Forum rollback to August 3rd + cookie issues

Zakamutt

Blame Nay, because for once it was my mistake.

Rollback was intentional though. Stuff broke when the server crashed during backup (ironically enough).

Every other problem was related to my enabling Cloudflare when I thought we might've been hit by a DDOS, which I later found out we didn't. Forgot to turn it off again. There you have it.

1vv6xBj.jpg?1

Cloudfare

Whenever Fuwanovel stops working, it's cloudfare's fault. No exceptions.

Indeed.

Also, I'm kinda back, but not really. Just don't expect to see me more than once or twice a day.

Protip: Don't just write on the net. Save your posts/blog content.

It's really a pity. It didn't impact me that much, but I bet there are very active users, who suffered a lot from this. Losing large blog posts or well written walls of text is always painful, even if barely anyone reads them :makina:

I'm sort of glad I don't host my main blog here now.  I'd written two substantial articles that I hadn't mirrored anywhere else in those 10 days.

I did lose my hardcopy poll though.  Kind of sad about that.  Luckily I'd already summarized the results on the MangaGamer mirror.

Five posts on four different VNs... I dunno if I can reconstruct the Natsuiro Recipe ones from memory, though I think I can manage the Arcadia no Tomoshibi and Akuma Musume ones...

Edit: While I don't generally 'post and forget', I generally compose them in the Fuwanovel text editor right before posting them... usually while my impressions of a VN are still fresh. 

Blame Nay, because for once it was my mistake.

Rollback was intentional though. Stuff broke when the server crashed during backup (ironically enough).

Every other problem was related to my enabling Cloudflare when I thought we might've been hit by a DDOS, which I later found out we didn't. Forgot to turn it off again. There you have it.

doesnt the forum makes regular back up? this data base is from 2 weeks ago :/