Fate/Grand Order

hsmsful

On the english end I've beaten the story for the summer event, and currently just grinding for ascension material, also rolled Summer Marie and Martha, and as a bonus got spooked by Jeanne. Unfortunately I'm now out of quartz, and I'm debating whether or not to buy some (which I haven't done for months) to try for Archuria

I'm nearly done clearing the event shop for Summer Event Part 2 (with 20 pieces of silver berserker monuments remaining) but still have a hell lot of stuff to clear for Part 1 (largely the items which require Lumber and Food). Didn't bother rolling for the summer servants since most of them have demerits tied to their skills and I'm saving for Jalter anyways. Also looking forward to the Prisma event since I can finally get my first Gold Archer

Edited by Inorin

2 hours ago, wei123 said:

I'm nearly done clearing the event shop for Summer Event Part 2 (with 20 pieces of silver berserker monuments remaining) but still have a hell lot of stuff to clear for Part 1 (largely the items which require Lumber and Food). Didn't bother rolling for the summer servants since most of them have demerits tied to their skills and I'm saving for Jalter anyways. Also looking forward to the Prisma event since I can finally get my first Gold Archer :)

Demerits usually mean that without them the skills are so good they need to be nerfed, and that certainly applies to a lot of the summer servants :makina:

4 hours ago, wei123 said:

I'm saving for Jalter

Can anyone explain to me, why so many people are always saving for Jalter? If it's about her waifu-factor I guess I just disagree. Gameplay-wise she really needs Merlin to be great, otherwise she is a lot less amazing than some other damagedealers (for example Archuria and her ridiculous np spam)

On 12/08/2018 at 6:32 PM, Seth said:

Can anyone explain to me, why so many people are always saving for Jalter? If it's about her waifu-factor I guess I just disagree. Gameplay-wise she really needs Merlin to be great, otherwise she is a lot less amazing than some other damagedealers (for example Archuria and her ridiculous np spam)

I don't really give much thought to the waifu factor; it's more of because her team attack buff can give a 40% attack boost (at max level) to 2 of my best Servants and she's the only rate-up Servant for that particular banner. I'm also going to (try) roll for Merlin in December when the Salomon chapter comes out in NA, so there's that too.

Edited by wei123

On 8/12/2018 at 3:32 AM, Seth said:

So, Jalter, even without Merlin, is still incredibly powerful. The synergy of her skills makes any unit that can buff crits REALLY power her up. The crit damage up + star weight up skill is REALLY good in conjunction with the buster up skill, so if you can get her and a Merlin support, or maybe a Waver support, you can really steamroll a lot of fights in the game. In addition, being that she's an Avenger, nothing can actually resist her in NA right now, and she also gets a 1.1x attack multiplier on her attacks because of her class, making her ideal for taking out really beefy Berserkers. Since everything in NA only has a single life bar, Jalter just cleans up house when it comes to any and all fights that have only a single boss unit.

I'm just sitting around with 300+ quartz, waiting for MHXX to be rollable on JP rn.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180729-015007.jpg
I got the 200 quartz from that one stream for having 1000+ login day too

On 12/08/2018 at 6:32 AM, Seth said:

Does this need to be said?

Spoiler

FGO Relies heavily on skills, then NP, then stats. This is why so many lower star servants are amazing. Hans for instance has decent skills but his NP is broke for his level. Hassan Cursed Arm on the other hand at his star level is basically an Assassin version of Cu.

Therefore, whether a servant is objectively good first relies on skills (unless the NP is absolutely broken like Tamamo's), then NP, and lastly stats + other stuff.

Of course for all this to roll together their card deck must be well built (Unfortunate for Emiya...)

So let's take a look at Jalter who has a QAABB with a B NP (This already is looking like a servant who is built to deal damage)

Also I will be look at the max possible skill stats because that's what you are aiming for

Skill 1: Increase Crit damage by 50% for 3 turns, increase your crit star absorption for 3 turns, 5 turn cooldown

This right here means for 3/5 turns (60% of the match) she will have a 50% increase in her crit damage with an almost guarantee to GET those stars. So if you have anyone on the team generating stars, she is automatically going to be dealing insane crit damage 60% of the time...and this is WITHOUT any other buffs

Skill 2: Increase all allies attack for 3 turns 20%, increase attack of "Dragon" allies for 3 turns 20%, 5 turn cooldown

Let's ignore the later skill because it's almost useless. But a flat 20% increase to everyones damage for, AGAIN, 60% of the match is VERY good. Not many servants have this kind of skill. Even Gil who ARGUABLY has one of the best party wide attack buffs goes for 21%, only 1% difference.

Skill 3: Increase her own buster performance for 1 turn 50%, grants invincibility for 1 turn, deals 1000 damage (HP cannot fall below 1). 6 turn cooldown.

Okay now this is again, insane. She gets a BUSTER burst of damage at 50% one time. As we noted above she has a BB with a B NP, this means you could potentially buster brave chain with an NP and all of that gets a 50% buff in and of itself with this skill. Granted the down side is her only protective skill is linked to her, arguably, BEST attack increase skill so in times where you need to defend, you have to decide when to use this. Again on the highest 6 turn cooldown, this is the only down side to this. But it's still insane.

What does this means? This means that if you use all of this on JUST HER, you can get, in 1 turn, a 70% increase in damage on buster attacks (including your NP) for 1 turn, a 20% increase in damage of all attacks for 3 turns, and IF you crit, your damage goes up by 50%.

Now let's look at her NP, A buster NP that goes 600% of her base damage (NP 1), and inflicts curse for 5 turns (500 damage per turn), and inflicts block status to them for 1 time. Now granted the damage isn't substantially high for this NP with only the curse being anything, so it is slightly lackluster, but pair it with the damage buffs above and you now have a possible 1020% damage at NP1.

Now let's look at some other stuff.

Her passives, Increase own NP generation rate when taking damage by 18%, increase crit damage by 10% (Well that just boosted the 50% up there to 60%), and charge NP by 4% per turn.

Attack stat is high, one of THE highest in the game...overall, she doesn't seem to have issues with spamming her np.

Of course Avenger is the only class to deal double to rulers, and a multiplier of 1.1 base.

All this together gives you a VERY good DAMAGE dealer, she is build to fuck shit up and she is arguably one of the best at doing it with the exception of berserkers and even then she gives them a run for their money with how much buffs she can put on just herself. Very few berserkers have even near this amount of damage buffs. And berserkers have the shit time of not getting stars (lowest absorption rate) meaning she could potentially out damage any berserker outside a few.

One of the best to go up against berserkers as well.

Oh...then there's the waifu factor of course.

Of course this is NA speaking...

I should iterate that I'm not saying Jalter is better than Squirtoria (i assume that's the servant you were talking about?) But of course the downside to Squirtoria is you can't really put her in ALL teams. Jalter has a wider range of applications if only for the fact she has less servants she is bad against.

This game is one of my favourites purely because, as much as I can state how good or great some servants are...you don't EVER need to use them. I can still dick around with my Amakusa, or Li Shuwen, or hell, my Cursed Arm Hassan and still have a blast.

Edited by TheUnknownMercenary

I honestly like Abigail more than Jalter (not that I ever got Jalter, but still >.>) Her buffs might not be as absurd, but in terms of being a generalist Foreginer is better than Avenger. Avenger still gets beat up by Berserkers and a random crit from one can really take a chunk out of you, but Foreigners are only weak to Alter-Egos and Foreigners, and how often do you fight those? So she might not be the be-all end-all for Merlin crit memes, but you can frontline her in every single battle and almost never regret it.

As a Jalter owner, I can say that while she is indeed a waifu material (not as waifu as vanilla jeanne tho), she is useful everywhere. I just bring Jalter + Waver + class advantage/zerker support (with vanilla Jeanne on the back) to almost any fight, and makes it clearable. Well right now at least. I havent started Camelot and Ive heard things about Gawain there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

Currently inwardly debating whether or not to buy some quartz to try for Rin :notlikemiya:

If the NA version follows the JP version strictly, then she should be available next month during the New Year Summoning Campaign. If you want more time rolling for her though, then you should probably do it now cos I think she will probably have only a day of single rate-up (where she's the only rate-up SSR) next month.