A Very Important Date [GxB/G][BxB][Otome | Fantasy | Commercial] - ~3 hours left on Kickstarter

naivesprites

Hello everyone!

We're happy to announce that A Very Important Date's demo has been updated!  The Rory update includes the first 3 chapters of Rory's story which boosts the word count of the demo to over 45,000, and increases playtime by around two hours!  The demo can be downloaded from our Itch.io page.

Along with Rory's chapters, this demo also adds in the CG Eye Toggle feature and the ability to delete save files. The CG Eye Toggle feature will change our event illustrations to either show Alison's eyes or have them obscured.  The CG Eye Toggle's effect can be seen in Gwyn's third chapter.

Please keep in mind that this is still a demo, so there may still be bugs that haven't been worked out yet.  In our next demo update, we hope to implement the fast forward, log, and name change capabilities.

Along with the demo news, we are also happy to announce that we've reached 51% on Kickstarter!  Thank you to everyone who has backed us so far and those who have shared our links!  Our campaign runs until July 21st at 11:59PM EDT, so if you try our newer demo and enjoy the characters and story, please consider backing us on Kickstarter.  If you're unable to back us, simply sharing our posts to help spread the word about A Very Important Date would help us immensely.

Thank you all and we hope you enjoy Rory's update.

Hello all you wonderful people!

Yesterday marked the third year since I started writing A Very Important Date!

There have been a number of highs within this last year.  We’ve picked up the amazingly talented Geoff Moore as our composer, who has already created nearly half of our soundtrack!  Through Darkenmarr, we made the steps to move our sprites to Live2D!  Our background artists created over 20 backgrounds!  Through the hard work of our programmers, we got our visual novel’s engine to run smoothly!  Justin, Darkenmarr, and I visited our first conventions under the Naïve Sprites name!  We even dipped our toes into Kickstarter!

But with the highs come the inevitable lows.  This past year has been a really rough one for a lot of our team members.  We’ve lost loved ones, new health situations have cropped up, and other unavoidable life events have affected the team, and these have been incredibly difficult for us.  But from those we persevere.  We press on.  We’re still moving forward as best as we can.

One of the main reasons for pressing forward is because of all of you.  When I say that you’re wonderful people in my posts, it’s not just because I’m trying to make an Alice in Wonderland styled turn of phrase.  It’s because that’s what all of you are; wonderful, amazing, understanding individuals that I cannot thank enough.  Thank all of you for sticking with us, cheering us on, giving us feedback, sharing our links, and most of all, for giving this little upstart crew a try.

Right now, after adding in the money from A-kon to Kickstarter, we’re sitting at 67% of our goal.  Words cannot express how happy I am to be at this point.  I want to extend my gratitude to my team, my boyfriend, my friends, my family, and all of our fans and backers for getting us to this point as we turn our eyes to the next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

If you wonderful people have not yet heard, we’ve hit 104% on our second Kickstarter attempt!

But this isn’t the end of our Kickstarter adventure! We have 11 days left on our new campaign and we have seven stretch goals to aim for. The first of these stretch goals is to have a Boys Love side story attached to A Very Important Date’s main game. This will be a three to four chapters short story that will feature our main game’s cast. If this goal is reached, any backer at a $30+ tier will get this side story for free! (If you do not want this side story, it could be traded for a future side story instead.)

We would also like to let our previous backers know that we are going to do a Facebook live stream for our second Kickstarter backers on Thursday. Access to the live stream group starts at only $15! We hope to see you all there!

Along with this, in our newest Backer Only post on the second Kickstarter and Facebook, we have posted our recent completed song by Geoff Moore, two new backgrounds, and WIPs of two characters for our Spin-Off visual novel.

All of our previous backers who have returned to back us once again, we thank you so much for your continued support! For previous backers that have yet to follow us over there, time is running out! Please consider pledging to our second Kickstarter so we can meet our stretch goals! Remember our rewards start at just $1.

We’ve hit one of our stretch goals last night! Unless our Kickstarter goes below $4,500 before the campaign ends, we will have a Boys Love side story in A Very Important Date’s main game. This will be a three to four chapters short story that will feature our main game’s cast.

If we remain above the goal before our Kickstarter ends, any backers that pledged at $30+ tiers will get the side story for free! (If a backer does not want this side story, it could be traded for a future side story instead.)

We’re currently at 139% with 3 hours left to go!