing in full screen that VNR makes. But until now this is the only way I know how to do it with the Hex method. And yes, the Hex method can fail too, but the success rate is much better than VNR/ITHVNR. A new written tool would be awsome. I still search for a solution to add the text in VNR or at least make the TA interface look like in VNR.

I did try for like 15 min of reading, and ith for example only had 1 extra thread to work with which only dumped that randoms letters "gwgw" same thing wit ithvnr, it did not however at any time have more than 2 threads to search the text.

I did also try with both emulators and different versions of them, for example using the newest versions o ppssp didnt give me anything to work with from the start but trying with older versions did give me that extra one thread, the java emu didnt give me anything from the start like the newer versions of ppssp.

To be clear I didnt use save states nor I use the "turbo mode" with the emus.

Does the hex method work? I'm sure it does because there is no way it shouldn't work but like I said even if you "automatize" the process is really a pain to read a vn like that at least it is for me I'm sure there is other people who will find it useful but for me particularly it's not.

I'm not sure but I think that VNR/ITH work with fixed game engines, so if the game you're trying to hook works with an unsupported engine, it'll never be hooked. I also think that for games engines similar to those supported ITH try making it compatible, that might have been the case for some VNs I tried where only partial text was hooked. In any case, you might like to check my latest response to this thread http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11298-i-made-a-prototype-of-text-hooker-for-emulated-games/ 

What I basically say there is that the text might not be active in ram, but it might be in fixed addresses, in script form.

Also, you might have tried the hex method, as I see it, it's really simple, like 3 steps: convert Japanese to hex, search for that hex value with Cheat Engine, and then just choose the appropriate address, and that's it, even simper with Hook Any Text now. All, right, if you can't type Japanese that will be a problem, but I'm sure you could be assisted by people who. 

Now I'm feeling like trying that game, the doubt whether it can be hooked or not won't let me sleep in peace lol

EDIT:

Okay, couldn't help myself, and guess what? I did lol! Hex method working with it :3 

The coding seems to be UTF-8

http://imgur.com/3kBdxu0

Also @Styler00Dollar this should prove that the hex method works with PPSSPP, something I also wanted to confirm. I tried Kanon as well. I think the important thing here is finding out the the coding of the text so you can search hex in Cheat Engine. 

Edited by dullian

You did it, I never got Hex working with PPSSPP. I failed every time now. Well done. :3

I know that it was actually possible (Source: Sakimichi´s page), I even quoted you the line that someone did it  / is telling that it works. But I failed, and had no other proof than a bit text. Thanks for the confirming.

One Question, PPSSPP v.1.0.1? Do you tried other versions?

Edit: Just tested PPSSPP v.1.0.1 with Sakurasou PSP, Oreimo EX Portable and Ao no Exorcist : Genkoku no Labyrinth (Because they work with ITHVNR/VNR) but failed again. ~.~ UTF-8, UTF-16 and SJIS aren´t working for myself. I don´t understand what I am doing wrong. I did all the steps with JPCSP and it worked there. Would be nice if you test some other games with PPSSPP and share the results too, it can´t be that I fail all the time here, I even used the same builds (And I guess there aren´t big differences between automated PPSSPP builds. Only in different versions, like v.0.9.9 and v0.9.9.1 do differ at my current knowledge.).

I'm not sure but I think that VNR/ITH work with fixed game engines, so if the game you're trying to hook works with an unsupported engine, it'll never be hooked. I also think that for games engines similar to those supported ITH try making it compatible, that might have been the case for some VNs I tried where only partial text was hooked. In any case, you might like to check my latest response to this thread http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11298-i-made-a-prototype-of-text-hooker-for-emulated-games/ 

What I basically say there is that the text might not be active in ram, but it might be in fixed addresses, in script form.

Also, you might have tried the hex method, as I see it, it's really simple, like 3 steps: convert Japanese to hex, search for that hex value with Cheat Engine, and then just choose the appropriate address, and that's it, even simper with Hook Any Text now. All, right, if you can't type Japanese that will be a problem, but I'm sure you could be assisted by people who. 

Now I'm feeling like trying that game, the doubt whether it can be hooked or not won't let me sleep in peace lol

EDIT:

Okay, couldn't help myself, and guess what? I did lol! Hex method working with it :3 

The coding seems to be UTF-8

http://imgur.com/3kBdxu0

Also @Styler00Dollar this should prove that the hex method works with PPSSPP, something I also wanted to confirm. I tried Kanon as well. I think the important thing here is finding out the the coding of the text so you can search hex in Cheat Engine. 

I did say

"Does the hex method work? I'm sure it does because there is no way it shouldn't work but like I said even if you "automatize" the process is really a pain to read a vn like that at least it is for me I'm sure there is other people who will find it useful but for me particularly it's not."

again doing all that work over and over again is not worth it for me but I'm not saying maybe someone else wont appreciate it even find it helpful.

Played around some with the different methods. VNR hooking didn't work for me. But hex did.

I think Dullian is correct. It doesn't matter if you use PPSPP for the hex. I got hex working on the ppspp as well. Very nice imo.

With hex and HAT it's a very easy method to use when you've got it working. It remembered the right hex for me and auto clipboard the text. It becomes like ITH then. Pretty sweet.

Only tried it with Dangaronpa 2 so far btw.

@Styler00Dollar did you activate MEM_MAPPED in settings of cheat engine? Also HAT seems for some reason to open a cmd window when starting up the cheat engine. It needs to be open for it to work HAT. So don't go closing that folks, lol.

q1c5Ur8.png?1

I honestly see this as a very cool tool. If you want to read psp vn's/games. You can do that now. At least in the majority of the cases I imagine.

Edit: Although In hindsight.. I am not aware of many good console vn's that can be emulated; and are not on pc..

@Bolverk, Thanks for testing. It is already confirmed that you shouldn´t close the cmd.exe because it is somehow currently a workaround that HAT will finally work.

Could you say the encode and the right adress? I can´t differ since you show 2. (Or are both working?)

And I never knew something called "MEM_MAPPED" since I never looked in the settings of Cheat Engine. And I viewed it, the box wasn´t checked. Re-testing my games.

Finally, I don´t know, I thought it is useful information. It depends on the person how he will use it and what games he will play after all.

EDIT: @Bolverk Big thanks, since several months I don´t figured out what my problem was. :3 This simple small box was at fault. Now I am able to do it. PPSSPP/Hex is working. The first question I have and should answer, if it will show the same result like JPCSP/Hex or not. After 3 games it seems like it. Finally I got it working. My idea is for not working games with VNR to make an H-Code, since I am able to see the adress. but maybe that far fetched. I need to test my stuff more.

I did say

"Does the hex method work? I'm sure it does because there is no way it shouldn't work but like I said even if you "automatize" the process is really a pain to read a vn like that at least it is for me I'm sure there is other people who will find it useful but for me particularly it's not."

again doing all that work over and over again is not worth it for me but I'm not saying maybe someone else wont appreciate it even find it helpful.

Yes, I understand you. I hope this developing method will allow making H-codes or even more automatic ways to hook the text from VNs for people who think like you. 

You did it, I never got Hex working with PPSSPP. I failed every time now. Well done. :3

I know that it was actually possible (Source: Sakimichi´s page), I even quoted you the line that someone did it  / is telling that it works. But I failed, and had no other proof than a bit text. Thanks for the confirming.

One Question, PPSSPP v.1.0.1? Do you tried other versions?

Edit: Just tested PPSSPP v.1.0.1 with Sakurasou PSP, Oreimo EX Portable and Ao no Exorcist : Genkoku no Labyrinth (Because they work with ITHVNR/VNR) but failed again. ~.~ UTF-8, UTF-16 and SJIS aren´t working for myself. I don´t understand what I am doing wrong. I did all the steps with JPCSP and it worked there. Would be nice if you test some other games with PPSSPP and share the results too, it can´t be that I fail all the time here, I even used the same builds (And I guess there aren´t big differences between automated PPSSPP builds. Only in different versions, like v.0.9.9 and v0.9.9.1 do differ at my current knowledge.).

Did you finally got those working on PPSSPP? I've been testing a lot of PPSSPP + hex and pretty much all the games I've already tested and worked with ITH VNR work with the hex method, even Idolm@ster, which, unlike with ITH VNR, is hooked without the text being repeated infinitely. My guess is that, at least for the games I tried, the version of PPSSPP doesn't have any impact on the hooking with Cheat Engine since CE only examines the memory from PPSSPP and all the versions of the emulator should provide the same ram from the game for CE to work with. So the method should work with any version (once again, at least for the games I've tried).

The versions I've tried of PPSSPP (and which I personally prefer) are: 0.9.8/ 0.9.9.1/  1.0.1

Even got the hex method working with versions as old as 0.9.1 

Anyway, my testing list is almost complete, just some very few things left to try before sending it over to you. I guess I'll PM it to you here in this forum in the next days,so  keep an eye out for it.

@dullian, just tested nearly all my PSP games (guess need to download more) and different versions of PPSSPP (v.0.9.8/v.0.9.9/v.1.0.1). (You can view the results in the list if you want.)

My final conclusion: You are right. For the Hex method it doesn´t matter what you take, only VNR/ITHVNR are choosy in the version.

And JPCSP and PPSSPP do have differences. They are maybe not that epic, but it isn´t exactly the same result every time. But these differences are in a small area.

What I try to say:

- JPCSP or PPSSPP will work or won´t work in the fact that you can hook the text.

- JPCSP or PPSSPP don´t have similar results if they fail. (I skipped nearly all details, but I don´t wrote all my results there to keep the list clear.)

And could you upload a PPSSPP savestate where the character are actually talking? I want to test Idolm@ster+VNR. I don´t want to spoiler myself by playing it, but I want to test it. Normally you view some sort of text from the beginning from a game, but got confused with the menu and the tutorial. To spare time and afford I will make it in that way.

@bolverk, I still wait for your reply. Do both text threads you showed work or not? (I am aware that there can be multiple right hooks, and that´s why I ask here.)

@Styler00Dollar There was two threads with the same output, so I added them both to try them out. The encode is UTF16 to hex.

Oddly enough. When I started up the game again now the old thread didn't work anymore. Not sure why..

@bolverk, I just had the same thing, but thats really strange. Never had something like that before. I need to test a bit, I will write about results. Currently I only had this in PPSSPP.

EDIT: Ok, my results after re-testing all my games again:

PPSSPP changes the line where the text is displayed everytime you restart the emulator. (Deleted all useless codes from list. Now thats something the user must do.)

JPCSP don´t change the line where the text is displayed everytime you restart the emulator.

Seems that this factor depends on the emulator.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...