VN with romance, comedy AND serious stuff ?

Molipa

Hi,

So I'm a bit new with VN, I haven't played a lot of them, so I'd like some recommandations. I searched a bit on VNDB but I don't find the site really clear and easy to understand, so I'm coming to you for advices.

I'm actually looking at VNs which would feature romance and comedy stuffs, like a lot of them, but also some really serious stuff. I'm not talking about students problems like Majikoi or Muv Luv Extra, I'm talking about real shit, more like Muv-Luv Alternative, with potential deaths for the protagonist and/or the other heroes and stuff like that.

And I'd like it, if possible, to be in modern japan, maybe gangs of mafia related.

For the romance part, I just don't want it to be something with sexe scenes every two minutes, I don't mind them but it's more about the romance than the sexe.

Edit : Also, forgive my english, I'm French. And I should add that I want the VNs to be english translated, I obviously don't understand japanese.

sharin no kuni

grisaia no kajitsu

some routes of rewrite

I wanna say g-senjou but it doesnt have much comedy or romance

fate/stay night

cartagra but it lacks a bit on the comedy and romance too

yu-no

shiawase no katachi

aaand I can't think of any other right now (not all of them are mafia or gangs related)

Funny, I just downloaded it, but I didn't think it had serious shit, given the description I read. Well, I'm gonna try it, but I still accept other suggestions.

Edit : And thank you.

sharin no kuni

grisaia no kajitsu

some routes of rewrite

fate/stay night

yu-no

shiawase no katachi

aaand I can't think of any other right now (not all of them are mafia or gangs related)

Didn't see this one.

Well I'm gonna look at it on VNDB. Didn't know Fate/Stay featured romance and comedy, though.

Funny, I just downloaded it, but I didn't think it had serious shit, given the description I read. Well, I'm gonna try it, but I still accept other suggestions.

Edit : And thank you.

Didn't see this one.

Well I'm gonna look at it on VNDB. Didn't know Fate/Stay featured romance and comedy, though.

it does have comedy, very few vn dont have comedy on them but even the most serious ones still have just a little like swan song for example, the only vn I can think of that doesnt have any kind of comedy or romance is narcissu (saya no uta doesnt have comedy but does have some kind of romance xD )

g-sejou is something weird, the romance is there but the main character is something weird...you need to play it to understand what I'm saying (some route do have some kind of romance..)

Well I thought Fate/Stay was really serious, I don't know why but it felt like it.

So I checked the other one and I didn't find Yu-No, but I noticed Cartagra and Grisaia, both look kinda cool, do you think they're good options based on what I said, or would you recommand other ones from your list ?

senjou no mau is what you are looking for but I would recommend sharin no kuni, the humor is really good, the plot is awesome and there is a good love story too, they were made by the same company so you cant go wrong with neither of them.

fate stay like I said it does have comedy, it's not the focus of the novel it is more serious than anything else.

Well, then I'll start with G senjou, then Sharin no Kuni or Grisaia no Kajitsu, I'm not sure yet. Thanks to all of you (I'll still listen to suggestions, though, I'm starting to really like VNs and since I have a lot of free time these days I may finish these 3 in a week or two).

I think Akabeisoft2 is overrated, their only good products seems to be the ones written by Looseboy (G-senjou, sharin, a profile etc.), everything else looks mediocre at best.

cant say for sure since most of their games are not translated but I did play a bit of kourin no machi and boku no hitori sensou (my japanese still sucks so I want to get better and read them in the future) and both of them looked really good to me but then again I can't say for sure, considering the amount of vn they have to me seems like a good company, yeah true it's not 5pb or light but it's not ruf either that made only 1 good game and then all crap.

• 2 weeks later...

sharin no kuni

grisaia no kajitsu

some routes of rewrite

fate/stay night

yu-no

shiawase no katachi