Immoral Little Translation Project

Nosebleed

Update 2
(Re: This project ain't dead yo)
Translation Progress: 21%

So here's a rundown of what happened after the last update:

• Translated roughly another 400 lines the following week
  • Forgot this project existed for the next 3 months
  • Realized I can't keep going like this and decide to work on this again like I should have been doing to begin with
  • Translated about 800 lines in the last 3 days :Kappa:

So, uh, yeah, that happened.

Sorry it kinda died off, but I don't plan to drop it and I think I've gotten motivated to work consistently on this now more than ever (which is what I lacked before).

If I could give an excuse as to why this happened, I think this image is pretty self explanatory:

IBlaer1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

So you really did forget for some time that this existed! I knew it was suspicious. And I remember you telling me in that PM that around February you'd have a lot of stuff done :makina:

Well sir, I'll have you know there's still 22 days left in February, a lot of things can happen like me forgetting this exists again.

February was a realistic goal if I had kept up the pace, now I don't really have a set goal but I want to work on this every single day nonstop, even if it's just 50 lines a day.

1 minute ago, Nosebleed said:

Well sir, I'll have you know there's still 22 days left in February, a lot of things can happen like me forgetting this exists again.

February was a realistic goal if I had kept up the pace, now I don't really have a set goal but I want to work on this every single day nonstop, even if it's just 50 lines a day.

I still believe in you. The lolis of the world appreciate your effort.

On 2/6/2016 at 11:36 PM, Nosebleed said:

If you finished the translation by the original estimated date after forgetting it even existed and only just started working on it again, I'd think you are not human, but a machine sent from the future to remove the shroud of ignorance covering people about the existence of the term 'Loli'. :wahaha:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Last Update

Hey guys, Nosebleed here.

This time I'm not bringing in good news about how much TL progress I have made, but rather to announce I am, for the foreseeable future, dropping/suspending this project.

I want to first and foremost say this decision came on my part and it's nobody else's fault, everyone on the team truly wanted to help and I am very grateful to them for it and also very sorry I could not be up to par with the task I was given.

I don't want to make up petty excuses, but the main reason I'm doing this is because I've simply gotten burned out while working on this game. To put it in laymen's terms, when you have a game that solely consists of sexual descriptions (10,000 lines of it), things can get stale very quickly. I felt like I was reading the same lines over and over and it just was not fun to work on.

I love Immoral Little as a nukige, it was my first Japanese VN I ever read, but I now understand why nukige aren't very popular with translators, the amount of will power you need to translate so much h-content is insane. Unlike with Lilium x Triangle, where I could do 200 lines and feel happy about things, Immoral Little felt more like a drag after 100 lines, because there's nothing interesting to read in the dialogue, I'm not having fun and being inventive, I'm just translating how the protagonist is enjoying having his penis stroked in 101 different ways.

It got to a point where I wasn't even translating much overall (I work on manga scanlations from time to time), and I didn't want to keep that going.

I'm sure a lot of you know I am now working on Dracu-Riot's translation already. To put it into perspective, I had more fun translating 100 lines of Dracu-Riot's non-h dialogue than I did with all of the 2,000 or something lines I translated of Immoral Little, that's because I'm reading about the characters having fun and talking about things instead of just seeing sex.

I can't say I'm happy about the way things turned out, but I do want to say I feel relieved I am now not burneded with this project and can focus on other, more fun things to translate.

Of course, above all else, I want to apologize to the people who were following this project and gave their support. For such a small nukige title, a lot of you sure wanted to see it done, and I'm truly sorry I was not able to deliver in the end.

So what am I going to do in the future? Am I ever going back to this game? I can't say for sure. I have other things I want to work on, now that I better understand myself when it comes to translation habits, so I wouldn't say I plan to return to this title anytime soon, but maybe in the distant future I will re-consider, although I'm sure a lot of people will have forgotten about it by then.

For now, all I can say is thank you all for keeping up with the project, and sorry I couldn't meet your expectations, I hope to use this experience to improve myself in order to avoid similar situations happening, but sometimes things just can't be predicted.

As for the scripts, I do not plan on hogging them all to myself. If anybody really wants to translate the game, I am willing to share the scripts with them. Note that the current translation is VERY rough, there was no TLC or Editing done, so it might not be too helpful, but it's the least I can do.

I hope to see you in the future again.

3G9Zy4a.png