Fate/Grand Order

hsmsful

2 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

You guys also shouldn't forget about the Extra attack, which also gains extra NP gain if your first card is Arts. Basically practice with your servants and you'll figure out what works best for which.

lol yeah,i forget about the extra attack. so any tips for this nero fest?

Okay after looking into it more it seems the wikia page is wrong

Wikia states 1) that the NP gain is 100% and 2) this only applies to ALL other cards BUT the first card.

A datamine of this though states the 2) applies to ALL cards including the first card.

This means that A-B-A would give (300+100 and 600+100) giving 1100 net NP gain

B-A-A would therefore give (450 and 600) 1050 NP gain.

A-B-A gives 50% more net NP gain then.

2 hours ago, TheUnknownMercenary said:

Okay after looking into it more it seems the wikia page is wrong

Wikia states 1) that the NP gain is 100% and 2) this only applies to ALL other cards BUT the first card.

A datamine of this though states the 2) applies to ALL cards including the first card.

This means that A-B-A would give (300+100 and 600+100) giving 1100 net NP gain

B-A-A would therefore give (450 and 600) 1050 NP gain.

A-B-A gives 50% more net NP gain then.

The wikia states that part about "all other normal cards" mainly to differentiate and not confuse people about other the fact that NP cards are not affected by neither the card order nor first card bonus, the latter in particular. It doesn't actually say "the first card is unaffected by the bonus." As far as I know, the only time B-B-A would give you more than A-B-B (which has the first card bonus affecting all cards, including the extra) is when you're using Kuro, in which her arts card has so many hits, that it's more beneficial to use her arts card last to get the highest boost on it possible. 

Which is why it depends on the servant, for the most part.

And I see you have your reason, and also agree that it the wikia is somewhat unclear about it, so I apologize for being as aggressive as I was.

Edited by seventhfonist425

16 hours ago, seventhfonist425 said:

The wikia states that part about "all other normal cards" mainly to differentiate and not confuse people about other the fact that NP cards are not affected by neither the card order nor first card bonus, the latter in particular. It doesn't actually say "the first card is unaffected by the bonus." As far as I know, the only time B-B-A would give you more than A-B-B (which has the first card bonus affecting all cards, including the extra) is when you're using Kuro, in which her arts card has so many hits, that it's more beneficial to use her arts card last to get the highest boost on it possible. 

Which is why it depends on the servant, for the most part.

And I see you have your reason, and also agree that it the wikia is somewhat unclear about it, so I apologize for being as aggressive as I was.

>Being aggressive
I honestly didn't think you were.

Mainly my confusion revolved around the statement saying the first card does something, all other cards are affected by such, excluding NP cards. Which made me think that all other cards but the first are affected excluding the NP cards. Looking at the Datamined formula this isn't the case though.

In the cases of B-B-A and A-B-B if we excluding all being 1 servant and only look at the arts card being for that one servant. B-B-A gives more NP gain with it's 600%, A-B-B gives 300+100 and although it also gives +100 to all buster cards, if it isn't all the same servant then it gives less to said servant.

In the case of 4 attacks then yes you would get more. But my base assumptions were using only the arts card and all other non arts cards being other servants.

2 hours ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

The Spartacus exhibition quest was a joke. Euryale and Cu Alter rape him. Besides that i've been farming the lottery for gold skill pieces and gold medals for feathers and crystals. 

Good, good. Keep it up. I'm doing the same. I'll try and get as far as I can for boxes.

That last challenge quest was absolutely awful. Managed to do it without using a CS somehow, but it was still really annoying. This is where not having my own merlin or waver hurts me a lot.

Spoiler

Fate_GO_2017-09-17-18-17-29.png

Team i used for the 2016 finale prenerf 

And i plan on getting L artoria alter

Edited by FruitsPunchSamurai

23 hours ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

That last challenge quest was absolutely awful. Managed to do it without using a CS somehow, but it was still really annoying. This is where not having my own merlin or waver hurts me a lot.

Hide contents

Damn, you did that mess without either? Good work. And nice MHXA.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:07 AM, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Reveal hidden contents

Merlin is pretty useless in this challenge, by the time his invulnerability comes off cooldown your team has already been hit with 5 NPs. I have Merlin and I still can't beat it after trying 10 or so different teams :makina:

14 hours ago, seventhfonist425 said:

Damn, you did that mess without either? Good work. And nice MHXA.

I myself was surprised, and Jeanne is sooo good for this one. I managed to get her to block lancer artoria's Np each time, Nero's as well. Ever since Jeanne got that buff to her NP she's become much more useful. MHXA is still my main waifu.

1 hour ago, Flutterz said:

Merlin is pretty useless in this challenge, by the time his invulnerability comes off cooldown your team has already been hit with 5 NPs. I have Merlin and I still can't beat it after trying 10 or so different teams :makina:

Heh, that is true. Have you tried using Sherlock as a support? I've seen quite a few people use him to clear this one. 

1 hour ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

I myself was surprised, and Jeanne is sooo good for this one. I managed to get her to block lancer artoria's Np each time, Nero's as well. Ever since Jeanne got that buff to her NP she's become much more useful. MHXA is still my main waifu.

Heh, that is true. Have you tried using Sherlock as a support? I've seen quite a few people use him to clear this one. 

Yeah, but then I have to rely on a single damage dealer and I can't keep any single servant alive that long, plus you kinda need one single-target servant at the start and one AOE servant later to not lose to NP-spamming defense buffed Nero

8 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Yeah, but then I have to rely on a single damage dealer and I can't keep any single servant alive that long, plus you kinda need one single-target servant at the start and one AOE servant later to not lose to NP-spamming defense buffed Nero

Damn, ah well. Lot's of people haven't been able to do it, so you're not the only one atleast. 

Now that event is nearly over, i'm gonna have to start farming a ton of QP for all these skills. 

38 minutes ago, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Damn, ah well. Lot's of people haven't been able to do it, so you're not the only one atleast. 

Now that event is nearly over, i'm gonna have to start farming a ton of QP for all these skills. 

Yeah, still stings though :komari:

On the bright side I did a shit ton of farming for skills so despite adding some skills that aren't that great to my list I have almost all the materials I need.

11 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Uhhhh....

Spoiler

VJLDU7E.jpg

This was the team I used to win on the pre-nerf fight. (With an NP1 Sherlock Support (and with the damage CE.))

i21QVvH.jpg

And with a fair amount of lee-way too.

But oh well, I guess it's too late for it now.

Anyways, now that this is over:

Spoiler

twndkIx.jpg

So this is all I could muster up. Ehhh, this is good enough.

Also @FruitsPunchSamurai, yo you should add me... after I level up. I'm reeeeeally close to leveling up. (I fished your ID out 507569731, so I'll just add you when I level up.)

Spoiler

A50iRjI.jpg

4 minutes ago, seventhfonist425 said:

Uhhhh....

Hide contents

VJLDU7E.jpg

This was the team I used to win on the pre-nerf fight. (With an NP1 Sherlock Support (and with the damage CE.))

i21QVvH.jpg

And with a fair amount of lee-way too.

But oh well, I guess it's too late for it now.

Anyways, now that this is over:

Hide contents

twndkIx.jpg

So this is all I could muster up. Ehhh, this is good enough.

Also @FruitsPunchSamurai, yo you should add me... after I level up. I'm reeeeeally close to leveling up.

Hide contents

A50iRjI.jpg

Guess I just don't understand how to beat that fight. Any stall team I tried eventually died to Artoria + Nero AOE spamming and Medea purging, and equipping anyone other than Jeanne with the damage CE just ended up with that servant dead or 1v1 against Nero with infinite defense buffs.

1 hour ago, Flutterz said:

Guess I just don't understand how to beat that fight. Any stall team I tried eventually died to Artoria + Nero AOE spamming and Medea purging, and equipping anyone other than Jeanne with the damage CE just ended up with that servant dead or 1v1 against Nero with infinite defense buffs.

Right, that part with Nero having infinite defense happened to me before too. That's what Sherlock was for. The idea was to have stars come in for Sherlock, followed by critting something to death. The kill order I used was Medea > Amakusa > Jack > Ozy > Artoria > Nero. Sherlock gave the team ignore defense and crit buffs, Merlin gave the team heal, NP, and the buster buff to make sure crits killed something, and Jeanne defended and removed debuffs (Jeanne also doesn't stun from her NP anymore, so super helpful there.) So once it got down to Nero, I switched in Sherlock, had him give Artoria Archer ignore def, and it was pretty free from there.

...Which is why I was pretty impressed that fruits did the fight without either, so props. Maybe Merlin wasn't as important as I thought.