Fate/Grand Order

hsmsful

On 09/04/2018 at 9:02 AM, alden_0023 said:

Dude I spent $200 for jack but didnt get one. Thats was why Im so disappointed that they had the paid gacha on thanksgivving rather than new years, since Jack would have been on the banner. Also rolled for her on the Valentines banner but didnt get her :(

I think Id do 10 rolls for each summer banner since I got a real lack of lancers and archers, but it is dangerously close to the Prilya event.

If this is the case Id be rolling for everyone LOL

700$ for jack, that's how much it took me to roll her and she was the only 5* i got.

13 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

For some reason, Avengers seem to hate me. I got a five star servant in both the Edmond Dantes and Jalter gatcha, but neither of them were for the advertised servant. They were both servants I haven't rolled at least, Vlad and Francis, so I couldn't really get mad...... it's just a really complex feeling of happiness and disappointment. 

I'm curious if the 700+ rolls I have saved in the friendship gatcha will be enough to get Angra.

...... oh right, rate up is a lie or whatever..... 

I would say take what you can get,

I personally didn't want any of the avengers currently in NA, I rolled for CE and decided to stop when i didn't get anymore 4* servants and I got Jalter. Edmond threw a few tickets for shitz and got him.

Granted in saying that, you can probably see my posts and see that for people like Cu Alter it took me 1000$ to roll him, and over 1000sq for people like Bryn and Okita...so yeah...

Many...insteresting things happened over the few weeks.

I rolled a pack for an NP2 Gil and I gottem.

Then I broke my phone breaking my streak

f7K3BNP.png

300$ repair sadly...but I got it back and the new banner came out so, i rolled a pack

Got spooped...

Spoiler

kzlfyxh.png

Then my partner rolled a few and got 3 Kiritsugu's...booo so I was like, fuck it and rolled 3 additional multis and wow...

Spoiler

gkBmkiz.png

Wre9JHW.png

YKfnuZr.png

So wow...I mean I dono what I'm more shocked about, 3 4 star servants and 2 5 star servants in a few multis...or that I got spooped by 2 non rate up 4 stars before the 3'rd comes out as the rate up and my first 5 star is off rateup as well...

But hey, 1 step away from NP5 altera and NP5 Lancelot acquired

Spoiler

qcHOlGr.png

SbWTl6L.png

Good day, also smiles protected

Spoiler

04i7ibv.png

I3jCW5Q.png

1 hour ago, wei123 said:

Hi, I'm new here (started on Saturday,21 April, one day after it was released in my country). Please give me so tips on leveling up Servants. My party setup is as follows:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180424_200737.png

Herc gonna be your boy. Level him up and he will smash. Do you have any other servants? I personally don't really like D'eon but if you wana use ...it? him you can. David is pretty good but for archers I would go with Euyale or Robin Hood, for Riders go with Medusa/Ushi, personal opinion on who to use, BUT if you like those characters don't bother listening to me. You can pretty much clear everything with your favourites regardless of their rarirty so.

For 3 and below level stars, Hans, Shakespear, Amadeus, Lu Bu, Cu, Caesar, Robin Hood, Euryale, Medusa, Ushi, Hassan, Kojiro are some REALLY good servants

Especially Hans, Cu which are basically broke for 2 and 3 star respectively. Hassan is your Assassin (kojiro is good to but Hassan does what an Assassin should VERY well).

1 hour ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Herc gonna be your boy. Level him up and he will smash. Do you have any other servants? I personally don't really like D'eon but if you wana use ...it? him you can. David is pretty good but for archers I would go with Euyale or Robin Hood, for Riders go with Medusa/Ushi, personal opinion on who to use, BUT if you like those characters don't bother listening to me. You can pretty much clear everything with your favourites regardless of their rarirty so.

For 3 and below level stars, Hans, Shakespear, Amadeus, Lu Bu, Cu, Caesar, Robin Hood, Euryale, Medusa, Ushi, Hassan, Kojiro are some REALLY good servants

Especially Hans, Cu which are basically broke for 2 and 3 star respectively. Hassan is your Assassin (kojiro is good to but Hassan does what an Assassin should VERY well).

Thanks for the help! I have both Medusa and Hassan so I will take your advice into consideration. Also, how do I increase the number of stars for a Servant? Is it even possible to change it? And how do you obtain a 5* Servant, without cashing (is it even possible at all)?

P.S Sorry for the noob questions.

Edited by wei123

41 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Thanks for the help! I have both Medusa and Hassan so I will take your advice into consideration. Also, how do I increase the number of stars for a Servant? Is it even possible to change it? And how do you obtain a 5* Servant, without cashing (is it even possible at all)?

P.S Sorry for the noob questions.

There is no way to increase "Star" level but you can GRAIL servants. star just really means your lvl cap, so 5star is capped at 90, 4 at 80, 3 at 70, 2 at 65, 1 at 60? i think. So of course their stats are lower if they have lower star level, but stats don't really mean too much. It's all about skills and NP. This is why people like Cu, Hans, Hassan, are GREAT as they have amazing skills and/or NP abilities despite having lower "stats" and level "cap"

However by Grailing servants (once they reach max cap level you can use a Holy Grail to increase their level cap (before 90 it goes up by 5 so, 60 -> 65 -> 70 -> 75 -> 80 -> 85 -> 90, 90 goes up by 2 to 100 so 90 -> 92 -> 94 etc to 100 which is THE level CAP) you can get lower stars to be on relatively better footing to compare to upper stars. However note that in this game GRAILS are limited, you will get more as time goes on but they are entirely limited resources so be careful on who you grail. It is recommended to grail the servants you REALLY like rather than for "stats" or "min/max"ing as the servants you really like are the ones you will most likely play with and therefore you will get the most out of grailing those.

To get 5* servants it's rare even on rateup. Rateup just means that 5 star servants are 1% chance. if the game registers you as getting a 5 star it will then randomize WHICH 5 star you get, rateup just means when this RANDOMIZE process starts you will have a better chance at getting that servant. but this does not increase the 1%

In saying that, if you want to remain free to play, just save up your quarts and tickets and don't go ham on spending them, spend every now and again, a multi here and multi there, a ticket every now and then. you may get lucky.

I myself for instance spent 2 tickets randomly on the story gacha and got a 4 star AND a 5 star. I have spent a few multis on banners and got both the 4 star and 5 stars in a few multis...but at the same time I have gone over 1000sq without getting a single 5 star before and also over 500 without a single 4 star. and even THEN you aren't guaranteed the servant you wana roll for...so just appreciate everything you get, don't go ham, and have fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2018 at 7:11 PM, wei123 said:

I got my first 5* Servant today! :sacchan:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180519_010342.png

I spent over a 1000 quartz and end up with only 5* Altera, want to kms. Gonna only spent on paid gacha from now on. The current  event is also quite P2W

On 27/05/2018 at 4:34 PM, TakunDes said:

I spent over a 1000 quartz and end up with only 5* Altera, want to kms. Gonna only spent on paid gacha from now on. The current  event is also quite P2W

I would argue it isn't P2W considering how many servants I have and I still can barely clear bp3 with a 40% success rate. The fucking event is hugely luck based, I don't know ANYONE who can clear it consistently.

2 hours ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

I would argue it isn't P2W considering how many servants I have and I still can barely clear bp3 with a 40% success rate. The fucking event is hugely luck based, I don't know ANYONE who can clear it consistently.

Tamamo, Orion, Support Waver. The only day I couldn't clear consistently was Rider because Waver often died too soon. That team does require 2 SSR though, F2P teams do have a problem here since Ibaraki deals so much damage.

Edited by Seth

36 minutes ago, Seth said:

Tamamo, Orion, Support Waver. The only day I couldn't clear consistently was Rider because Waver often died too soon. That team does require 2 SSR though, F2P teams do have a problem here since Ibaraki deals so much damage.

My best units happened to be non SSR/SR units aside from waver who you can get from support. But Mash and Cu were MVPs in this. I didn't lvl up Orion but maybe my luck is just abysmal because I have issues with

Jalter/Waver/Tamamo/Waver/Mash/Cu

Just now, TheUnknownMercenary said:

My best units happened to be non SSR/SR units aside from waver who you can get from support. But Mash and Cu were MVPs in this. I didn't lvl up Orion but maybe my luck is just abysmal because I have issues with

Jalter/Waver/Tamamo/Waver/Mash/Cu

This event really showed me Orion's quality. Arts teams are great for this challenge because of their survivability and Orion is one of the tankier Arts DPS making her a good pick even if her extra damage against males doesn't apply here. I know that people love using Jalter for nearly everything but at least before Merlin is a thing she is not great at surviving.

On 29/05/2018 at 1:42 PM, TheUnknownMercenary said:

I got 11 SSR with close to 2K$ spent, it's P2W in the way that you must be someone with NP5 servants 5* to be able to clear BP3 consistently. Anyone who's not a whale will not be able to clear BP3 at all.  The event is gone now so it's all good but it's like the first FGO event that was leaning towards P2W that much

10 hours ago, TakunDes said:

I got 11 SSR with close to 2K$ spent, it's P2W in the way that you must be someone with NP5 servants 5* to be able to clear BP3 consistently. Anyone who's not a whale will not be able to clear BP3 at all.  The event is gone now so it's all good but it's like the first FGO event that was leaning towards P2W that much

Back when Rashoumon first arrived in JP, I got all of the damage rewards and the only time I spent money was on the guaranteed 5* gacha. I wasn't technically F2P, but you definitely don't need 11 SSRs at NP5. Sure, you need to put in a bit more effort, but that's true for basically all of the higher level content. The only thing I've seen in the game so far that you could call P2W is the original Nero challenge in the upcoming Nerofest for NA.

This game reminds me a lot of Brave Frontier, which I used to play some years ago. I wasted too much money I shouldn't have wasted with that game... I'm gonna install this, but for the record I'll make the solemn oath to remain F2P right here and now :makina:

EDIT: Ok, I already installed it and gave it a try. Yep, it's almost identical to Brave Frontier. I'm gonna reroll a few times to get the servants I want (or I think I want, cause I don't really know what's good in this game yet :makina:). Wish me luck!

Edited by Thyndd

20 hours ago, Thyndd said:

This game reminds me a lot of Brave Frontier, which I used to play some years ago. I wasted too much money I shouldn't have wasted with that game... I'm gonna install this, but for the record I'll make the solemn oath to remain F2P right here and now :makina:

EDIT: Ok, I already installed it and gave it a try. Yep, it's almost identical to Brave Frontier. I'm gonna reroll a few times to get the servants I want (or I think I want, cause I don't really know what's good in this game yet :makina:). Wish me luck!

The chances of getting a SSR (5*) Servant are ridiculously low, with only a 1% chance of rolling them in Saint Quartz Summons, and even then, that percentage is split amongst several Servants. I got very lucky when I rolled Shuten Douji (which is a limited time Servant btw), since it was only my 2nd 10x roll and the chances of rolling her was like 0.7%. 

Anyways, some tips for you:

- There are four types of cards: Servants, Craft Essences (equipped by Servants to boost stats and apply battle effects), Experience Cards, and Status Up Cards.

- 3* cards are called R (Rare), 4* cards are called SR (Super Rare) and 5* cards are called SSR (Super Super Rare). I have no idea what 1* and 2* cards are called but it doesn't really matter since those are usually burned/sold.

- You will never be able to roll a SSR Servant from the Tutorial Summoning. However, you will be guaranteed at least 1 SR Servant and 1 SR CE. I got Chevalier d'Eon (Saber) and Heracles (Berserker). Can't really recall the CE I got. More info on Summoning here.

- Don't spend quartz on restoring AP or reviving your team. If you remain F2P, quartz are going to be finite.

- Continue to remain F2P (unless you are loaded). I got my first SSR Servant within a month of playing without spending a single cent, so it's not impossible to get the rare stuff without burning a hole in your wallet.

Edited by wei123

Thank you very much for the info and tips! I should be fairly familiar with how this game works. 

In Brave Frontier you also have spheres (equivalent to craft essences from what I can see). The star rarity thing is a bit different though. In BF you could evolve your 4* into 5* or even 6* in some cases. It seems like here you are stuck with the original number of stars the unit has, but then there's that ascension thing which I guess it's the evolve counterpart. 

The gacha rate is even lower here ffs, I never thought I'd live to see the day :makina:

For now I set up some instances on an emulator with a macro for rerolling. Let's just leave it there for a while and see How long it takes to get that pesky first SSR :wafuu:

EDIT:

Ok then, got the first 5*, Sanzang. The rates were up for her so that was to be expected. How do you guys think she compares against other 5*?

Edited by Thyndd

11 hours ago, Thyndd said:

For now I set up some instances on an emulator with a macro for rerolling. Let's just leave it there for a while and see How long it takes to get that pesky first SSR :wafuu:

EDIT:

Ok then, got the first 5*, Sanzang. The rates were up for her so that was to be expected. How do you guys think she compares against other 5*?

You got her on the emulator or the actual game itself? fyi the increased rate for sanzhang doesn't actually increase your chances of getting a SSR Servant (it still remains 1%); rather it's more like you will probably get her if you were to roll a SSR Servant. 

Anyways, to answer your question, she's pretty good for a Caster, since her NP is Buster type (meaning it deals rather high damage) and her base stats are pretty high (for a Caster). However, her card set is focused on generating NP (3 Arts cards out of a possible 5), so you will have a hard time dealing damage to enemies despite the high attack stat (though on the contrary, this means that you will be able to use her NP many times). 

Tdlr; she's damn good for a Caster (maybe even more so than Zhuge Liang). However, because she's a Caster, she has a 90% attacker modifier, which means that her attack is actually 10% less.