Fate/Grand Order

hsmsful

9 minutes ago, wei123 said:

You got her on the emulator or the actual game itself? fyi the increased rate for sanzhang doesn't actually increase your chances of getting a SSR Servant (it still remains 1%); rather it's more like you will probably get her if you were to roll a SSR Servant. 

Emulator, while rerolling for a SSR. I think I've read somewhere on the net that the odds for a rate up are 0.7% of getting the unit in question and 0.3% of getting any other SSR, therefore adding up to 1%. Gosh that's so damn low. If those numbers are correct I'm pretty lucky since I've got her within the first 30 rerolls lol. 

Now I dunno what to do. I could start playing already or tinker with the rerolling a little more :wafuu: Since I commited to being completely F2P this will be my best shot at getting a great unit for later content. 

On 02/06/2018 at 4:20 AM, TakunDes said:

I got 11 SSR with close to 2K$ spent, it's P2W in the way that you must be someone with NP5 servants 5* to be able to clear BP3 consistently. Anyone who's not a whale will not be able to clear BP3 at all.  The event is gone now so it's all good but it's like the first FGO event that was leaning towards P2W that much

I have spent way more than you, it ISN'T pay to win, I ended up being able to cleared BP3 CONSISTENTLY after switching to an entirely f2p team, guess what I used:

Support Waver, Cu Lancer, Cu Caster, Cu Proto, Mash, Leonidas.

Pretty much defines F2P right there.

I pretty much ran the entire event FAILING using almost every combination of SSR/SR servants I could think of. Until one of my f2p friends recommended me their team which, low and behold was all 3* and below with the exception of a support. Not believing they could clear this consistently which they told me they could, Switched to that team on the last day of the event and farmed over 100mil that day without losing once.

For the record I have every servant with the exception of Arjuna because I chose not to role for him as I don't like him.

Edited by TheUnknownMercenary

8 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Emulator, while rerolling for a SSR. I think I've read somewhere on the net that the odds for a rate up are 0.7% of getting the unit in question and 0.3% of getting any other SSR, therefore adding up to 1%. Gosh that's so damn low. If those numbers are correct I'm pretty lucky since I've got her within the first 30 rerolls lol. 

Now I dunno what to do. I could start playing already or tinker with the rerolling a little more :wafuu: Since I commited to being completely F2P this will be my best shot at getting a great unit for later content. 

I would suggest, like I have to many new players, go for what YOU want not what you think is good. As I mention above, this game you can clear most content with 3* and below with the help of a good support from time to time and most of your friends will have whatever "support" you will need.

In terms of "Broken" characters there are really only a few. Waver is one of those characters. The reason being is that he has 3 abilities all of which increase a characters NP gauge, 2 of which increase ALL allies NP gauge. These abilities basically increase 1) all allies attack + NP, 2) all defense + NP 3) A selected characters NP + Crit strength. His NP also gives a lot of debuffs, including some pretty amazing ones such as stun (chance), enemy NP charge down, def down, curse (enemy takes damage per turn for a few turns).

And most people HAVE him on their support caster list so there really isn't a need to roll for him. So I suggest picking one you like, and going with that and having fun, especially since you are F2P.

I would also state that the gacha can be amazing and shit so don't whale unless got the cash to back it up.

In the past few gachas I got Shuten in less than 150sq, I got Li Shuwen and Xuan in 300sq (I was rolling for Li Shuwen who i got on my FIRST roll and decided to roll for craft essence for this event, I ended up gettig 5 total Li Shuwens and 3 Xuan, 2 of which were from tickets). I also got 1 lancelot and 1 D'eon making it 7 total SR and 3 SSR in 300sq

Similarly, I went 500$ in the Cu Alter banner without a single SR or SSR until I finally got 1 SR (that's 750sq btw, and then went straight to 1k until I got Cu Alter. Which means in 1k (1500sq) I got 1 SR and 1 SSR.

This happened to me 3 times if i remember, once on Bryn banner, once on Okita, and once on Cu Alter.

Many other servants either came through tickets or under 150sq, and a handful in between massive spending and barely any.

At this point I found that almost no servant is worth whaling unless you are willing to go that mile. Just enjoy the game instead and you will probably eventually randomly get the servant.

I mean... I COULD try to reroll for waver, but some quick maths reveal that I should reroll 3100+ times to have 90%+ chance of getting him. With the current speed of my emulator that would take like 2 months. I don't think it's worth it :makina:

I think I should take your advice and just try to enjoy the game. Though let me tell you, if I spent 500$ and got nothing at all I would've broken my Phone, quited the game and killed myself. Not exactly sure in what order. 

Edited by Thyndd

13 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

I mean... I COULD try to reroll for waver, but some quick maths reveal that I should reroll 3100+ times to have 90%+ chance of getting him. With the current speed of my emulator that would take like 2 months. I don't think it's worth it :makina:

I think I should take your advice and just try to enjoy the game. Though let me tell you, if I spent 500$ and got nothing at all I would've broken my Phone, quited the game and killed myself. Not exactly sure in what order. 

Is why I tell people that if you are whaling be prepared to either fail or spent a shitload because you COULD go 1k and not get a single SSR (in my case I got Cu Alter, the ONLY SSR I got on my VERY last multi on the VERY LAST slot at the end of my 1k).

You will have a better time just enjoying the game and leaving it to luck if you get the characters or not. There are usually reruns and many servants will perma be in the gacha so unless you have, say, a huge damn hard on for Gil, who is limited, I would say don't worry about it. And even then just roll whatever you got and if you don't get them be okay with it, move on, and try again next time.

Waver is in pretty much EVERYONES support as almost everyone playing from day 1 has him (because everyone either rerolled for him which wasn't too hard considering there was what...5 SSRs in the gacha back then? or he spooped you later on).

9 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Is why I tell people that if you are whaling be prepared to either fail or spent a shitload because you COULD go 1k and not get a single SSR (in my case I got Cu Alter, the ONLY SSR I got on my VERY last multi on the VERY LAST slot at the end of my 1k).

Man, this is more depresing than any utsuge I've ever read :notlikemiya:

Yeah, definitely, I'm not gonna spend 1 cent on this game. The few extra chances are not worth the money at all. I'll gladly welcome whatever I get and that's it. 

Well, thank you both a lot for all the info and tips!

14 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Yeah, definitely, I'm not gonna spend 1 cent on this game. The few extra chances are not worth the money at all. I'll gladly welcome whatever I get and that's it. 

No problem, I know too many people who got butt hurt over not getting a character in 500sq, 300sq, and even 150sq. You gotta remember that it's basically a lottery. Sure you COULD get a SSR off a ticket but you are also likely NOT to get an SSR in a shitload of pulls. If you go in not expecting anything it makes it that much more awesome when you roll a ticket for giggles and Jeanne pops out randomly off rate up just cause (happened to me and it was, at the time, the only SSR I didn't have because she hadn't had a rate up yet).

Have fun and if you need help on team comps or anything just ask.

3 hours ago, Thyndd said:

The only time you should consider spending money is when there's a guaranteed 5* gacha because, well, you're guaranteed to get a 5*.

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

I know it's kind of late, but here's my User ID: 927,402,510. Please add me; I'm in need of friends boohoo

Added, named Denton

If anyone wants to add me as well here is my ID and Team at least atm for the event going on.

Friend Code: 105,444,097

Spoiler

jDONjDW.png

Ok my bois, the rerolling spree has ended for me and this is what I ended up with:

Spoiler

lTfC5Bp.jpg

Don't even have the cost to actually play it all yet but oh well :makina: So in the end I got the pirate girl and Herc. I more than gladly will settle for that. Now it's time to actually start playing the game and saving those precious quartz for when the right time comes around.

In case someone wants to add me (which is unlikely, I know, I'm a complete noob for now :wafuu:) here is my ID: 796,637,041

EDIT: I will take this opportunity to ask you guys a question. What is the purpose of the leader position in a party? In Brave Frontier the leader was the one unit that appeared available to your friends to use as support, plus it had a leader skill that affected the whole party during battle, but from what I can see, here you can actually select a support set of servants and I can't find any leader skill either :michiru:

Edited by Thyndd

34 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Ok my bois, the rerolling spree has ended for me and this is what I ended up with:

Reveal hidden contents

lTfC5Bp.jpg

Don't even have the cost to actually play it all yet but oh well :makina: So in the end I got the pirate girl and Herc. I more than gladly will settle for that. Now it's time to actually start playing the game and saving those precious quartz for when the right time comes around.

In case someone wants to add me (which is unlikely, I know, I'm a complete noob for now :wafuu:) here is my ID: 796,637,041

EDIT: I will take this opportunity to ask you guys a question. What is the purpose of the leader position in a party? In Brave Frontier the leader was the one unit that appeared available to your friends to use as support, plus it had a leader skill that affected the whole party during battle, but from what I can see, here you can actually select a support set of servants and I can't find any leader skill either :michiru:

Leader doesn't do anything. I think before some update you had to have your own servant in the leader position, rather than a support, but at least on JP that's no longer the case.

2 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Reveal hidden contents

lTfC5Bp.jpg

HOLY CRAP YOU GOT FRANCIS DRAKE I CAN'T-

(but I thought SSRs weren't available for Tutorial summoning; looks like the wiki's wrong lmao)

Just now, wei123 said:

(but I thought SSRs weren't available for Tutorial summoning; looks like the wiki's wrong lmao)

lol no, they aren't. You get 3 SQ after clearing the first quest in Fuyuki, so I was getting one summon per reroll. So as you can see, I'm as stubborn as a mule :yumiko:

7 hours ago, Thyndd said:

lol no, they aren't. You get 3 SQ after clearing the first quest in Fuyuki, so I was getting one summon per reroll. So as you can see, I'm as stubborn as a mule :yumiko:

Well but even so, getting a SSR on your first day(?) is downright scandalous. Anyways, there's this 3M DL event going on where you can summon a 4* Servant available from the Tutorial Summoning Pool but you have to first clear Fuyuki, so you gotta hurry.

Edited by wei123

2 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Well but even so, getting a SSR on your first day(?) is downright scandalous. Anyways, there's this 3M DL event going on where you can summon a 4* Servant available from the Tutorial Summoning Pool but you have to first clear Fuyuki so you gotta hurry.

You see, it isn't exactly that I was THAT lucky. I used Nox with 4 instances running (my poor laptop can't handle more lol) and a macro to automatize the process. I kept it running for 8 hours a day for 3 days, at a pace of 4 rerolls per hour, 32 rerolls per day, so 96 rerolls in total. I looked at this list: https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/5-star-tier-list to know which servants are considered good. I would accept any placed tier 3 or above. Let's count those who are available at the story summon: Francis Drake, Tamamo-no-Mae, Zhugen Liang, Jack the Ripper, so 4. Each one has 0.076% chance, according to the summoning info in-game, so 0,304% chance of pulling either of those. Using a binomial distribution, you get that the probability of getting any of those in 96 rolls is 25%. Still lucky, I'll admit, but it's not like I did a yolo summon and got a good SSR :makina: 

On 05/06/2018 at 12:08 PM, wei123 said:

I know it's kind of late, but here's my User ID: 927,402,510. Please add me; I'm in need of friends boohoo

I finally gave up waiting for an EU release and grabbed it via APK Pure... my ID is 262.238.547. I've been playing it non stop while I was overseas all of May, was a good time killer while stuck onboard at sea. :)

15 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Anyways, there's this 3M DL event going on where you can summon a 4* Servant available from the Tutorial Summoning Pool but you have to first clear Fuyuki so you gotta hurry.

Just got my 3M DL Ticket... whoop whoop! I'm also quite enjoying this Sanzang event (boobies), anyone know how many volumes in the quest? I'm just about to do volume 6.

6 hours ago, Trickay said:

I finally gave up waiting for an EU release and grabbed it via APK Pure... my ID is 262.238.547. I've been playing it non stop while I was overseas all of May, was a good time killer while stuck onboard at sea. :)

9 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Requests sent.

6 hours ago, Trickay said:

Just got my 3M DL Ticket... whoop whoop! I'm also quite enjoying this Sanzang event (boobies), anyone know how many volumes in the quest? I'm just about to do volume 6.

I believe Vol. 7 is the last one (for the first part anyways). More information here.

Edited by wei123

9 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Hide contents

lTfC5Bp.jpg

Congrats, Drake is a fantastic Rider, waifu material and a bro. Couldn't ask for a better rider honestly. Her skills are fantastic and her NP is great as well. Aside from the lack of single target NP she is a fantastic Rider.

Herc is pretty much a 5* in disguise so having him will pretty much make you set for the game, he can continuously smash through everything. I would recommend Ascending him first to get his skills ASAP.

Don't worry about the cost, you will get enough easily later.

Did I already add you?

Leader position does nothing really, currently you ONLY need a support servant, the Leader is just the first servant in the slot you have. I honestly would have preferred being able to use only my own servants and at that being able to only use 1 specifically (would love soloing the game without the stupid gimmicks now needed to do it).

If you didn't already know (as it took me time for me to find out) you can move the support servant to the back row and rearrange servants around allowing you to have your first 3 servants being your own.

50 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Herc is pretty much a 5* in disguise so having him will pretty much make you set for the game, he can continuously smash through everything. I would recommend Ascending him first to get his skills ASAP.

Will do! I'll have to start grinding for that exp. For now I seem to be able to do the 20 AP quest just fine. I gave the 30 AP one a try and I got my ass kicked though :makina:

52 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Did I already add you?

I haven't received your request at least, no. If you feel like it here's my friend code: 796,637,041 But you know, it'll probably take me a while to catch up and actually provide useful supports.

54 minutes ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

If you didn't already know (as it took me time for me to find out) you can move the support servant to the back row and rearrange servants around allowing you to have your first 3 servants being your own.

Hey that's interesting. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me. For now I prefer to play with other people's servants in order to get to knowing them, but that might change soon. People's servants are way too OP for my current level and they make the game pretty dull.

12 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Will do! I'll have to start grinding for that exp. For now I seem to be able to do the 20 AP quest just fine. I gave the 30 AP one a try and I got my ass kicked though :makina:

The Sanzhang quest?

13 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

For now I prefer to play with other people's servants in order to get to knowing them

If this ain't me

7 minutes ago, wei123 said:

The Sanzhang quest?

No no, just the daily exp farming quest. The one I failed to do is called Rider Training Ground - Advanced. I figured that since I could do the 20AP quest with relative ease maybe I had a chance at the 30AP one, but nope :wahaha: There go my 30 AP.

10 minutes ago, wei123 said:

If this ain't me

Feels bad no to be a:

Spoiler

Image result for whale

1 hour ago, Thyndd said:

I haven't received your request at least, no. If you feel like it here's my friend code: 796,637,041 But you know, it'll probably take me a while to catch up and actually provide useful supports.

Hey that's interesting. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me. For now I prefer to play with other people's servants in order to get to knowing them, but that might change soon. People's servants are way too OP for my current level and they make the game pretty dull.

Yeah the difficulty spike into 30 and then 40 is pretty big, but once you can start farming 40 you will be in the clear.

I'll add you after I'm done my meetings. And it's fine...I have every servant so I don't even use supports much. Most of my friends are lower level players anyways.

Yeah I ended up playing quite a while with support servants and ended up being annoyed because I wanted to make a team of, say, arts team based but friend servants didn't fit what I wanted. Then after watching a G&A Review video I saw them switch servants around and I went "AWW HELL NAW WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS!" Almost know one I knew knew this either lol.

I played during launch so...my servants were usually the OP ones on the NA server, but I kept them in the back so that I could play with who I wanted, and if I was close to losing I would have that clutch servant in the back.

Also, work on Cu when you get him, dude is a beast.