sanahtlig

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy MoeNovel's debut title, "If my Heart had Wings"

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Depends if there is H or not

This poll is closed to new votes

I haven't played the trial yet (And I wont because I dont like to play demos) but everyone seems to think this game is actually good so if there's no way for you play it otherwise why not just buy the game since you never played it before you wont notice when the H-scenes are skipped and it isn't like 50% of the game has been hacked away

You will probably notice instantly when it comes to the part of the H-scenes. It is romance, you expect it to have H at certain points.

Also it seems the best part would be the twins so you obviously want to have sex with them in the end, it is something original that isn't in that many VNs this twins 3some scenes and all that. Without it it will just be... I don't know what it will be actually, don't even want to think about it.

(btw not sure what all is true but they even said in the email that they removed the kissing parts and told us to imagine them so its romance without kissing... that must be awesome)

[correction, it has kissing... but only sounds xD

quote from moenovel email: "There are kissing scenes and kissing sounds, but there is no actual animation showing that." ]

So something along the lines "and they kissed and lived happily ever after, THE END.

And remember kids, babies are born when 2 people love each other very much, and then a bird will bring them a child"

Not read the whole post yet, but it seems pointless to me to choose to translate a heavily ero game when you're going to be removing all the ero content...

I'm interested to see how this will work for them, and perhaps it will have the intended effect of "reaching a wider audience". I won't be buying it though.

Does anyone know if they're planning to add any extra content, since they're taking so much away?

Not read the whole post yet, but it seems pointless to me to choose to translate a heavily ero game when you're going to be removing all the ero content...

I'm interested to see how this will work for them, and perhaps it will have the intended effect of "reaching a wider audience". I won't be buying it though.

Does anyone know if they're planning to add any extra content, since they're taking so much away?

They said what they have is all that the game will be. There will not be future patches or anything of the sort. They did rewrite part of the story though after removing the H-content.

Remove ero... fine...

But removing stuff like sex jokes? Kissing? I think that's going a wee bit too far. I mean, c'mon, might as well change all the characters' names to English names. Oh, and while you're at it, remove any reference to Japanese culture.

These guys are becoming the 4kids of VNs. Initially, I had hoped that they'd somewhat succeed, but they're crossing the line in the sand now... I want nothing more than to see them disappear now. I can't believe the original developers actually agreed to this censorship.

Let me say something: if you can't handle shit like kissing or sex jokes in your fictional story, then you should probably go look for something else. Censorship is insulting not just to the original creators, but also to your viewers. You're basically calling them morons. It's like trying to add sugar to your rice because you don't like salty food. Why don't you go eat some chocolate, then?

We were doing quick TLC over Ageha's route, and this stuff is just horrible. Its not about just removing H-content or kissing scenes, they murdered whole route. Protag reflects about his relation with Ageha? Too dirty, remove everything!

When relationship is central element of the story, you cannot take it out, there will be nothing left. And to make it worse, original Ageha route was quite good and interesting BECAUSE of their unusual relationship.

Agehas route was basically remade from the ground up because the sex is a huge part of it. Which I am sad about, since Ageha is the most human and seems to be the most fleshed out character amongst the cast.

Someone needs to tell the poor suckers who bought this game about this. I'm sure that a bunch of people bought it without even thinking about what's missing (or noticing).

Seriously, use twitter, facebook, tumblr, whatever... Just tell people that they're being screwed over and called morons.

i find it funny that still after everything being said everywhere, they haven't done an official statement on this issue

They probably can't handle the possibility that they screwed up.

Remove ero... fine...

But removing stuff like sex jokes? Kissing? I think that's going a wee bit too far. I mean, c'mon, might as well change all the characters' names to English names. Oh, and while you're at it, remove any reference to Japanese culture.

These guys are becoming the 4kids of VNs. Initially, I had hoped that they'd somewhat succeed, but they're crossing the line in the sand now... I want nothing more than to see them disappear now. I can't believe the original developers actually agreed to this censorship.

Let me say something: if you can't handle shit like kissing or sex jokes in your fictional story, then you should probably go look for something else. Censorship is insulting not just to the original creators, but also to your viewers. You're basically calling them morons. It's like trying to add sugar to your rice because you don't like salty food. Why don't you go eat some chocolate, then?

Well said. My exact feelings about MoeNovel's Konosora. I'm happy to welcome an non-ero ver. but removing kiss CGs with lips touching and such is a bit too much. That and the stiff translation :(

I've posted my stance on MoeNovel's release on Visual Novel Aer: http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2013/07/why-i-wont-be-buying-if-my-heart-had-wings/

You got to be kidding me. The people who did Demon Souls.. THE DEMON SOULS?

02zTcU2.jpg

Yeah, Atlus and co actually aren't afraid to add religion and stuff to their games. Hell, you fight the Gods in I think one of the Shin Megami Tensei or Persona games.

You got to be kidding me. The people who did Demon Souls.. THE DEMON SOULS?

02zTcU2.jpg

Yeah, Atlus and co actually aren't afraid to add religion and stuff to their games. Hell, you fight the Gods in I think one of the Shin Megami Tensei or Persona games.

Heh, you fight every god, including GOD. YHWH, the judeo-christian God! (Me! ^_^/>/>) And it's fecking brilliant!

YHVH.gif

More on topic, I find it amazing that there are more high-qualty translations for this sort of stuff, and they're distributed for free, and these lot are expecting people to pay.

To be honest to them, they are expecting payment for the game itself, not TL. Game has very high production value — lots of animation and CG, tons of VA. It costs its price.

And they are asking less than they do for JP version.

MN is Pulltop's subsidiary, so they operate on pulltop money and profit also goes to pulltop.

here is what moe actually is: http://vimeo.com/70285271

(has to be on vimeo because all youtube videos that had this show were removed and the accounts with them terminated :o how is it possible to get your account banned for sharing a 20 sec comedy clip from a show is beyond logic but well lets not go into that xD answer is simple, copyright law sux)