Fate/Grand Order

hsmsful

1 minute ago, MoeKyun said:

Oh, boy.

Do you guys know about the koreans offended by the upcoming fgo jp event? :amane:

I would be more "offended" if my roll sucks at the next gacha. :makina:

@Flutterz Have enough SQ, flutz?

Please don't make it sound like it's Koreans as a whole lol

Eh, she's cute and I'll throw some tickets at her, maybe do a 10-roll, but other than that I'm saving for Tamassassin (or something cute in new summer) :makina:

1 minute ago, Flutterz said:

Please don't make it sound like it's Koreans as a whole lol

Eh, she's cute and I'll throw some tickets at her, maybe do a 10-roll, but other than that I'm saving for Tamassassin (or something cute in new summer) :makina:

Ah, didn't mean to.

And shit, forgot about that summer event. Abby summer would be nice tho :illya:

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

Looked at the future event release in the wikia and apparently, the next event in the NA server rewards you with a Sakata Kintoki(Rider). Now I feel  so stupid for wasting my 3M DL ticket on Marie (should have went for Emiya or Elizabeth).

You should never feel sorry for choosing the meme queen.

Well, against my better judgment, I decided to start playing FGO yesterday. So far it doesn't seem like as big of a time sink as other gacha-styled games, so I think I might give this one a go for the time being. If anyone wants to add me to help me along (I'd really appreciate it!), my ID is 984,197,849. :) That said, I know friend slots are limited, and I don't have any worthwhile summons, so I won't be too upset if anyone decides not to.

One thing I'm very much interested in is the way team synergy can help to make up for not having top-tier servants; makes the p2w gacha system seem a little less of a cringe factor when you don't get any good pulls, and provides good variety in gameplay. I also like how you can get a lot of the stuff you need just by playing story mode, with the story mode itself actually having decent writing for once. I'm not overly impressed with it right off the bat, but I am interested enough to not skip anything.

I don't like how the game has a daily or weekly challenge system, but I only plan on playing half casually, so I think I'll only commit to the daily login and free summons since they don't take up that much time. I know I'd be missing out on worthwhile daily rewards in doing so, but after my horrific experience with Runescape dailies, I don't think I'm all too thrilled to get back into these unless I'm actually in the mood to play this game.

I think I've read enough guides to get a general sense of how to progress, but I'd welcome any helpful tips you guys might have. Right off the bat, I got Liz and Marie as my first two 4* servants, and a few 2/3*s I don't give two damn about (except for Mash, she's interesting). I use Mash and Liz in my front lineup along with a support (usually Jeanne d'Arc Alter). I wanted to play Marie because of how cute she was, but I don't really have any other servants to pair her with, and her skills don't seem very useful at my stage in the game (plus, her cost is a little too high for me atm). But that's okay, I'm happy with Liz. ^_^

38 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Well, against my better judgment, I decided to start playing FGO yesterday. So far it doesn't seem like as big of a time sink as other gacha-styled games, so I think I might give this one a go for the time being. If anyone wants to add me to help me along (I'd really appreciate it!), my ID is 984,197,849. :) That said, I know friend slots are limited, and I don't have any worthwhile summons, so I won't be too upset if anyone decides not to.

One thing I'm very much interested in is the way team synergy can help to make up for not having top-tier servants; makes the p2w gacha system seem a little less of a cringe factor when you don't get any good pulls, and provides good variety in gameplay. I also like how you can get a lot of the stuff you need just by playing story mode, with the story mode itself actually having decent writing for once. I'm not overly impressed with it right off the bat, but I am interested enough to not skip anything.

I don't like how the game has a daily or weekly challenge system, but I only plan on playing half casually, so I think I'll only commit to the daily login and free summons since they don't take up that much time. I know I'd be missing out on worthwhile daily rewards in doing so, but after my horrific experience with Runescape dailies, I don't think I'm all too thrilled to get back into these unless I'm actually in the mood to play this game.

I think I've read enough guides to get a general sense of how to progress, but I'd welcome any helpful tips you guys might have. Right off the bat, I got Liz and Marie as my first two 4* servants, and a few 2/3*s I don't give two damn about (except for Mash, she's interesting). I use Mash and Liz in my front lineup along with a support (usually Jeanne d'Arc Alter). I wanted to play Marie because of how cute she was, but I don't really have any other servants to pair her with, and her skills don't seem very useful at my stage in the game (plus, her cost is a little too high for me atm). But that's okay, I'm happy with Liz. ^_^

Hello and welcome! I've sent you a request; you could use my Servants if you'd like (no Jalter though). 

Weekly missions are also known as "master missions", which are pretty easy to complete. More often than not, you'd complete them without even giving a glance at what is required. As for daily missions, I'd recommend going for the 30 AP ones at the maximum, since the 40 AP ones have a high chance of getting your party wiped out (especially the Berserker, Archer and Saber ones). You don't really have to complete all of them since mana prisms are actually easy to obtain from other avenues and they are just AP traps anyways.

As for other general advice, DO NOT spend your Saint Quartz on reviving your team when they get wiped out. I think I've mentioned this on the previous page, but if you are going to be a f2p player like me, saint quartz aren't going to be infinite. Also, pay close attention to Class Affinity and the enemy classes you can expect before starting a quest. I usually visit the FGO wikia to check the class of the enemy boss for each quest so that I can adjust my Servant lineup accordingly. An example would be something like this:

Capture.png

Last but not least, ensure that your Marie gets her second skill and max it out asap since that skill is very useful in surviving long battles. As for Liz, well, I can't really comment since I've never used her before.

Edited by wei123

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

Hello and welcome! I've sent you a request; you could use my Servants if you'd like (no Jalter though). 

That's fine, your assassin is still a good carry for me. :) Plus, it's nice getting those extra friend points. Thanks for the add!

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

Weekly missions are also known as "master missions", which are pretty easy to complete. More often than not, you'd complete them without even giving a glance at what is required. As for daily missions, I'd recommend going for the 30 AP ones at the maximum, since the 40 AP ones have a high chance of getting your party wiped out (especially the Berserker, Archer and Saber ones). You don't really have to complete all of them since mana prisms are actually easy to obtain from other avenues and they are just AP traps anyways.

Oh, that's good to hear. I wasn't sure if mana prisms were easy to come by since I haven't gotten them anywhere else, but I imagine that's due to my early-game progress.

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

As for other general advice, DO NOT spend your Saint Quartz on reviving your team when they get wiped out. I think I've mentioned this on the previous page, but if you are going to be a f2p player like me, saint quartz aren't going to be infinite. Also, pay close attention to Class Affinity and the enemy classes you can expect before starting a quest. I usually visit the FGO wikia to check the class of the enemy boss for each quest so that I can adjust my Servant lineup accordingly. An example would be something like this:

Oh yeah, I was once tempted to revive for a daily I failed on (I tried a lvl 30 with a carry to cheat lvl, lol), but ultimately I decided to keep them for more summons. I plan on going f2p too since there doesn't seem to be a worthwhile budget option for moderate spenders (I prefer subscription-based models for freemium games). Speaking of which, should I hold out for limited-time gachas for a chance at the more unique/powerful servants, or might it be better to keep doing permanent gacha to build a solid lineup earlier on? I think I'll go ahead and roll on the current limited gacha (once I have 30 SQs anyways) since it seems to have some very solid summons lined up this time.

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

Last but not least, ensure that your Marie gets her second skill and max it out asap since that skill is very useful in surviving long battles. As for Liz, well, I can't really comment since I've never used her before.

No worries, I found a good character guide, so I kinda have a sense of how to advance Liz. Huh, I know Marie is suppose to be useful since she was recommended on the reroll guide, but I suppose she'd only be ideal for when I stop clearing waves in 1-3 turns (and when I get her 2nd skill). That makes sense.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

Also don't use apples until your AP pool is at least 100 or so, otherwise it's just wasteful.

16 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Oh yeah, I was once tempted to revive for a daily I failed on (I tried a lvl 30 with a carry to cheat lvl, lol), but ultimately I decided to keep them for more summons. I plan on going f2p too since there doesn't seem to be a worthwhile budget option for moderate spenders (I prefer subscription-based models for freemium games). Speaking of which, should I hold out for limited-time gachas for a chance at the more unique/powerful servants, or might it be better to keep doing permanent gacha to build a solid lineup earlier on? I think I'll go ahead and roll on the current limited gacha since it seems to have some very solid summons lined up this time.

The best value for your money would be only buying quartz for the roughly bi-annual guaranteed 5* gacha, in which you're, well, guaranteed to get one 5*. And most servants are roughly equal in power. You should roll for servants that you like instead of holding out for some powerful servant you don't particularly like.

Oh, and this site is great http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/master_mission_us.php#nav

Edit: You can only use paid quartz for the guaranteed 5* gacha btw

2 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Lovely!

First, enjoy and have fun, this game is, imho, built around having fun, not having the best servants and that stuff. In saying that here is my 2 cents

First, daily missions, I would pay attention to them only in that you want to be able to hit the 40ap consistently as fast as possible if you want any chance at levelling servants up at any decent rate. I would highly use support servants for this and paying attention to attributes (example on a saber day use a 90 (or high) level servant) as they do double damage and take half as much, making the farming for you much easier. Gold embers are what you want for levelling up. Other than that they are just their to get you quartz fragments to give you free quartz

Second, This game is designed so that you can complete it using non rare servants. In saying that, take a look at G&A Reviews for a good breakdown on ANY rare servants you get as they give you the pros/cons and what craft essences work well for them, how you can use them with various servants, and it honestly makes using servants much easier as they give you a good look at even lower level ones. In saying all that, especially take a look at their video on the 3star and below best servants for each class. Servants such as Hans, Hassan, Cu, etc are notable but most people don't know that servants such as the fat Caesar are actually pretty damn good. (although this was done at the early start of the NA and doesn't tell you about all the new 3star servants that came out.

Third, Liz is a great unit imho for lancers and Marie is a fantastic tank and meme lord. Mash becomes amazing later as a fantastic tank/stall unit with 0 cost (later in the game this becomes MORE important than rare servants).

Fourth, My code and ID is here, add me, i'm in a battle atm but i'll accept or add you when i can. My CE aren't usefull for farming as I'm currently doing the Onigashima event...but my servants themselves should prove useful for you.

Fifth, Limited gacha, roll only if you REALLY want that character, otherwise look up a review and see if they are worth rolling for.

Lastly, Play with all the characters you want, and appreciate all that you got. You would be surprised at how utterly amazing some 1,2, and 3 star servants are even beating out 4 and  5 star (i really wana grail hassan to 100...)

P.S. Remember you CAN move the Support unit around in your party.

Edited by TheUnknownMercenary

32 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Also don't use apples until your AP pool is at least 100 or so, otherwise it's just wasteful.

The best value for your money would be only buying quartz for the roughly bi-annual guaranteed 5* gacha, in which you're, well, guaranteed to get one 5*. And most servants are roughly equal in power. You should roll for servants that you like instead of holding out for some powerful servant you don't particularly like.

Oh, and this site is great http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/master_mission_us.php#nav

Ah, thanks for the pointers. :) I'll go ahead and bookmark that site. And yeah, I kinda wanna get a Jack the Ripper sometime eventually, so I think I'll just do regular gacha for the time being and limited whenever it's up. :P

32 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Lovely!

First, enjoy and have fun, this game is, imho, built around having fun, not having the best servants and that stuff. In saying that here is my 2 cents

I know, this game is surprisingly well designed. And here I was thinking all gacha games were lazy money snatches!

Third, Liz is a great unit imho for lancers and Marie is a fantastic tank and meme lord. Mash becomes amazing later as a fantastic tank/stall unit with 0 cost (later in the game this becomes MORE important than rare servants).

I got a meme summon right off the bat? Nice! :3 And yeah, I'm even finding Mash useful right now for higher lvl dailies due to her defensives. Plus, her 0 cost is what's helping me even equip CEs at all.

Fourth, My code and ID is here, add me, i'm in a battle atm but i'll accept or add you when i can. My CE aren't usefull for farming as I'm currently doing the Onigashima event...but my servants themselves should prove useful for you.

Oh yeah for sure. Thanks! Um, where's your ID? Well, I'll keep a lookout for your request when you get around to it.

Lastly, Play with all the characters you want, and appreciate all that you got. You would be surprised at how utterly amazing some 1,2, and 3 star servants are even beating out 4 and  5 star (i really wana grail hassan to 100...)

Oh yeah, this seems like a fun experimentation game, so I look forward to trying out a bunch of team comps. :) Pretty interesting how 3* servants can even compete with 5* servants (which isn't unusual for early game, but kinda rare for late).

Edited by Kenshin_sama

8 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Ah, thanks for the pointers. :) I'll go ahead and bookmark that site. And yeah, I kinda wanna get a Jack the Ripper sometime eventually, so I think I'll just do regular gacha for the time being and limited whenever it's up. :P

I know, this game is surprisingly well designed. And here I was thinking all gacha games were lazy money snatches!

I got a meme summon right off the bat? Nice! :3 And yeah, I'm even finding Mash useful right now for higher lvl dailies due to her defensives. Plus, her 0 cost is what's helping me even equip CEs at all.

Oh yeah for sure. Thanks! Um, where's your ID?

Oh yeah, this seems like a fun experimentation game, so I look forward to trying out a bunch of team comps. :) Pretty interesting how 3* servants can even compete with 5* servants (which isn't unusual for early game, but kinda rare for late).

Updated my post, you should see a link above the support image.

You would be surprised at how OP some lower level servants are, and some even being able to compete with 4 and 5*

The main thing you will understand is it becomes less about attack/HP (which is where the rarity allows the cap of stats at unless you are grailing) and more about what your NP does and what your skills do.

11 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Updated my post, you should see a link above the support image.

Oh, I guess I already got the request from you then. Wasn't entirely sure since your IGN is different, but okay, I got you now. :)

14 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

You would be surprised at how OP some lower level servants are, and some even being able to compete with 4 and 5*

The main thing you will understand is it becomes less about attack/HP (which is where the rarity allows the cap of stats at unless you are grailing) and more about what your NP does and what your skills do.

Got it! Alright, I think I have a better idea of how the combat system works. Really neat stuff here.

9 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Yeah, this is a fairly high-effort money snatch. :makina:

Well, considering it cost me $700 in the simulator to get this guy...

fqIKNm9.png

Yeah, I guess it is lol.

Made a lot of progress today thanks to @TheUnknownMercenary's Jalter. Seriously, mate, thanks for loaning her out to me! I managed to solo the entire 40 ap berserker/lancer quest with her, which got me a ton of leveling mats for Liz so I could max her out and ascend for the level 50 cap. And since I was getting profile levels like crazy due to the high level requirement, I never ran out of energy to spam. In fact, my phone ran out of battery power long before I ran out of energy to use in game, lol. Kinda makes me wish there was a PC version. >.<

Either way, I had fun. :) I finished the first singularity today and got to spend a little bit of time with the event, although it feels like I'm still far from ready to do anything more here since I can't make it to the 3rd oni (really wish I could use a carry here). But that's all right, I don't expect to clear stuff like this right away. Since I don't quite have all my slots filled in, I think I mainly need to focus on quartz farming.

8 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

In fact, my phone ran out of battery power long before I ran out of energy to use in game, lol. Kinda makes me wish there was a PC version. >.<

You can use an emulator called Memu to play FGO on PC. There's a guide on Youtube that teaches you how. The only hassle is that since transfer numbers are a one-off thing, you gotta have to frequently generate transfer numbers to do data transfers if you are to switch between phone and PC.

7 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Either way, I had fun. :) I finished the first singularity today and got to spend a little bit of time with the event, although it feels like I'm still far from ready to do anything more here since I can't make it to the 3rd oni (really wish I could use a carry here). But that's all right, I don't expect to clear stuff like this right away. Since I don't quite have all my slots filled in, I think I mainly need to focus on quartz farming.

For the onis, you have to use Support Servants  which have strong affinity against them and have MLB Sumo CEs equipped. Jalter remains an option but isn't very effective if not equipped with the Sumo CE. For this event, there are several Servants which have increased attack so you can use those to your advantage.

Edited by wei123

8 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Well, considering it cost me $700 in the simulator to get this guy...

fqIKNm9.png

Yeah, I guess it is lol.

Made a lot of progress today thanks to @TheUnknownMercenary's Jalter. Seriously, mate, thanks for loaning her out to me! I managed to solo the entire 40 ap berserker/lancer quest with her, which got me a ton of leveling mats for Liz so I could max her out and ascend for the level 50 cap. And since I was getting profile levels like crazy due to the high level requirement, I never ran out of energy to spam. In fact, my phone ran out of battery power long before I ran out of energy to use in game, lol. Kinda makes me wish there was a PC version. >.<

No problem!

Take your time with the story. If possible try to complete the Event. You have quite a bit of time and just blasting through the story should be fine with a carry (try my berserker slot, I have Raikou up which, alone, should have +100% attack for being an event servant in addition to a +50% attack to all units with the CE (my Jalter has the Sumo CE Max limit broken so it's +200% to attack which is also viable as well) Just pair them up with Mash for the defense and let the support carry you.

I say this because the free servant you get Kintoki Rider, is an amazing Rider/Quick servant. You may not be able to get NP5 as that will require farming of currency to exchange for those pieces  but at the very least you can get the unit itself.

Also with the Gatcha, the Simulation is a lot better and sometimes worse than practice. As you can see 700$ just to get waver, but that also got you Lancelot, Li Shuwen (the best arts lancer atm, very good) NP2, Nursery Rhyme (a great buster crit caster) NP2, Cu Chulainn Alter (One of THE best servants in the game), Nightingale NP3 (not really good imho but a 5* none the less), Tituria (lancer altria) another GREAT lancer at NP2. Drake which is a GREAT rider, and Vlad who is a great arts berserker (if needing some serious baby sitting he can turn into a beast and with the right team totally OP and arguably part of the best team comp in the game). And of course Waver, arguably the best support in the game PERIOD and a servant i myself constantly abuse.

Which means in 700$ you just got 7 5 stars and 7 4 stars. That's some BS luck if i say so.

Put this into perspective. I have randomly launched a ticket at the story gacha for giggles because, at the time, the only servant I didn't have was Jeanne and there has (at the time) been no rate up for her. The chances of getting a 5 star in general is 1%, the chances of getting the ONE SERVANT i didn't have, even lower.

And guess who came out of the gacha with a ticket on a random night? Jeanne...yeah lucky

On the opposite scale I have on multiple occasions spent a shitload for a servant. Cu Alter in particular took me 10 packs (about 1100$ CAD) to pull and it was in my LAST multi, LAST slot and I didn't get a single OTHER 5 star. I had about 4-5 4 star servants, but those only started popping up AFTER the 550$ point (which means I went 550$ without a single 5 or 4 star servant).

This is why I say unless you have a lot of disposable income don't pay or whale for a servant...you could end up at the 1000$ point without the servant. On the other hand you could magically pull that servant later at a random pull.

Edited by TheUnknownMercenary

16 hours ago, wei123 said:

You can use an emulator called Memu to play FGO on PC. There's a guide on Youtube that teaches you how. The only hassle is that since transfer numbers are a one-off thing, you gotta have to frequently generate transfer numbers to do data transfers if you are to switch between phone and PC.

Eh, that does sound like a hassle, imo. Not sure I can be bothered to do that every time I wanna switch devices. I kinda wish I'd known about this before I upgraded my phone (the old one wasn't able to play FGO). But that's alright, I still get a decent amount of usage time before my battery dies out, and I doubt I'll be playing this game as obsessively once I stop leveling up frequently.

16 hours ago, wei123 said:

For the onis, you have to use Support Servants  which have strong affinity against them and have MLB Sumo CEs equipped. Jalter remains an option but isn't very effective if not equipped with the Sumo CE. For this event, there are several Servants which have increased attack so you can use those to your advantage.

The issue here is that I don't even get the option to use non-event supports, and those supports are kinda hard for me to use (I can't faceroll with them). But then again, I've only been using one support, and I was completely ignoring affinity (maybe I should stop being a blockhead and start paying attention to this stuff). Actually, now that I think about it, I'm probably shooting myself in the foot using Ushiwakamaru against an assassin, lol. Maybe Musashibou would be a better alternative...

8 hours ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

This is why I say unless you have a lot of disposable income don't pay or whale for a servant...you could end up at the 1000$ point without the servant. On the other hand you could magically pull that servant later at a random pull.

Sadly, that is something I definitely do not have. :vinty: I really can't see myself spending any amount of money on regular gacha due to how little you get back from it, so I think I'll just hold off on spending money until there's a guaranteed 5* summon.

6 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

(maybe I should stop being a blockhead and start paying attention to this stuff)

Yeah, you should. It's hard enough to do quests if you bring a class that's weak to the enemy even when your servants are maxed out. If you bring an Assassin against a Caster instead of a Rider you'll be doing 4x less damage and taking 4x more, so it's basically 16x harder.

NivI0gn.png

Although there's some classes here that NA doesn't have yet :makina: