Rejoice, the VN franchise is saved. Sakura Beach released

SilverLi

I seem to remember that at some point in time, the average citizen seemed to be excited at the prospect of this game. However, since then numerous Sakura games have come out, dragging the company's reputation through the mud (not such a large fall, truth be told, when their first game was the jaw-dropping experience that it was). Even then, I shall reserve my ignorant and probably warranted hate for this game to after people have time to finish it.

BdqQ1dW_700wa_0.gif

Is it just me or is the art less like the other Sakura games and more like Fault Milestone One?

They comissioned a different artist for this game, and a talented one at that, who I'm really sad to see have their name put on this.

I guess Winged Cloud artists were too busy working on those sweet Sakura Clicker sprites.

I've already ran out of silly responses, so have this instead.

hr_fu_wg.png

Well People buy this shit and the good VNs dont even have 5-10k...

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=sakura

Jast and MG can't even sell their products. It's been like that for years and it greatly impacts their sales every time, which could have been at least bigger, and in many cases, achieve some sort of a commercial success otherwise. I admit everyone knows Girlish Grimoire Editio Regia is an all ages port, but it shouldn't really matter; in fact it should boost the sales, yet the game has less than 3k owners on Steam alone. It's both hilarious and depressing at the same time. Truth to be told, we don't really know how many customers supported Jast/LittleWitch buying the 18+ version, but we might not even see games like these anymore and definately won't see all ages ports, as such sales won't cover the production costs; in other words - no japanese vn's on Steam.

They comissioned a different artist for this game, and a talented one at that, who I'm really sad to see have their name put on this.

I guess Winged Cloud artists were too busy working on those sweet Sakura Clicker sprites.

$10 says this game sells more poorly than the others due to different art.  That's really all the Sakura games ever had going for them.