Without Within 2

InvertMouse

Pburkquh.jpg

Vinty is attending a calligraphy event over in Melbourne. At last, she will be able to meet Excelia, the world famous calligrapher. Determined to study and mimic her idol's every move, will Vinty end up losing her identity?

:vinty:  :vinty:  :vinty:  :vinty:  :vinty:

Hello everyone! Thank you for being kind to Vinty in Without Within last year. Putting such a short game onto Steam was scary, but a lot of you gave WOWI a chance, and I am really thankful for that. This time around, with the script running at about 20,000 words (still short by VN standards), this sequel will run at roughly five times the length of the original. Without Within 2 will be a kinetic novel without any choices. This time around, I would rather focus on one story rather than being distracted by contrived choices like I did with the first game.

WOWI2 will also be a bit of a "travel novel" as well. Throughout the game, players will find links to various videos of Melbourne Australia, which is where the story takes place. To be honest, I have this borderline fetish with places. As in, I love them almost as much as I like people. I really want to share that passion with everyone. In September, I will be flying to Melbourne for a week to film more footage. I have a booth at a convention there as well, so just trying to make the best use of my time and money.

Please feel free to check out the demo:

wowi2_demo.jpg

And I can really use your support on greenlight as well. Thank you for considering:

wowi2_gl.jpg

The remaining details are here:

http://wowi2.invertmouse.com

Thank you so much everyone :)! And thanks in advance to Helvetica Standard (or whoever ends up doing it) for moving this to the Original Projects section.

Thank you Flutterz, Nosebleed and Emi :vinty:! For Steam, I hear once you have a few games published, you can ask Valve to possibly release a title without going through greenlight. I hear the chances are unlikely, though. If Fruits of Grisaia went through greenlight then who am I to even try (>u<)?

Need to make a happy :vinty: emote

That'd kill the point of :vinty:

I'm pretty happy with this - it is true that WOWI was very very short, which made it hard to really think something about the game. Although :vinty: is me IRL so it's still good. 20 000 words sounds like a decent short VN, looking forward to it!

• 1 month later...

5UaA58nl.jpg

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing awesome. Earlier this month, I flew to Melbourne for a week and recorded a bunch of footage for Without Within 2. I also learned some new things about the city, and I look forward to dropping in those details where appropriate. Really hope I will be able to share my love for new places with everyone through this game.

I wanted to quickly show off some of the photos I took while I was in Melbourne:

e4QUUHpl.jpg

RWFrLQ1l.jpg

6gJ80H3l.jpg

etkPinpl.jpg

According to my phone, I walked 50km in a three day span during my time in Melbourne. I hope you will enjoy the game as well as the optional footage. Thank you friends :)!

Omg that looks so adorable! I'd pay some money to get Vinty as a plushie. :vinty: It's totally a marketable product with that cuteness.

And here I am being too biased with Steam greenlit VNs lately because of all the censored content. So this game doesn't have any of that right? Like I get the whole "package"? :illya: I don't wanna throw 10 bucks at Steam for a half finished product. I want the whole deal. :sachi:

• 1 month later...

ax3vBk5.jpg

Hello everyone :)! The year is coming to a close and I am going on holidays in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I have just released Without Within 2 onto Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/398980

This time, Vinty is flying over to Melbourne, a city I love and try to visit on a yearly basis. I have a deep love for places, and I hope I can share some of those feelings with you through this game. Details are on the store page so I will keep this short, but really guys, thank you for putting that Vinty emoticon up onto this forum and all. Seriously appreciate it. I like to act like a tough athlete, but I actually get so nervous during launch weeks, and it is your kindness that helps me get through these times. Thank you so much :)!