I come in peace

MX-Futhark

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, but never bothered to even create an account. But this time is over. Here goes: I first discovered VN backs in 2011 with Fate/Stay Night. My favourite one so far is Ever17. Original, I know. I also watch quite a few anime. I'm having a blast watching Gate this season, among others.

I decided to teach myself Japanese 2 years ago and started reading untranslated VNs roughly 8 months after starting, with the help of a text hooker and Translation Aggregator to quickly look up words. I'm getting to the point where I can completely read and understand light-hearted stuff without any help =) I've read Monster Girl Quest (all three games) and 11eyes so far. I'm currently reading Fate/Extra CCC.

To be completely honest and contrary to the title of this post, I didn't come with entirely pure intentions. I made a prototype of text hooker that already works with quite a few games on various emulators, and I'd like to present it here. Does anyone know 1. if that kind of self-promotion is allowed 2. in which section of the forum it would be best to post it? Thanks in advance!

i´m  japanese/hungarian who once dreamt of becoming a great archeologist (yeah seriously :D), leading to getting my hopes crushed by harsh reality & pressure from my family,  so yeah both & in the latter one you say "i´m going" when you reach the finish line in terms of chakalaka grande :/

edit: always nice seeing someone beeing fond of 11eyes, too, so you might want to give the fortissimo novels a try.

Welcome, welcome, welcome MX-Futhark-san to our lair. Enjoy your time and relax here. Feel free to ask/discuss/share anything with us. 

About Monmusu Quest, it's actually one game divided into three parts, not three separate games, but who cares about such a technical matter.